Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 04:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Interpol on Sydney on the 29th! I've booked flights and everything. Scary eh? If they're not good... well, that'll be really quite sad.

T - darling, darling. You'll feel so silly for not seeing the light earlier. Hands Away - heartbreaking and perfect [the finger picking, lovely], in that way where you can feel it in your chest [I am lame, but most people kind of agree with that]. Kind of similar in that way and just fÜcking beautiful - Untitled. "I will surprise you sometime, I'll come around when you're down." I think those are really nice lyrics. Maybe it's a drug reference. Haha. I don't think so, I like to take it As It Is. If you get anything, get Untitled, I listen to it so much, and maybe it's a grower - I can't really remember - but man, once it's there, addictive. NYC also like these ones. Great lyrics too. "I had seven faces, thought I knew which one to wear, I'm sick of spending these lonely nights training myself not to care." Still in-the-chestish, but catchier - Roland. I love it. Killer catchy - Say Hello to the Angels. My feet always dance to this on the bus, it's the absolute LEAST amount of movement I can do to this song.

Evil - man, the opening is enough to make the song awesome. Weirdly catchy. Played a lot, too, popular one. Slow Hands. Insanely dancey. There's a couple parts where it just goes... WHOO!sudden excitement, and man, it's hard to contain The Dance if you're not exactly in the place for it. You can tell he's having fun in the chorus. C'mere - some weirdly heartbreaking [shlt, I have to stop using that word] moments. Lyrics, the tone of his voice, and gghhhh just PERFECT moments. Length of Love - something weirdly catchy about this song, the guitar [and his voice too, all at about 2:25... it goes a bit crazy in my head]. I think that's one of the things with Interpol actually - songs will have parts that just sound so right, you know? So perfect that you can feel it, and it's addictive.

<---- LAME.

Go buy both CDs. Whoo! I'll put them on your CDs eventually though.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:02 AM
T
Master Fan

I don't have enough money for CD shopping right now . So maybe you could hurry a bit with the CD?

Wouldn't say getting excited about a band makes you all that lame, dear

Unlike me deciding on Friday morning that no, I couldn't wait till Monday evening to see Revenge of the Sith and reserved myself a ticket for that aftertnoon right there in my corporate software & database or however you translate it class. Now that was lame and pathetic .
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 05-24-2005, 01:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Lame is seeing the midnight session like my neighbours did. And aw, with a puppy and stuff. How could I say no?
Old 05-24-2005, 01:58 AM
Master Fan

Does anyone else think Revenge of the Sith is the lamest, stupidest movie they've seen this year? It was completely laughable. And all these people on the net are saying how good it is and how it 'saved' the new trilogy. Are they kidding?

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 05-24-2005, 04:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know if you guys have heard Timo Maas feat. Brian Molko but here you can see the video. Although Brian isn't in the video as far as I can see. The video was pretty dark on my comp.
I like the song.

http://www.virgin.net/music/musicvid...rstday_hi.html
Old 05-24-2005, 11:19 AM
T
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tariel
Lame is seeing the midnight session like my neighbours did. And aw, with a puppy and stuff. How could I say no?
Naah, I think that's just geeky and not necessarily in a bad way *g*. I'm just hitting my head against the desk because I bloody well knew I was going to get to see it on Monday, but I still had to go on Friday

Aww . I wub you, dear fear

Nicky - Definitely not the lamest movie I've seen this year and not just because I've seen plenty of Steven Seagal and Van Damme movies and those split that particular cake quite evenly . Still, I have no delusions of grandeour when it comes to this film.. In relatively short:

Acting: alright in places, downright cringe-worthy in a fair few spots
Chemistry: Pretty much none between Padme & Anakin (which is a shame cause I do like Hayden because of My Life as a House and Portman too)
Dialogue: Would've probably been better if they hadn't talked at all at times... it was that bad. Well, mainly the Anakin/Padme ones imo.
Directing: big & small battle scenes were certainly well enough done, but the character scenes? Not so. It's just that I know pretty much everyone in cast could've done so much better, so I can't quite blame anyone, but the director, you know. ETA: one thing that irks me more the more I think about it is what they did with Padme. I mean going from how she was in the first one? She just seemed stronger and now she was pretty much crying or about to in every scence.. Not that she didn't have reason, but you know, too much is too much. The only bit where she fir my idea of her was in that senate scene - the look after Palpatine announced the Empire thing.

So pretty much the reason why I liked it is that you just don't get to see good space battles too often on the big screen, so something like this is definitely my thing *g*. I can deal with cringing during the supposedly romantic scenes if I know there's a good battle coming on. Frankly said, If I want relationship drama, I'd pick something European. Dunno why, but when I do, I just tend to go for Spanish movies (not just Almodovar, mind you).

The reason people _are_ praising it? I've gotten the impression that it's just mainly elation that they didn't screw up III worse than how they started this prequel trilogy.. And I have a feeling most people are a bit like me when it comes to Star Wars - that's it's supposed to be just entertainment.. exciting battles and if not the good beating the bad, then the good living to fight another day at least. That it did deliver, even if the acting and the dialogue and and and were lacking in quality *g*.

Sound defensive? Probably . I seem to have developed a liking for flawed or downright bad scifi . Probably a good thing since I can't stand 2001 and that's one that's usually considered a "good" scifi movie, heh.

On a completely other note: Dean Winters should appear on my tv/computer screen more often .
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."

Last edited by T; 05-25-2005 at 12:57 AM
Old 05-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Funny SW video

Sasha
Old 05-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Oh my god, do you know what I did? I clicked on Sasha's link and then went to a site where there was a video of two boys making out, and forgot I clicked on the SW link. So I was watching these two boys make out and in the background there was this weird SW commentary happening. I didn't even realise it wasn't a part of the kissing video until about a minute in! A bit thick this morning, yeah.

You all get the email saying the band's heading back into the studio? 6th album on the way!

Old 05-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

A bit crazy today?

Sasha
Old 05-28-2005, 08:03 AM
T
Master Fan

I'm not much of a Triumph (I think that was the dog's name) fan, but that's more the fault of Conan's whole show's quality drop after 9/11.. Making fun of geeks is all well and good if it's actually funny, when it's not, it's just rather pathetic .

6th album? Wee .
Old 05-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

Any thoughts as to the direction they might take the music? If Twenty Years is any indication, then I have to say I'm really looking forward to it. I know a lot of people didn't like the veering toward electronica and tunes circa SWG, but it was very to my taste. I'd be very happy if the next album will be pretty and glittery like Twenty Years.

Old 05-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mexican magazine scan

Sasha
Old 05-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Oh my god! Where did his hair go?!?!?!

Old 05-29-2005, 04:24 AM
Addicted Fan

I quite liked Return of the Sith! Of course, laughable at times, at quite a few, but the ending was quite exciting. I want to see number 4 again, but I have forgotton the name. I was very close to going and borrowing it from my neighbour tonight but I've got work.

Electronic and slooow stuff is not my style, but eh, I barely listen to Placebo anymore to be honest. I'm pretty over it. I say, a return to the earlier stylings. That's what I liked.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's Revenge of the Sith.

And Episode IV is A New Hope.

Sasha
Closed Thread   Post New Thread