Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Passionate Fan

My Chemical Romance #1

Anyone?

Yeah, new obsession for me. But, these guys are good!

Just seeing if anyone shared some views?

Last edited by Butterflyz; 12-09-2004 at 11:59 PM
Old 09-30-2004, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Oh yeah. MCR are rad.

I love how quite a few of their songs are quite...vampiric.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I adore my chemical romance!they're brilliant!!
though I haven't heard much, but the things I've heard is great..^_^.
Avie: Isis2015
Old 10-30-2004, 01:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

eek! I've been obsessed with MCR since early summer. They're great in concert! Very full of energy, and I'm going to be a vampire this Halloween because of them lol
Old 10-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know many songs from them but from the ones I do know, they rock!

...also they're from Jersey like me, so that's another plus
Old 11-16-2004, 04:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Bringing the thread back to life...

The first MCR song I liked and heard was Drowning Lessons, two years ago. I knew I loved them... the song was so freakin' good. And the fact that Geoff Rickly from Thursday produced their first album made me love them even more, since Geoff's amazing.

The new CD is super good too; I can't stop listening to Ghost of You and Cemetery Drive.

Stewie: They're getting nude! I mustn't watch, it's not the proper thing to... Wow! I say, nice ones, Janine! And look at Lisa in all of her curvaceous glory! Heavens, it appears that my weewee has been stricken with rigor mortis!
Old 11-16-2004, 07:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh, yay, I love them too. They are very good. Hmm, the voice of the singer is *arrgh* I cannot find a word for his voice. The voice is just incredible (I 've never used the word voice so often like in this post )
Old 11-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Passionate Fan

I got two CD's last week from Amazon, I luuuurrve TCFSR, it's grown on me so much, I don't like IBYMB,YBMYL as much, but there are some good songs on there.

I'm obsessed with Cemetery Drive and You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison. Feck me, that's a long song title.

~Adema~ I read a review that said his voice was an aquired taste but I don't think those are quite the words your looking for. Voice.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterflyz
I'm obsessed with Cemetery Drive and You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison. Feck me, that's a long song title.
I love WTDTGLUIP. My Chemical Romance has a thing for long titles, I think. (Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For the Two Of Us and countless others in the new CD.)

I love Gerard's voice too. What can I say, he's amazing!!
Stewie: They're getting nude! I mustn't watch, it's not the proper thing to... Wow! I say, nice ones, Janine! And look at Lisa in all of her curvaceous glory! Heavens, it appears that my weewee has been stricken with rigor mortis!
Old 11-17-2004, 12:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, Gerard's voice is cool. I like how it's different from most bands you hear. :goes off to download some of their songs:
Old 11-17-2004, 01:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Gerard? So that's how you spell it? I didn't want to put it down in case of spelling it wrong, I think it's cute how his brothers in the band, cute in a good way, not ew Hanson kind of thing.

General Question: Do these guys have airplay, or cds out where you live? I'm just trying to get a grasp of their exposure.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

Like most people said, I've only heard a few of their songs. But they're great. And their lyrics are wonderful. My friend actually used some in a piece of magnificant artwork she did the other day. It added to the whole ambiance of the piece. And while her artwork is great without anything added, the lyrics just made it so much more significant.

icon credit: spikesbint on LJ
Old 11-17-2004, 02:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
General Question: Do these guys have airplay, or cds out where you live? I'm just trying to get a grasp of their exposure.
They're not that big here at all. We have rock stations here in Vancouver but they don't play their songs on air. A few people from school know them and just last month I was in math class, sitting there when someone behind me said "Have you heard of My Chemical Romance? They're really good!"

I THINK they played here during Warped, but I wouldn't know, I didn't go. We also have their CDs here, but I bought mine when I went downtown; at Virgin Megastore.

Quote:
I think it's cute how his brothers in the band, cute in a good way, not ew Hanson kind of thing.
Mikey and Gerard! Teeny-bopperness aside, they're awesome. Has anyone been to an MCR concert? I've never been
Old 11-17-2004, 03:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by camera obscura
I was in math class, sitting there when someone behind me said "Have you heard of My Chemical Romance? They're really good!"
Okay, here in NZ that person asking would be me and I know for an almost concrete fact the majority have never heard of them. I only found out through this tour article thingy in Metal Hammer.

Vancouver. That's in America, right? Pardon my ignorance.

And 'bopperness has a time and place. Never forget that.

Starless Night 20: Just hearing that makes me want to go be creative.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

I have no clue if MCR get airply here in Australia as I rarely, if ever, listen to any radio station anymore. I do know quite a few people who like them, though.