Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Ooh I watched OTH for Gavin last night and his performance made me happy. I wish it would have been longer but at least he's getting some more exposure which rocks. And he looked so adorable when Peyton ran into him... Aww, Gavin seems like such a sweetie. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I also had a big freak-out moment while watching because I went to Wilmington (where OTH is filmed) over the weekend and looked into Karen's Cafe and saw the set where he was performing at! I was watching it and I was just like "OMG! I was standing not two feet from there just yesterday!" It's fate, Gavin and I are meant to be. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-21-2004: Message edited mnmstarr ]
mnmstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone, I am new to the thread and I am a huge Gavin fan since his album first came out. His CD never leaves my stereo!

I thought his acting job on last night's OTH was great, he did an excellent job and didnt seem out of place at all. I was disappointed too that they didnt let him play live.

I cant wait for the Ellen performance!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ha! That's fun that you saw the set and could have a little moment when seeing Gavin in there.

And welcome golden_dust! Yay for new posters, if not technically new fans. Glad you found us! Just making to to thread 2 would make me happy!!! I'm having the hardest time deciding on a thread topic:

Hypnotic on our Hearts
He excites our every cell
Let's Get it On!
Jing-a-lingin' from here to the ceiling
Our Sexy Machine
He has eyes behind his hat
We wanna Get Lost with Gavin...

Man, I could pull something from every song of his. It's so hard to decide!
this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
NutMeg82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey fellow Gavin fans [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

While posting on the JoA thread, some crazy Nut started going off about some singer named Gavin DeGraw, and I was like, well he must be good if she's so enthusiastic about him. So I clicked on the links she posted, and WOW, I was blown away. So I went and bought the CD and consider me in love with Gavin. So Meg and Melissa Thanks so much for introducing me to him!

URGH!!! I think I lost my Gavin CD!!!! I was gonna pop it into my CD player, when I opened the case, it was empty! So now I'm trying to retrace my steps to see where I may have left it or something, but now I'm just totally bummed out [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Oh and, lookie, amazon is offering a live version of Chariot for download. Check it out, it's pretty good! Click!
Old 01-25-2004, 04:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Heh. Don't know who the crazy Nut would be... but hey, I know the other one. Gavin is pretty fabulous, isn't he? I can never tire of his voice.
*Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

CaptainBackfire- thanks for the link to amazon, I didnt know that was there, I am gonna dl it when I get DSL. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can anyone post a list of songs that arent on the album or live versions so that I can look for them online? Thanks!

I heard on the radio today that Gavin will be playing Philly with BNL in late Feb, I am not sure if I will be able to go cuz of work, but I hope I can get there. I am not much of a BNL fan, just know their stuff from the radio, but I would definitely pay the $ to see Gavin play live!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

CaptainBackfire!!! I'm proud to be the Nutso! It does my heart good to see our praise didn't fall on deaf ears. You'd *have* to be deaf not to love Gavin. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] So did you click on all the links I posted? The videos and such? I love hearing what others think of seeing Gavin perform. It's like nothing else! You've made me so happy!!!

Thank you SO much for that amazon link! I'm ashamed I didn't know about it. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] Aw poor thing, he's still sick in that recording.

I really hope you come back here so you're reminded he'll be on Ellen tomorrow!!!

And yes, he'll be touring with BNL briefly. I hope he's done with that by the time he hits TX again because I want to see him headlining. He's been playing 2 other songs I haven't heard and at the last concert someone said he gave the audience the option of choosing the encore: Dreams, A Change is Gonna Come, and More than Anyone. Morons chose MtA!! When they could have heard either of the first 2 that he rarely sings!!! *shakes head*

And as for his unreleased/cover songs:
Dreams
Dancin' Shoes
Close Up
Lay Me on the Water
Against All Odds
Get Lost
Jealous Guy
Let's Get it On
Hallelujah
Cop Stop

There might be more, but I'm going off the top of my head. You can download a bunch of them here . Just go to the music section, and please right click and save target as. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And look look!!! There's my shirt being sold in the background!!!
click me!
this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
Old 01-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nutmeg- thanks for the link and the list! I cant wait to get DSL now and finally get to hear those songs. Your shirt is awesome, good job!

I want to see Gavin headlining too since I havent seen him live yet [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But hopefully I will get to see him soon.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

did everyone catch Gavin on Ellen this morning? i had to tape it as i was in class, but came home to some good entertainment. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] he looked so cute, and he was supposedly wearing a hat a fan made for him. i love that he appreciates the fans like that. he wore a hoodie someone gave him for like 3 shows. so awesome. and wow, what a performance! he's just so ON with that song, and his new guitarist/vocalist sounded great with him. and it was so funny cuz i recognized a fellow messageboard poster in the audience! gavin fans were represented today!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Matt Nathanson
Old 01-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thread #2!!

Matt Nathanson
Reply   Post New Thread