Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Ah I love 'Storm' too, it's an incredible song. The first time I heard it I hated it though. No idea why.

Thanks you guys for replying to this thread!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. There's some amazing posts here.

My story is a mushy one. My husband and I had been married for not even a year yet. One weekend morning, we were listening to some old LP's...one of them was by John Denver. Listening to the song, "Lady," and being held in his arms, quietly enjoying the moment, was pure bliss...tears of joy.

icon: Spike it up
happy mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy mom (View Post)
Wow. There's some amazing posts here.

My story is a mushy one. My husband and I had been married for not even a year yet. One weekend morning, we were listening to some old LP's...one of them was by John Denver. Listening to the song, "Lady," and being held in his arms, quietly enjoying the moment, was pure bliss...tears of joy.
wow! that's really sweet!
You've got all that I need
icon: prettygirl23
chiaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

Aww, Szilvia, that's sweet!
Old 03-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, this song kind of made me cry, "Simon" by Lifehouse. I just remember one day I was feeling so down and so depressed, and like I was holding everything in all day. And when I got home, I put it on, and like it just made me finally break down and cry. It's a really great comfort song for me.

haha, us Lifers are taking over the thread.
XtremeChiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

That we are see, 'Simon' has these great lyrics about not being alone and all, No Name Face is actually a very good CD to listen to when you're upset or down and in need of a pick-me-up. Apart from the fact that it's 'comfort music' (in that it's music you're familiar with, and it's gorgeous and you'll fall in love with it everytime you hear it), it's not headbangly loud but it's not sleep-inducing - it's the right tempo, with some good lyrics. That's for me anyway.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Passionate Fan

With me, just like the lyrics are so true, that I think everyone can connect with them at one point in their lives. And the part where Jason goes "And I have felt the same, as you." just reminds you that you're not alone. And then it goes on to say ""Don't believe the lies that they have told to you, not one word was true, you're alright, you're alright, you're alright " just reminds you that you're okay.

Another really great song that I think it pretty emotional is "How to SAve a Life" by the Fray. Unfortunately, it's been soo overplayed, that I think it's lost its impact.
XtremeChiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Almost all Something Corporate songs make me feel something, especially off Leaving Through The Window. Partly because of the emotional place I was in a few years ago when I bought the CD, and partly because Andrew McMahon just writes such beautiful, moving lyrics. The Astronaut and Watch the Sky especially, make me feel emotional but also kind of at peace.

And then a random song that makes me cry: Camisado by Panic! at the Disco. I'm not quite sure if it's because I know what the lyrics are about (Ryan Ross' alcoholic father) or because I can relate to a lot of it. Either way, I cry, every time.
always the first star that I find ♥
ThisLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Absolute Fan

every time i hear gerard way sing cancer it gets me to me - puts a tear in my eye every time - especially when he sings it live! he really does sound like his heart is breaking - lyrics are below

Turn away
If you could get me a drink
Of water cause my lips are chapped and faded
Call my Aunt Marie
Help her gather all my things
And bury me
In all my favorite colors,
My sisters and my brothers, still,
I will not kiss you,

Cause the hardest part of this,
Is leaving you.

Now turn away,
Cause I'm awful just to see
Cause all my hair's abandoned all my body,
All my agony,
Know that I will never marry,
Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo,
But counting down the days to go.
It just ain't living

And I just hope you know,
That if you say,
Good-bye today,
I'd ask you to be true,

Is leaving you...

Is leaving you...
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
ImmortallyUsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeChiq (View Post)
Another really great song that I think it pretty emotional is "How to SAve a Life" by the Fray. Unfortunately, it's been soo overplayed, that I think it's lost its impact.
Yeah, I agree. And it has extra resonance because my best friend was saying that it could apply to my sister (not that she would approve of needing 'saving') but, yeah. We think so. And it's difficult, but argh. And the song portrays it pretty perfectly.

The only Something Corporate song I know is 'The Tide', but it's pretty good. thanks for replying, everyone!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Okay - I like the idea of this so I'm going to try and think back for you.

Songs don't make me cry, at all. But I do become affected by it to the point that I do get chills which means the song has moved me to a certain extent - the song for me would have to be "Angel" by Sarah MacLachlan (?).

It was in 2001 and my grandfather, who had lived with my mother and me for six years had passed away. My mother was devastated because he was her only family left, but me? I felt nothing. Nada. And I thought something had to be wrong with me - well, one day before the funeral I was downloading songs on my computer when my mother began playing this song "Angel" continously on her stereo - I didn't really listen to the words because I was annoyed that she had been playing the damn song for the past hour and a half.

I retreated to my mother's room to find her sleep, so I turned down the music and sat in front of the stereo, deciding to listen the lyrics - almost instantly, my body had shivers and my hands were trembling. Sarah's words touched my soul and finally forced me to grieve for my loss - I didn't cry but I finally had come to terms with my grandfather's passing and that is the gift of music to me - to soothe and heal me. And that day, "Angel" was my savior.

Okay, sorry it was so long!
Jason & Robin
Shipperaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

'Angel' is a very emotional song for me. It was my brother's and his girlfriend's song. When she passed away, it was too hard to listen to that song. It still is at times. I can't even imagine what my brother feels.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Shipperholic, wow, I got a shiver reading your story. Am glad you decided to share your story. And thank you

To both you and ForEver_Silenced, . 'Angel' is an incredible song.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Some songs that have made me cry: I'm OK by Christina Aguilera, and Because of You by Kelly Clarkson.. only because I can relate to them and they are beautiful but chilling songs.
gg_all_da_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

My story just involves music all together. This past summer my older brother was climbing an electrical tower when he got hit with 66,000 volts of electricity & fell 70 feet to the ground. About 60% percent of his body got burned, his intestines burst, he broke alot of bones, & lost most of his teeth. He was in acoma for about 3 months. Those 3 months were the hardest months of my life & music was the only thing that got me through it.
soul_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread