Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

LOTR Soundtrack Trilogy Discussion Thread #1: Music Expressing Emotions Beyond Speech

~*~*~THE LORD OF THE RINGS SOUNDTRACK TRILOGY DISCUSSION THREAD~*~*~

1.) The Prophecy
2.) Concerning Hobbits
3.) The Shadow Of The Past
4.) The Treason Of Isengard
5.) The Black Rider
6.) At The Sign Of The Prancing Pony
7.) A Knife In The Dark
8.) Flight To The Ford
9.) Many Meetings
10.) The Council Of Elrond [featuring the song "Aniron (Theme For Aragorn And Arwen)", composed & performed by Enya]
11.) The Ring Goes South
12.) A Journey In The Dark
13.) The Bridge Of Khazad Dum
14.) Lothlorien
15.) The Great River
16.) Amon Hen
17.) The Breaking Of The Fellowship
18.) May It Be (composed & performed by Enya)

1.) Foundations Of Stone
2.) The Taming Of Sméagol
3.) The Riders Of Rohan
4.) The Passage Of The Marshes
5.) The Uruk-hai
6.) The King Of The Golden Hall
7.) The Black Gate Is Closed
8.) Evenstar (featuring Isabel Bayrakdarian)
9.) The White Rider
10.) Treebeard
11.) The Leave Taking
12.) Helm's Deep
13.) The Forbidden Pool
14.) Breath Of Life (featuring Sheila Chandra)
15.) The Hornburg
16.) Forth Eorlingas (featuring Ben Del Maestro)
17.) Isengard Unleashed (featuring Elizabeth Fraser & Ben Del Maestro)
18.) Samwise The Brave
19.) Gollum's Song (performed by Emiliana Torrini)
20.) **Bonus Track**: Farewell To Lórien (featuring Hilary Summers)

1.) A Storm Is Coming
2.) Hope And Memory
3.) Minas Tirith (featuring Ben del Maestro)
4.) The White Tree
5.) The Steward Of Gondor (featuring Billy Boyd)
6.) Minas Morgul
7.) The Ride Of The Rohirrim
8.) Twilight And Shadow (featuring Renée Fleming)
9.) Cirith Ungol
10.) Andúril
11.) Shelob's Lair
12.) Ash And Smoke
13.) The Fields Of The Pelennor
14.) Hope Fails
15.) The Black Gate Opens (featuring Sir James Galway)
16.) The End Of All Things (featuring Renée Fleming)
17.) The Return Of The King (featuring Sir James Galway, Viggo Mortensen, and Renée Fleming)
18.) The Grey Havens (featuring Sir James Galway)
19.) Into The West (performed by Annie Lennox)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~INTRODUCTIONS~*~

Mae govannen, fellow LOTR fans!

My name's Janine -- you can call me Janine if you like . I started this thread because I didn't really see another one like it, and because I'm Howard Shore's stalker... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] j/k.

No but really -- I'm an enormous fan of Tolkien's books, the movies magnificently directed by Peter Jackson, and of course the score trilogy composed, orchestrated and conducted by Howard Shore. I figured I wasn't the only one (yeah, shocker [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ), and I wanted to open up a venue for discussion on one of my favorite topics: Music (and more importantly, LOTR Music [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]).

SO...I hope many of you post here and have fun, polite, crazed-fanatic conversations about the greatest film and soundtrack trilogy of our time (IMO [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] ).

Also, if any of you have any suggestions about how to make the thread better -- group names or polls or anything at all -- PLEASE feel free to PM me or just post it if you want. A thread can always get better.

~*~DISCUSSION STARTER~*~:

What is your favorite LOTR soloist track?

**Enya, "May It Be" or "Aniron" (FOTR)

**Isabel Bayrakdarian, "Evenstar" (TTT)

**Emiliana Torrini, "Gollum's Song" (TTT)

**Billy Boyd, featured in "The Steward Of Gondor" (ROTK)

**Viggo Mortensen, featured in "The Return Of The King" (ROTK)

**Annie Lennox, "Into The West" (ROTK)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[ 02-20-2004: Message edited .:NiennaValandil:. ]

⦠Janine ⦠|| [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Master Fan

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the music in the LOTR movies! I was really set on buying the soundtrack for the FotR, but alas, soundtracks are generally more expensive than regular albums... [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

I really like the song "May it Be" by Enya. It's so soothing and beautiful! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

I love all the music. It's just absolutely breath-taking. And how each song helps to define each scene in the movie, and how they can intertwine the songs from one scene into another that is completely different, but still have it flow...amazing.

Howard Shore is a genius!

My favorite, besides Enya's "May It Be," is Pippin's Song. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Billy Boyd's voice is just... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

icon credit: spikesbint on LJ
Starless Night 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Absolute Fan

ahh i love all three cds i love pippins voice it was so soothing in the third movie
*sigh* love every single song
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
ImmortallyUsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:21 PM
Total Fan

I absolutly love the last minute of The Bridge Of Khazad Dum on the FOTR soundtrack. That voice gives me shivers.

In ROTK, Pippin's song always moves a little something inside of me but I've got to say that Minas Tirith is probably my favorite track.

The music on all three films is amazing.
Emzmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Absolute Fan

I love Isengard Unleashed on TTT. Especially the part where the ents are starting their march. I also love the music in ROTK where all those big torches are being lit. I don't know where that is in the soundtrack though. Gives me goosebumps. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for the solo song, I'm torn between The Steward of Gondor and Into the West. Billy has a gorgeous voice, but Into the West always makes me feel like crying. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Master Fan

I LOVE the LOTR soundtracks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Howard Shore did an amazing job.

My favorite soloist song is probably Enya - May it Be. But I also love Billy Boyd's one as well. What a voice, I was pleasantly surprised by him.

My favorite track out of all of the soundtracks has got to be "Amon Hen" from Fellowship of the Ring. That is the music that is playing when Boromir gets killed. Oh. My. Stars. I get chills every time I listen to that track. It's incredible!
-Delilah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Total Fan

The soundtracks are amazing; particularly into May It Me and Into The West.

Really wanted to buy the CD's, but was wary of a collector's edition at the time (same reason I haven't purchased the DVD's yet). Lo and behold, I was right; I came across this trilogy music box set on Amazon.

Unfortunately they've sold out, though I had been waiting for it to arrive in Canada. Looks fantastic, though. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Addicted Fan

The soundtracks are amazing. I'm going to see Howard Shore compose the LOTR music in a few weeks time and I can't wait.

There's a LOTR Soundtrack thread here if you want to see other people's thoughts on the wonderful soundtracks!
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
PVCscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:03 AM
Absolute Fan

i read my lord of the rings book while listening to the cd, you can defiently tell where the composers were inspired they must have read the book for this
each song is so breath taking i love it so much
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Old 06-09-2004, 03:28 AM
Master Fan

Lord of the Rings has one of the best soundtracks ever. I haven't listened to the music proper so I can't tell you which is my favourite, but I really liked Billy Boyd's The Steward of Gondor. I can't tell which soloist is the best though, haven't heard (or at least remembered) all of them to make a fair comparison
Old 06-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Elite Fan

Mae govannen, Janine I have all three soundtracks (also an LOTR fan, both of the books and the movies, but not a stalker of Howard Shore unfortunately), and I absolutely adore each one of them. Favorite tracks would be:

1. Concerning Hobbits (FOTR): its so uplifting, this track.

2. The Bridge of Khazad-Dum (FOTR): I just love the crescendoes in this one, the theme that keeps playing on, and the part when Gandalf fell never fails to make me cry.

3. The Breaking of the Fellowship (FOTR)

4. The Riders of Rohan (TTT). Actually, all of the tracks with the Rohan theme in it

5. The Steward of Gondor (ROTK): because I love Billy's voice.

6. The Return of the King (ROTK): because I love Viggo's voice

7. Into the West (ROTK): Annie Lennox and her Galadriel-like voice, quoting from the ROTK DVD features

Oh, favorite soloist track? Would have to be Annie Lennox's Into the West. Closure, you understand.

What? You want me to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder.
I don't know what that means.
supergirlhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Absolute Fan

pippins solo has to be my favourite *sigh*
Old 06-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm glad somebody started a thread for these soundtracks! I absolutely love them! The one thing that captivated me most when i first saw these films was the music! it was sooo beautiful and immediately had to get every soundtrack. They are so peaceful to listen to

Favorite Tracks:
FOTR: Concerning Hobbits, Many Meetings, Council of Elrond, The Ring goes South, Lothlorien, Breaking of the Fellowship and May it be

TTT:The King of the Golden Hall, Evenstar, The White Rider, The Leave Taking, Breath of Life, and Samwise the Brave

ROTK:Hope and Memory, The White Tree, The Steward of Gondor, The Ride of the Rohirrim, Twilight and Shadow, Anduril, The End of all things, Grey Havens and Into the West

My fave soloist track would have to be Enya singing "Aniron", i just love it, its so beautiful. It was perfect for the scene with Aragorn and Arwen
Lindsey Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Among the themes, which one do you think is the best?

(1) The Fellowship theme from FOTR
(2) The Rohan theme from TTT
(3) The Gondor theme from ROTK

What? You want me to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder.
I don't know what that means.
supergirlhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread