Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Passionate Fan

The tickets aren't on sale for you yet?
Old 04-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Extreme Fan

No not yet [img]smilies/no.gif[/img], i live california, usa [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] (sry that just seemed funny) and yeah they dont go on sale until april 24th and the concert isnt even until august 2nd! but i cant wait! [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 07:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sudy:
<STRONG> For a second there, I didn't realize it was you Franzi [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And I agree, I didn't really like the dreads. They did look cool on him but I prefer the semi-shaggy hair. </STRONG>
Yep, it's me [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I just felt the desire to change my name...
semi-shaggy hair - [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] That's the best description I've ever read!

Quote:
<STRONG> And does anyone think that towards the end of the "megalomaniac" video, the people running around resembles the zombies in the movie "Dawn of the Dead"?</STRONG>
I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead. But I agree... the Megalomaniac people don't look too healthy [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
'cause blood in my mouth beats blood on the ground.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Well Ms. Teeny bopper [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] , i'm glad you understood what I meant. And your sig is freakin hilarious!... "medieval dickweed" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I love that line so much, it's one of my faves (next to "Be excellent to eachother" and "They melvined me!") Yeah, I'm a little in love with that movie...

So I figured I keep up the discussion in here be asking Which Incubus video is you favorite? My fave is Megalomniac because not only is it very political and outspoken, it is very intricate, with everything that is going on through out the video. Everytime I watch it, I notice a small little detail that I didn't notice before. It is also just visually stunning. Second would be Drive because of the beautiful drawings by Brandon and Jose. Third would probably be the video for A Certain Shade of Green because it just kicks so much ass! But the version I have on my computer doesn't have any sound [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited freak42gether ]
Old 04-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Franzi:
<STRONG>
semi-shaggy hair - That's the best description I've ever read
</STRONG>
I saw a picture once of the cartoon scooby doo and instead of it being Shaggy's face, it was Brandon's. Then I realized there was a bit of a hair resemblance between these two.

My favorite videos are in no particular order. I liked Drive because that video was just simple and beautiful. I just loved how everything changed from something real to a drawing on a blank surface. Kudos to Jose and Brandon because those drawings were awesome.

Warning is also a favorite video of mine. Like Drive, the video was simple yet it wasn't. I loved the meaning of the video, I loved how it seemed like a mini movie with the caption on the bottom and at the end, I loved the significance of the watch counting down. Overall , I just loved the concept and idea.

As for Megalomaniac, I liked it because it was different. Visually, I think this video is the best i've ever seen. What makes it even better is that the concept goes along perfectly with the song.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:54 PM
Extreme Fan

drive and warning were also sum of my fav. vids but megalomaniac just sorta freaked me out, like eating records? drinking oil? and i didnt like it becuz i support george bush, and thinking about videos made me think of the concert vid of Nice To Know You becuz that was concert that they performed in my town [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], but yeah thats just my opinion
Old 04-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Speaking of videos, my brother was recording a show for me on Vh1 last night, and he didn't shut of the tape, so it recorded like 5 hours of videos. I was watching the tape today, and while I was rewinding it, I came across the Drive video! I was very happy to see that video, since I haven't seen it on an music video channel since like 2000...it was really awesome! That video really is amazing!
Old 04-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Extreme Fan

that reminded me i taped Loaded: incubus on FUSE a while baq, oh thanx you 4 reminding me [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] all right, now i get to go see all those incubus videos
[img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

yeah, i was watchin Vh1 last night, well actually this morning when they showed Drive. It was around 4am. I know, really late right?

well, as for favorite videos, my all-time fav would probably have to be Pardon Me. I just love how they have "older Brandon" (which looks a lot like Chuck if you know who he is) and "Young Brandon" walk towards each other and then just pass through each other. and i loved how they had the flat screen tvs (which was well before their time if you think about it) and they would show each member of the band surrounded by corporate businessmen(women) who just seemed to want to screw them up. oh, and how the band just seemed to come out of Brandon. I thought it was an awesome video.
I also love Stellar. How they were in space and they were like aliens who were looking over us, trying to learn about us. and when the kids broke Jo English and Brandon and the rest of the band put her back together again. that was pretty cool.
Megalomaniac has got to be one of my favorites too because of the political outspoken-ness it has. it just fit the song so well (even though i think brandon said it really wasn't intended to be about bush or politics- the song that is). but to me it just shows what living under bush has seemed like for americans. yes, i know we aren't eating motor oil, but it is somewhat of an analogy to what some americans feel.
Warning is just really awesome. Like someone said (sorry i can't remember who)it is like a mini-movie. It's kinda apocolypic and it shows that you should live your life to the fullest because you never know when your life or the world is going to end.
I really like the original version of Wish You Were Here and it angered me when they edited because it came out right after 9/11. There's really nothing bad about it but I can see how people might misinterpert it considering the band does jump off a bridge to get away from fans. But it is good because mermaids come and rescue them. I think it love it so much because of the mermaids. When i was younger, i was obsessed with The Little Mermaid and i kinda still am, and it just reminds me of that.
A Certain Shade of Green was a change for me when i saw it. i first saw it after i saw the videos from the Make Yourself album and i just love how they have naked people running around and the guy in the space suit, priceless.

yeah, i could go on about all the videos, but i guess i won't. my post would be really too long, well, much longer than what it already is [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] .

Ashley
Old 04-14-2004, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I had chosen my top three, but I don't know now...thay make some very consistantly amazing videos!

Btw, I was in Computers class today, and this kid was trying to sell his Scream 3 soundtrack. I got really excited, and said that it had Crowded Elevator, which I love. So this other kid said he would listen to it, and when he put it on, he was like, "Dude, this sucks!". The kid that said that has some really *****ty tastes in music too, so I was a little annoyed by him saying that...but everyone has a right to their own opinion...
Old 04-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, I don't think I have a favorite video but I guess there are some preferences [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].

The first Incubus video I've ever seen on TV is Warning. I love the mood of the song and the idea behind the video. When the girl screams for the first time, I was kind of shocked. This scene is sooooo expressive!

Secondly I love the Drive video. The changes between picture and reality are simply beautiful.

Megalomaniac is another great video! Somebody said that she always notices new details she hasn't seen before and this holds for mee, too! Megalomaniac offers so many symbols... it's impossible to notice them by watching the vid only once or twice!

Pardon Me, A Certain Shade of Green, Stellar.... woah, there are too many good videos [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Um, okay... after having written that, I realize that Warning and Megalomaniac must be my fave vidoes [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I know, I'm crazy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
'cause blood in my mouth beats blood on the ground.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Passionate Fan

and she called out a warning
don't ever let life pass you by...

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The song is stuck in my head now.

I was disappointed that I missed their greatest hits on MTV2 last week. I really wanted to see all their videos again to refresh my memory but the stupid cable channel was messed up.

And when freak42gether mentioned that the guy called "crowded elavator" crappy music, my opinion is, you either like incubus right away or you learn to like them. No one can resist, their music is great and it grows on you after awhile. Recently my sister is starting to like them after she clearly told me she thought incubus was crap. But then even with multiple hearing sessions, they'll still be some people out there who won't like the music.

And what a coincidence, "I wish you were here" is playing on the radio right now. Crap, now I have the chorus in my head instead of Warning.

[ 04-14-2004: Message edited Sudy ]
Old 04-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Posted by Sudy
Quote:
and she called out a warning don't ever let life pass you by...The song is stuck in my head now.
tell me about it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img], but those r sum of the best lyrics i've heard [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

[ 04-14-2004: Message edited *Little Miss Lovely* ]
Old 04-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Great lyrics yes. Wow!

Sofa
you're like the cold December snow in the warm July sun
icon by querita @ livejoural
Old 04-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Since we're talking about lyrics, what are some of the lyrics that you like best?

The credits traverse, signifying the end, but I missed the best part... could we please go back to start?

This part from "7 am" is one of my favorites.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread