Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Extreme Fan

I've been hearing "The Shock of Lightning" a lot lately. Hopefully it'll continue to get airplay and help their album sales in America. Lyla got a lot of airplay when it was first released but faded quickly.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:17 AM
Total Fan

I can't wait for the album!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Oasis Guitarist Attacked Onstage At Toronto’s Virgin Festival : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily
Old 09-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Addicted Fan

That's not even a surprise, is it? Oh, and the security shouldn't have stopped Liam from punching the freak.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
-Supersonic- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just wanted to say that I got a chance to see Oasis last week in Montreal and the show was fantastic! Liam seemed a tiny little bit out of it ( ) but Noel got the biggest responses for his solos. I think Masterplan, Don't Look Back In Anger and Morning Glory were the highlights.

It truly was a great show! I have a tiny little video of it that I can post if you guys want.
DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
I just wanted to say that I got a chance to see Oasis last week in Montreal and the show was fantastic! Liam seemed a tiny little bit out of it ( ) but Noel got the biggest responses for his solos. I think Masterplan, Don't Look Back In Anger and Morning Glory were the highlights.

It truly was a great show! I have a tiny little video of it that I can post if you guys want.
Your so lucky Andy!

Did they play any of their new material?
Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)

Hey, I was at the Montreal gig too! Wonder if we saw you there? Where were your seats? We were in the second row floor right in front of Gem.

We were also at the Ottawa gig the night before...had front row seats there, and then we hit the Toronto V-Fest on Sunday. I started out about ten rows back when the Stereophonics and Paul Weller were playing. When the boys came on stage there was this masssive surge forward. I get shoved all the way to the second row on Gem's side. I couldn't move a muscle because I was wedged so tight in between people. It was a blast. Never been that close at a festival. Well, it was fun except for the guy beside me who kept trying to jump up and down to the music and kept conking me in the head with his elbow...I'm a pretty petite gal. I'm only about 5'2, and he was at least 6' tall. And the attack on the boys was no fun either. I've heard rumors that Paul Weller was going to come out and play with the boys on Champagne Supernova...that idiot ruined that for us *grumble* I'm actually surprised the boys came back out at all after the attack. It wasn't just a small shove. Noel went flying. What type of coward attacks someone from behind anyway. I hope Noel's guitar is okay. It was a pretty sweet piece. Of course, it goes without saying that I'm glad Noel will be okay. I feel bad for all the people who were going to the London, ON gig. It had to be re-scheduled to December. We almost bought tix to that gig also. Glad we didn't now because I wouldn't be able to get back to Canada for it. And the NYC gig was all-out cancelled. What a bummer for those people.

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Cloudburst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Did they play any of their new material?
Yeah they did, but they balanced it out well with the old goodies.

Quote:
Hey, I was at the Montreal gig too! Wonder if we saw you there? Where were your seats? We were in the second row floor right in front of Gem.
Oh we were very far back but it was still awesome. Very well worth it
DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

hi, I'm so glad that this thread exist, huge Oasis fan here what are your feelings about the new album?I love it my pc it's acting weird so I have to go

Cheers
SolveMyMystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Actually, I haven't listened to their new album entirely yet. But I really like the songs I've heard.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
-Supersonic- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

Did you here Aint got nothin'?
there has been a huge debate about it, you love it or you hate it
I love it btw
well it's the same with the whole album tbh

Did you read this?

Why the music world needs Oasis

Turning 48 yesterday, I realised the only Creation band that I still get excited about is Oasis. And who wouldn't? The band contains two world-class songwriters, and two great ones, and their new release Dig Out Your Soul is truly tremendous. It's as if they have re-imagined their discography and made their true follow-up to What's the Story Morning Glory, completing the elusive and perfect rock'n'roll trilogy that began with Definitely Maybe.

The music world needs Oasis at this moment, a band with more personality and more amusing quips than any British band for at least 10 years. Throughout their history Oasis have captured the pop zeitgeist (and my personal zeitgeist) as a band that combine the best elements of the Beatles and Sex Pistols to emerge as this generation's Rolling Stones.

"Better than Morning Glory", has become many a critic's meme when reviewing post-Morning Glory Oasis albums, thrown into reviews in a random fashion as a desperate bid to return the band to the halcyon days of old. You know what? Dig Out Your Soul is the best Oasis album since What's the Story Morning Glory. Easy.

The whole article here

Last edited by SolveMyMystery; 10-23-2008 at 12:47 AM
Old 10-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

"Why would you want everyone to like you?"

Q&A: Liam Gallagher on Discovering the Beatles and the Death of the Rock Star

The record has a lot of live energy. Were you thinking of how it would translate to the stage?
I wasn't personally 'cause they're the musicians. I always sing it like it's ****ing the last song I ever sing. But I think Noel definitely wanted to be a bit more heavy and not so acoustic.

I've always believed if everybody likes you, you're doing something wrong.
Well yeah, why would you want everyone to like you? That was the beauty of things growing up; not everyone was into the same music as you and that's what stood you apart from everyone. You go into school and you go, "I'm different from you, man." "Why?" " 'Cause I like the ****ing Stone Roses. Who do you ****ing like? You like Madonna." If everyone's all into the same thing that's when you lose your identity. And it's like the clothes you wear, that's what I find today in England, all the people that are in bands are wearing the same ****ing clothes — wearing skinny jeans, wearing these pointy ****ing shoes, a little tie, a little waistcoat, a little tight T-shirt and it's like, "****ing A, do you all live in the same ****ing house? Do you all shop at the same ****ing shop?" Everyone in bands, they're all wearing the same ****ing clothes, they all must shop at the same ****ing shop. It's like, "**** that."

I was reading an interview where the guy asked you what you'd be doing if you weren't a musician ?
I'd buy a ticket for Oasis.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Liam is a classic interviewee...quite a character

Old 11-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

yeah did you read the latest Q magazine interview?

here the video of the new single "I'm outta time"

Old 11-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Me likes the video, and here's hoping the boys add more US dates to the tour. I hate it when they skip middle America. All they've really got so far is Chicago. On the last tour, they hit several places in between the coasts like Atlanta, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Nashville, ect. I saw them at all those plus the Chicago gig. Now, they're only doing Chicago and not the others. Hopefully, they add them in later like they did the last tour. They came back and did a second leg of the tour which is where I saw them at Indy, Cincy, and Nashville. Hope they do the same again. All those places are relatively close to me. I really can't believe they haven't scheduled Indy yet. I don't think they've missed performing at the Murat Theater since like 2000 or so. They were scheduled to perform there for Heathen Chemistry tour but it was cancelled when that dang cab driver ran a red light. So they ALWAYS hit Indy. I hope they stay true to form. I already have three gigs this tour under my belt and hoping to add more. Sadly, I can't do Chicago this year because I can't get off work. My fellow chemist is already off that day *sigh* Maybe I can do Detroit though *crosses fingers*

Reply   Post New Thread