Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Selena #1: Because she`ll always be La Reina.

On March 30, 1995, Marcela Quintanilla recieved a phone call from her daughter, Selena. "Mom," she said, "Let's go have lunch."
"My foot was swollen," remembers Mrs. Quintanilla, "I had broken my ankle, but I wanted to spend time with her. I'm so glad I went. We sat in this resturaunt for about four hours, and she told me about another time she had eaten there. A little old lady was eating by herself. Selena felt bad for her so she told the waitor she would pay for the lady's meal, but not to say who did it. Later Selena called the waitor over and said 'I want you to give her one of those little cakes that you give people on their birthdays. Put it in a bag so she can take it home.' When she told me this I wanted to cry. Then Selena drove me home. She was weaving in and out of traffic and singing. I grabbed her ear and said 'I love you.' And she said, 'I love you, mama.'" Who knew "I love you, mama" would be the last words Marcela Quintanilla would hear come out of her daughter's mouth?

Born Selena Quintanilla to Abraham and Marcela Quintanilla, and the youngest of 3, Sister to A.B. and Suzette. When Selena was 9 years old her father, Abraham, formed a family band, Selena y Los Dinos. With an amazing voice at the early age, Selena lead her family to the stardom they have today. Her voice only got better and better. On April 2, 1992 Selena and Chris Perez (Her guitarist for the past 3 years) married. That day was what she considered one of the best days of her life. The other one was when she was the first Female Latin artist to win a grammy. She won for "Selena: Live" then was nominated for her ablum "Amor Prohibido". She won "Female Entertainer of the Year" and "Female Vocalist of the Year" 9 years in a row at the Tejano Music Awards.

On March 31, the news traveled all over the world. Her death shook the Latino community all over the world. Some thought and hoped it was a rumor, it wasn't. Selena Quintanilla-Perez was pronounced dead at 1:05 PM on March 31, 1995. She was killed by a fan, her friend, Yolanda Saldivar, president of her fan club. Yolanda is now in Life Sentance. "It really doesn't matter. The damage is done, Selena is gone and no verdict can change that!" Chris said. One thing that Selena wanted more than anything was to have a family of her own. One week after she was killed, she had made a doctors appointment to remove a device so her and Chris could have a baby.

Even today Selena fans still mourn the loss of their queen, the queen of Tejano music. Thousands and thousands of fans passed by her coffin. The Friday she died, will always be known as Black Friday...

In July of 1995, her dream of crossing over into the pop market was accomplished. The first single released from her English album Dreaming Of You, "I Could Fall In Love," instantly became a hit and was in heavy rotation all across the US. Dreaming Of You instantly hit the charts at number one and sold more copies in one day than Mariah Carey's did in a week, if only Selena was here to see her dream come true. Selena will always be in the hearts of her billions of fans, she will never be forgotten. We love you Selena!!

Old 04-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love her music,the last image is so sad!
Old 07-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Passionate Fan

why haven't more people said anything! Her music is beautiful, anyone else a fan?

breakdown<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

I love Selena
Old 07-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved her too. It's too bad this is the only thread of her on here.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

The anniversary of her death is coming up and I thought I'd bump this thread. It's a shame if she was forgotten...

Last edited by UpInFlames; 03-22-2010 at 12:09 AM
UpInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really miss her last summer I visited CC and visited her grave.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

I was far too young to really feel the loss, but I still look back and wish I had appreciated her music since it's so beautiful. There are times when I wonder how her music could have grown throughout the years, it's obvious that she was born to be a performer.

I admire her to this day

ETA: Also, it would be really nice if we could replace the broken image links to the OP.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)

ETA: Also, it would be really nice if we could replace the broken image links to the OP.
I know
Old 03-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Her anniversary is coming up this Wednesday, so if anyone wants to show a little tribute to Selena til then or on that day, I made a few simple icons.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

I was a little girl when she died and I just remember seeing/hearing about it on E News. I didn't know who she was so i researched her and asked my dad to buy her Dreaming of You album.

IMO she's a tragic loss. I keep wondering what would have happened to her career had she lived
Old 04-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Master Fan

Sorry DP

Last edited by hiddleskittlesღ; 04-10-2012 at 03:25 AM
hiddleskittlesღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope people never forget her

Old 04-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Absolute Fan

love her music

..is it possible to change the broken image links in the OP?

Quote:
IMO she's a tragic loss. I keep wondering what would have happened to her career had she lived
yep..sad that she's gone i think that her career would have skyrocketed. She had a lot going for her.

- Mari -

Last edited by Elena_1716; 04-15-2012 at 07:23 PM
Elena_1716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Her birthday was yesterday...

I may not be from the hispanic community but i defintely appreciated her music I even can sing it lol
Reply   Post New Thread