Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 07:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Little Miss Lovely*:
<STRONG>

hey i was just lookin @ the pic on the first page and i was looking @ brandon's tattoo, what is it?? i've never wondered that b4.... [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I'm not sure if i'm correct, all I know is there is a large red Koi and Tibetan Buddhist mantra on his outer right arm and some other ones on his inner right arm. I think the tattoos on the inner right arm are just designs.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Brandond has two red designs on his outer arm in that picture. The top one is this one:

Quote:
It's a tibetan mantra "Om mani padme hum" which means 'hail to the jewel in the lotus'. One of it's teachings is that when the mind and heart become united, anything is possible.
The second one is this one:

Quote:
Both Brandon and Jose have a tattoos of a kio fish with an eye in the middle. It's a design by Jose (see the fish below) in buddahism Koi fish symbolises the all living beings in a state of fearlessness, without danger of drowning in the ocean of sufferings, just as fish swim freely without fear through water.
Here are two different pictures that show his tattoos. You can see that both of them are oriented around buddhism because most of the member of the band are into that.

If you look in the first picture of the tattoo, the first symbol represents the "OM" or "A-U-M" symbol. It is a spiritual symbol that is believed to mean unity of heart and mind and spiritual peace. People usually use the second as a way to pronounce OM during meditation. It looks a little something like this:

you're like the cold December snow in the warm July sun
icon by querita @ livejoural
Old 04-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanx Silver Dawn [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] (sorry dont know names yet [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]) i just wish i could see the pics, maybe if u gave the site i could see em. No big deal..thanx again!
Old 04-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Extreme Fan

I hope everyone has survived the Easter days [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]
Wow, you guys did post a lot!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sudy:
<STRONG>So what are your opinions of the latest album?</STRONG>
I really love the latest Incubus album! When I heard it for the first time, I thought, it's okay... quite nice to listen to. But then I relistened it again and again and finally, I was totally into ACLOTM (and I still am [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]).

Quote:
Originally posted by Fieryangel:
<STRONG>you know, i think we have gone over this before, but when is everyones' birthday? and how old will you be when your birthday gets here? I'll go first : August 4 -19.</STRONG>
My birthday is November 1st and I'm turning 19 [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sofa: I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the pix!! Can't wait to see the new video.

Quote:
Originally posted by freak42gether:
<STRONG>I loved Brandon's Dreads. Dreads are like the coolest hairstyle ever</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And I'm so happy that he doesn't have dreads anymore. Didn't like them at all [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

See you guys later,
Franzi

[ 04-12-2004: Message edited JoeyJen ]
'cause blood in my mouth beats blood on the ground.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sudy:
<STRONG>So what are your opinions of the latest album?</STRONG>
You know, I was gonna reply to this question a while ago...I guess I never got around to it and I just totally forgot...don't hate me! I think it might be all the Bill and Ted I've been watching, lol, I love those movies...(random thought)

I really love A Crow Left Of The Murder..., but it isn't my favorite of theirs. It has great songs that could definitely stand well on their own, but I don't think that they mesh well together, if that makes any sense...Also I think S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is just the greatest album ever, and although I don't want them to make a carbon copy of that album, nothing has topped it yet for me, so until something does, that'll be the best album ever, and this one wasn't the one that did that for me. But just don't get me wrong, I do really love the album! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-12-2004: Message edited freak42gether ]
Old 04-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Little Miss Lovely*:
<STRONG>Thanx Silver Dawn [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] (sorry dont know names yet [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]) i just wish i could see the pics, maybe if u gave the site i could see em. No big deal..thanx again!</STRONG>
If you right click on the photo, just go to properties and copy and paste the url to that bar thingy where you type in the links. I'm pretty sure the pic will show up, it worked for me.

For a second there, I didn't realize it was you Franzi [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And I agree, I didn't really like the dreads. They did look cool on him but I prefer the semi-shaggy hair.

Kristy-Bill and Ted movies... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
I already like the new album but i'm working my way up to the point where i'll love it.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanx Sudy [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/group_hug.gif[/img] &lt; [img]smilies/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

I love Bill and Ted, and Keanu Reeves, like WOAH.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I am now really obsessed with Keanu Reeves...he is like 25 years older than me though. I am totally in love with Bill and Ted too. I can't get enough of him! My friends and I had a Keanu Reeves movie night where we watched a bunch of his movies...it was freaking awesome. Ugh, he is too freaking hot!
Old 04-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Extreme Fan

*cough* !OBSESSION! *cough* [img]smilies/crazy.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I was hooked when I saw him in Speed. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

I can't wait until the video for "talk show on mute" comes out. From the pictures Sofa linked, the vid will give me a chance to ogle all the band members in a nice 60's atmosphere. Just imagining it makes me drool. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

And does anyone think that towards the end of the "megalomaniac" video, the people running around resembles the zombies in the movie "Dawn of the Dead"?
Old 04-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I totally love Keanu in Speed, also. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] he is so hot in that movie [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] (swoon, squeal, scream...yes, I'm a total teeny bopper... [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img], well not really but, whatever, lol, but I am a giant dork...)

I also can't wait until the Talk Shows On Mute video is out. It looks like a great video, very mod, an awesome idea, amazing set and beautiful song...oh, I'm so glad that they decided to release this song!

I haven't actually seen Dawn Of the Dead, but I think know what you mean, they are very zombie-ish. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] fightening! lol, not really...
Old 04-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Well Ms. Teeny bopper [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] , i'm glad you understood what I meant. And your sig is freakin hilarious!... "medieval dickweed" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] im also excited for the new vid. i hope it's better than meg. cuz that vid. was a bit....odd....

but anyways im so freakin excited to get those incubus tickets! 12 days!