Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

HIM Appreciation

Because I searched and found very little about this band on FF, and wanted to see if anyone else loved them as much as I did. So if you're a fan of HIM, please come out of the shadows and join me!
Old 10-27-2004, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

I am a fan . I thought I was the only person on FF who has heard of Him.

Here are my top 10 favorite Him songs in no particular order

Sweet Pandimonium
For You
Rebel Yell (I like it better than the original version)
Begining of the End
Diabolical Rapture
Beautiful
Beyond Redeption
Heartache every Moment
Don't let it Go
I have crossed oceans of vine to find you
da #299
Old 10-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey Jen! Nice to know I'm not alone.

*looks at her list*

Nice. I like "Rebel Yell" myself. But I am undecided on "I Have Crossed Oceans Of Wine To Find You." I mean, it's intriquing to my ears but I just don't feel it.

Anywayz, here's my list (in no particular order as well):

Wicked Game (the live version gives me chills, especially the way Ville sings at the very end )
Join Me
Buried Alive By Love
Right Here In My Arms
Gone With The Sin (the orchestra version is just beautiful)
Pretending
Don't Close Your Heart
Soul On Fire
Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart
And Love Said No

(OK, that was kinda hard because I had to leave a couple other ones I liked But not as much as the above ones)
Old 10-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Wow we have different favorite songs. Deciding my top 10 was hard for me too. I have met people who love Him and own thier CD's. I know there #1 in Finland but Finland isn't a big entertainment industry.
da #299
Old 10-29-2004, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Ok, for starters, the picture in the opening post nearly made me choke. (Because it's so cool )

Secondly, I love HIM. Amazing music. Ville has an awesome voice.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:22 AM
Passionate Fan

I like HIM. They are so good. Not to the point of utter devotion but they have very cool songs. Now, how do you pronounce his damn name?
Old 10-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

More people, yay!

Quote:
I know there #1 in Finland but Finland isn't a big entertainment industry.
Well, I wouldn't be too sure about that. Besides HIM, Finland also boasts a couple of my other, favorite bands - Lullacry, Nightwish and The 69 Eyes - as well as other bands like Amorphis, Apocalyptica, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, Sentenced, Sonata Arctica... you get the idea. (I used Metal Storm as a cheat sheet)

a n d i - firstly, welcome. Secondly, I'm glad you like the opening picture. It's one of my favorites. And thirdly, yes, I agree with you. HIM is amazing and Ville has an awesome voice.

Butterflyz - I'm going to be honest with you, I can get into obsessive kicks where I really get into what I love. So I might ramble on or something, sometimes. If it ever gets real bad, let me know. But yeah, welcome!

As for pronouncing his damn name, I always liked the way Bam did in the making of "The Sacrament" video: Wille Walo.

So new people - what are some of your favorite HIM songs?
Old 10-30-2004, 04:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh a HIM thread- I thought i was one of the few too! My cousin got me hooked on them. My favorite song of theirs is probably Heartache Every Moment. My cousin found them through Bam when he told him to check them out. I would have probably never listened to them if he hadnt have told me about them and made me a mix. They are selling pretty good here in the local WC stores too.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi. I remember that there was a HIM thread But that was ages ago...

You could say that I'm a devoted fan for ... let me think ... 5 years? Something like that. Who has seen them live? I'd like to hear some honest opinions. Because I really love them and I love Ville's voice but his live qualities ... well ... the problem might be that he's seldom sober enough to sing

My favourite songs? Mmm... That's really hard.

Join Me In Death
Right Here In My Arms
The Sacrament
Don't Fear The Reaper
Salt In Our Wounds
Buried Alive By Love
Endless Dark
Solitary Man (who knows the original version )
Poison Girl
Wicked Game (although I'm not sure if I like it better than Chris Isaak's. Like them both)
Old 10-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi Nily!

Quote:
You could say that I'm a devoted fan for ... let me think ... 5 years? Something like that.
More compared to me. I think I've been a fan for, what? Like a year and a half now. Maybe a little more.

I've never seen 'em live but I've read about their shows. Some people say they sound even better live, some say they're okay. And yeah, I've heard about Ville not being exactly sober. I'd like see to see a show (or several) someday and experience it myself.

Nice list you got there. I've recently started listening to "Solitary Man" a lot more and it's growing on me. A lot. I think I'm going to make it my theme song at the moment.

On another little note:
Happy Halloween, sweethearts!

Old 10-31-2004, 04:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't say that I didn't like their show. I loved it Ville was very ... let's say frustrated when he spilled his beer And I had a hard time recognizing some songs (it's really hard if you don't hear the singer) but it was great! The band is fantastic! Maybe that's the point to admit that I always liked Migé better than the others Anyway, I'd do it again if I had the chance. It's an awsome feeling standing in the front row; feeling the sound waves from the front and all those people pushing from behind and you're hardly able to breathe I recommend it to anyone

I'd really like to post my favourite pic here but I don't have my computer at the moment and I can't find it in the net Maybe you know it. It's a black/white-pic, at least dark coloured, and it looks as if they beheaded Migé and Ville's having his head under his arm pretty funny.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:14 AM
Passionate Fan

MidnightScar: Don't get me wrong. I mean, hello, HIM! I have been on the utterly obsessed pyschotic merry-go-round several times with these guys. I love them. I just tend to fade in and out sometimes.

I love Wicked Game (a given), Lose You Tonight, Rebel Yell, Your Sweet 666 and Beautiful. But they are all so good. New Zealand doesn't have their CD's, so it's the illegal route at the moment but I'm considered ordering some cds in.

WILLE. Hahahahaha.

That Halloween pic. Is that recent? I don't know. But I really am not a fan of (eeek.) is it Mige?'s dreadlocks. Oh my gosh, so humiliated. But I love Burton. He's great.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hmm. I can't exactly remember where I got that pic. Probably just randomly browsing around. I don't think it's recent.

And the one you're describing Nily doesn't ring a bell. Maybe I'm going crazy

Sorry, guys, been a bit busy and I've been a bit lazy too, but hopefully something gives and I can post a bit more. Not to mention this week's hard for me... *points to her sig*
Old 11-12-2004, 07:18 PM
New Fan

yay! I love him, I didn't know there were so many people for them. It kinda pisses me off though, Since I don't like bands that I like to be popular. What do you guys think of people who only listen to HIM because Bam Margera listens to them?
Old 11-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Loyal Fan

sweet666 - honestly, I have no idea who Bam Margera is But I had a friend who announced her undying love for bands or artists just because some stupid celebrity said he likes them. And really hated that. Because she said she hated HIM. Fine with me. I don't care. Then she said they're not that bad. Okay... Then she said she hates HIM because Ville said something like it's a shame that you can't shoot John Lennon twice. Hey, are that reasons? I found it rather funny

The pic above is rather old. It's from the shoot of the Right Here In My Arms video. So I'd say about 4 years?

Okay, this is the pic I was talking about I just love it For obvious reasons

EDIT:
Okay, I don't see it. But my computer always tells me that something doesn't work when it actually does. But someone told me that Imagestation doesn't allow direct linking anymore so if you can't see it go there directly

Today I saw the new Apocalyptica video Okay, I like them but I was never that interested in them. But well, they collaborated with Ville and Lauri from The Rasmus for that one
Maybe this is old news for you but I didn't know until today.

Oh, by the way, the song (Bittersweet) is great I just love Ville's voice!

Last edited by Nily; 11-15-2004 at 07:45 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread