Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes the more Queen fans the better! :
Old 10-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Welcome nilo! It's great to have new Queen fans around this thread. You've been a fan for a long time, that's awesome.
How long have you been taking drum lessons?
CatFoley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

I started 7 years ago, before that I had other classes, discovering music and rhythm in general.
It is now a Percussion-ensemble really, meaning that I don't only play the drums but also Congas, Marimba etc... It's great and it all started with Queen...
nilo2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's really awesome! You've made a lot of progress in a fairly good amount of time, very impressive. It's great it started with Queen too. Do you play any of their songs?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well it's not too difficult to play along, but with our ensemble we do pretty much jazz stuff (a lot of fun!).
Old 10-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's really cool! So what would you say is your favorite song from their second greatest hits album? I know you said that's your favorite album but what's your fave song?
Old 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can only tell you, which songs I don't hear every time I hear through it. I love them too, but not as much as the others:
Innuendo
A hard life
I'm going slightly mad
Old 10-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

All of those are great choices.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bumping this thread in the memory of Freddie Mercury, who died 22 years ago from today.

I hope he rests in peace. Listening to my favorite Queen songs today
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Right! RIP Freddie!
Nice coincidence: Yesterday there was "The Perfume" on TV, starring Ben Whishaw who is set to play Freddie in a new movie about his life... That had me constantly imaginig him as Freddie, which was really disturbing, it didn't really fit with his other role...
Old 11-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

I watched their concert in Milton Keyes in honor of Freddie's memory today. RIP Freddie, who else could charm and flirt with tens of thousands of people in a crowd all at once?
I didn't know Ben Whishaw was who they have set to play him in the movie now, great choice I think.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
"The Perfume" on TV, starring Ben Whishaw
Oh, he is? I can imagine that it would be disturbing seeing the actor in a completely different role and thinking about him playing Freddie at the same time. Interesting info though that Ben Wishaw is about to play Freddie!

Aw, great way to remember Freddie by watching the tribute concert
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree how disturbing it would be to see the actor set to play Freddie as he's playing a serial killer.

And well the concert I watched was one of their original ones when Freddie was still alive, it was filmed in 1982. I sadly don't have the tribute concert to him on DVD yet.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Queen Biopic now filming , has fired there director Bryan Singer .
Old 12-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've seen that a few places. This film has had such a troubled development for a long time now.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top