Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm afraid I can't choose a top five, but Stand By Me is definitely near the top.
icon by makry
pebbles826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles826 (View Post)
I'm afraid I can't choose a top five, but Stand By Me is definitely near the top.
Another great song! One of their best videos too Has the band actually made any bad songs? I think they ae the only band where I like all their music...even b-sides. Most band have at least a few songs I don't like.

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Cloudburst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

I'm really loving Stand ByMe now
Old 06-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Anyone else going to any of the Canadian gigs or any of three shows they just announced for Mexico?

Also, I have started a campaign thread on the Requests Board to try and get Oasis their own board. The link to the thread is in my signature. And if you're feeling the Oasis love, vote for them to have their own board. They are on the list this month.

Last edited by Cloudburst2000; 06-21-2008 at 10:19 AM
Old 06-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, they are on the polls! And I'll be voting for them! I'll also stop by their Campaign thread.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
-Supersonic- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Addicted Fan

The names and release dates of the first single and the album have been confirmed. The first single which is set to be released on September 29th is titled The Shock Of The Lightning. The album is named Dig Out Your Soul has a release date of Ocotber 6th.

And guys, go post on the campaign thread which is located on the Requests Board. Oasis is ineligble to be nominated again until October. If we do enough campaigning on that thread, we might just build up some support between now and then...especially with a new album and tour on the way.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Thank you for the info! I hope I enjoy this album more than I enjoyed 'Don't Believe The Truth'!

I'll try to show up in the Campaign thread always I can.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ðavid (View Post)
Thank you for the info! I hope I enjoy this album more than I enjoyed 'Don't Believe The Truth'!

I'll try to show up in the Campaign thread always I can.
Did you not like Don't Believe the Truth...or were you just being 'cute? I personally thought it was their best album since (What's the Story) Morning Glory. DBTT had some awesome songs on it...particularly The Importance of Being Idle. It's in my top three favorite Oasis songs.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Actually I kind of like 'Don't Believe The Truth'. Though it's one of their albums I like the least. But, to be honest, I have only listened to it a few times, so I can't really say much about it.
But, yeah, 'The Importance of Being Idle' is indeed a great song.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Don't Believe the Truth is my fourth favorite Oasis album after Definitely Maybe, (What's the Story) Morning Glory, snd The Masterplan. My least favorite album is probably Standing on the Shoulder of Giants.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I agree with you on that. Standing on the Shoulder of Giants is my least favourite too. And Don't Believe That Truth is probably my second least favourite.

What about Heathen Chemistry? Don't you like it?
Old 07-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, I like all their albums. I just like some more than others:

1) Definitely Maybe
2) (What's the Story) Morning Glory
3) The Masterplan
4) Don't Believe the Truth
5) Heathen Chemistry
6) Be Here Now
7) Standing on the Shoulder of Giants

Old 07-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I thought Don't believe the truth was by far their best album since (Whats The Story) Morning Glory. I don't think Be here now is as bad as the critics say it is but it isn't great and the next two imo basically suck. I loved the Masterplan though.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, I didn't think SOTSOG or HC sucked. They weren't their best efforts, but they were still good albums, IMHO. Still much better than what the majority of artists are putting out. And I agree that BHN got a bad rap. Critics actually liked it at first and then only started dogging it when the it wasn't as popular as the previous albums. Peer pressure among the critics. I think the main problem with BHN is that they take FOREVER to end any of the songs. That album would be SO much better if they had shortened the songs. They just go on and on and on.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Just letting you guys know that NME is asking what is Oasis's greatest song ever! To cast your votes, click here. Some of my favourite songs are currently the top rated: Champagne Supernova and Live Forever.
Reply   Post New Thread