Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Nice meeting you Gwen I'm Barely. I hope you enjoy the albums!
barelylegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok, I found this on Chantal's offical site and I am very excited for it.
"Lebo's River"...a song inspired by Lebo Kgasapane, a 21 year old rape victim who died of AIDS at the young age of 22. Her dying wish was to sing on a CD the world would hear. Leaving only a 60 second audio cassette behind, her wish is coming true. Together Chantal and Raine composed a song that uses Lebo's recording as the chorus, the song can be heard on the upcoming Warchild Canada benefit album entitled, Help: A Day in the Life.

Has anyone heard anything about the warchild album? I bet the song is wonderful, Raine and Chantal did Lebo's story justice and made her dream come true no doubt.

PS Chantal's site http://chantalonline.com
I am proud to be a spoiler-whore!
digforfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I think this news is also on olp.cc. I have no idea when the album is being released but I'll get it for sure. I can't wait to hear the song.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Gwen Its great that you've started listening to OLP. All their CD's are different and stand on their own, so you may like some and others not so much, depending on your taste of music. That's what is great about OLP- they don't just have the exact same sound again and again on every CD like so many other bands/artists. They take risks and grow as artists. I like them all, and every now and then will switch to another of their CD's. I'm currently back listening to their first one again- Naveed.

Cristin- thanks for that news!! What a wonderful thing for them to do.

Barely- I keep forgetting to ask you- now that you're in Australia, have you found their CD's to buy?

Raine and Chantal are going to be at this years OneXOne benefit again (the news is at Our Lady Peace by Rich and Shelley ( ourladypeace.cc )). On the OneXOne site, you can download a video of Chantal singing live with clips of celebrities (including Raine), all from last years benefit. You can watch it HERE
Old 08-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Happy Birthday Barely (August 19) I hope you had a wonderful day today

The Lebo's River video (of the song Raine and Chantal did that Cristin mentioned above) has been officially put up on myspace to download HERE by warchild canada.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Kelly you remembered! HUUUUGE I had a lovely day. Regarding OLP, I went to a music store that had OLP, but only one Gravity album. I won't give up though.

Oooh I'll download that warchild song. I hope I can get the CD as well.

ETA: Look what I accidentaly discovered:

Song: Hanging On
Artist: Cheyenne Kimball
Album: The Day Has Come
Composer: Kimball / Maida / Kreviazuk
Label: Sony
Year: 2006

The song is not that bad for being pop. It reminds me of Michelle Branche.

Last edited by barelylegal; 08-22-2006 at 10:29 AM
Old 08-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad you had a nice birthday, you deserve it

Quote:
Originally Posted by barelylegal (View Post)
ETA: Look what I accidentaly discovered:

Song: Hanging On
Artist: Cheyenne Kimball
Album: The Day Has Come
Composer: Kimball / Maida / Kreviazuk
She has a reality TV show and Raine and Chantal were on it when Cheyenne went to their home to record that song (it was nice to see their home recording studio). I agree that its not bad for a pop song. I wish Raine would write/produce more rock for other artists though, but I guess these types of songs allow him to work with Chantal.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Happy belated b-day, barely!

Hmm..Raine was bordering on rapping on that song. I thought the best part was the beginning when Lebo herself was singing...I mean, Chantal sounded good but you could just "feel" the song when Lebo was singing. It was haunting and sad yet hopeful.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_mvpics (View Post)
I'm glad you had a nice birthday, you deserve it

She has a reality TV show and Raine and Chantal were on it when Cheyenne went to their home to record that song (it was nice to see their home recording studio). I agree that its not bad for a pop song. I wish Raine would write/produce more rock for other artists though, but I guess these types of songs allow him to work with Chantal.
They have a home recording studio? Cheyenne has a reality tv show? Whoa....

ITA with Raine producing pop artists so he can work with Chantal. It's good to know though that Raine has the capability to adapt in every sense musically. He's not set to just one genre. This is pretty nifty IMO!

Thanks Maple!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Uh hah That's where they recorded Chantal's album. It's not bad for a pop song at all. She (Cheyenne) writes a lot of her stuff if not most from my understanding which is so impressive for a sixteen year old. I like that Raine can produce other artist that don't sound like OLP, it shows is talent that he can guide without pushing his own taste on to the work. I agree, Kelly it would be great to hear him produce other rock acts. Does anyone come to mind? I think U2 would be very interesting.

Barely I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks Cristin!

Hmmm I'm thinking of Raine producing more newer emerging rock artists...
Old 08-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Loyal Fan

So I know it's not OLP related directly but Chantal's album is out today and I tried to order it off iTunes with no luck. It appears to be only avalible via iTunes Canada and being a US resident it would let me purchase the album. Maybe I'll have better luck later today.

More OLP related, Raine has a myspace. www.myspace.com/rainemaida

Edit: Chantal's album doesn't come out until next tuesday, sept 5th but I still haven't seen anything about an Us release. It's not even on amazon.com but it is on amazon.ca

Last edited by digforfire; 08-29-2006 at 01:26 PM
Old 09-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Double post, I know I know but....

Raine posted this in his myspace blog
Quote:
hello everyone, for the last twelve years i have been racing across this planet, recording and playing music in Our lady Peace. This journey has recently landed me in a very interesting place. Although it has been bubbling within my sub-conscience for awhile, timing has now made possible for a personal creative expression quite different from OLP. Over the next 6 weeks i will be recording poems,songs and experimental pieces. These will hopefully come together to make up,if nothing else,an interesting interpretation of my innermost thoughts. I will be posting some of these pieces as "works in progress" shortly, along with photo's of the sessions and podcast's. this is an experiment that i am very excited about and look foward to sharing with you both in the digital domain and in a live human setting.
sincerely,
Raine Maida
www.myspace.com/rainemaida
Old 09-04-2006, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

Cristin- thanks so much for letting us know about his myspace! I can't wait to see what he creates

To all: I was googling and found THIS VIDEO interview by Raine and Steve that I haven't seen before. They talk about 'Heavy' in Paranoid Times. LOL... She clearly didn't really know their music.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Loyal Fan

"Heavy in Paranoid Times"???

Oohh..maybe this is the start of a solo project for Raine! I can't wait to see what he comes up with!