Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Have you checked out the last EP yet? I feel like I should before diving into these new songs.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

None of them, to be honest.

Like eenie meenie minie moe
- icon - k-pop - Dave

Last edited by Violent Delights; 06-06-2019 at 11:05 PM
Violent Delights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Ooh, is that with her Secret Sari?? I thought that was just a fancy photoshoot How's the song? I've never heard of this band before.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

I just thought I'd post it, I've not listened to it yet.

Okay, now I have. I'd definitely check out more of their stuff.

Damn.

The song/riff that got me into BMTH (I still don't like anything pre-Sempiternal though).
- icon - k-pop - Dave

Last edited by Violent Delights; 06-07-2019 at 11:57 AM
Old 06-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Good damn or bad damn? I came to post the Agonist video! I'll have to wait till I get home to watch. I need to watch my data
Old 06-07-2019, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

You'll see. Could be different for you.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 06-10-2019, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

OOh wow I like these Bring The Horizon song

The Agonist song is awesome her screams & growls are amazing! Plus her amazing clean vocals too! WOW Cool you were goona post it too Nellie!

Thanks for posting Dave!
Old 06-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

it was a good "damn", Nellie.

Nellie actually got me into them years ago, before Alissa left for Arch Enemy

- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 06-11-2019, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

I figured it was a good damn!

I am not into it though I love her clean vocals, but her growls/screams are getting worse for me. I didn't even finish the song. I think I need to be in the right mindset to try again. I meant to check out her cover though. I remembered that Carnifex song, but not that.

Which, btw, was okay! Not sure how I feel about growls on top of growls. Feels a bit moot to me, but the song itself wasn't bad! I loved the video though. Very cool!

Floor posted in her first newsletter that they're about to start working on the Nightwish album I can't wait to see what they'll do this time. I liked EFMB, but it was hit or miss for me. I love me some Nightwish, but sometimes Tuomas gets so far up his ass that he misses the mark. He wasted Floor's talents half the songs there.. like, I enjoyed that I got a new facet of Floor, but to have that same type on half the songs? Snoozefest! She's so versatile Anyway, here's the blurb:

Quote:
Dear reader,
Welcome to this exclusive newsletter, a peek behind the scenes so to speak. Social media is social up to certain level, not everybody is interested in the same subjects. Not everybody is as dedicated as you to know a bit more about me, about who I am and how I think. So I am exited to share this with you!
News. What is that? ☺ There won’t be news as in spectacular and unrevealed information, as news nowadays seems to be about just that. I will surely do my best to update you but this newsletter gives you a deeper insight in, not only what it is I do, but also why I do it and how it feels. It can be about music or about other subjects, we’ll see haha!
NEWS! Yes, what is new is that I am about to receive the music for the new Nightwish album. This demo material will be rehearsed intensively before recording. We did this for ‘Endless Forms’ as well and that turned out to be a winning concept. Tuomas has been working his ass off to write new music and soon the moment comes that this rough diamante leaves the safety of his head and house. We, the Nightwish members, will listen and rehearse at home before uniting for rehearsals in July. The anticipation is huge as you can imagine. I want to sink my teeth into these new songs, I want to be taken on a new journey by listening to the songs, I want to feel my own creativity start to flow as I hear the music and start to colour the notes with my voice. First in my head, then I will start to sing and experiment. Also in the safety of my own head and house. Music is so personal that it is always a huge step to reveal it to others. The closer you are to this other person the more intense that feeling is. Tuomas has a big step to make. And soon it will be my turn.

While I am waiting for all of this excitement I am spending happy days at home. I recorded the TV shows for ‘De Beste Zangers’ and after that there was nothing more for me to do musically. So I ride my horse, take care of the garden, started growing some veggies and flowers and have a wonderful time being a mom to my intense 2 year old. Yes. She is 2. That went fast right?! Freja will be 18 before I know it so I enjoy the days she is little as much as I can. It’s a great luxioury to be able to spend so much time with her.
Gardening, nature and animals are a huge passion and I am sure these subjects will return every now and then. For now, have a great week and thank you for your dedication and passion!
With love and music,
Floor

Last edited by lost lullaby; 06-11-2019 at 08:28 AM
lost lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

I've only listened to both of them once, to be honest.
Quote:
Floor posted in her first newsletter that they're about to start working on the Nightwish album I can't wait to see what they'll do this time. I liked EFMB, but it was hit or miss for me. I love me some Nightwish, but sometimes Tuomas gets so far up his ass that he misses the mark. He wasted Floor's talents half the songs there.. like, I enjoyed that I got a new facet of Floor, but to have that same type on half the songs? Snoozefest!
I can take or leave Nightwish these days, it's been 12 years since Dark Passion Play (that last album I can truly say I enjoyed throughout).
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 06-12-2019, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

In terms of Anette-albums, I loved DPP better. What a breathe of fresh air!! I didn't think I'd take to it, especially since I was relatively "new" to NW at that point (literally got into them shortly after they gave Tarja the boot) and was all about Tarja

I loved the dramatics of Imaginarium. The big epic feel was amazing, but the vocals fell for me. I dunno if they just mixed it weird, but I swear Anette sounded more "dulled" than Marco. (Me, paranoid? ) Also, I could have done without all the talking. I mean, I think that was my biggest mistake was listening to all the talking during Song of Myself. I loved that song live, but if we're honest, that talking bit was cringe-worthy.

EFMB could have been better.

Anyway. Not like I have a lot to say on that matter.

Quote:
Nellie actually got me into them years ago, before Alissa left for Arch Enemy
Missed that but

I do miss Alissa's clean vocals. I was really happy to hear she incorporated some in the last AE album. I'm really looking forward to her solo album, whenever that's supposed to come out!
Old 06-12-2019, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
Also, I could have done without all the talking. I mean, I think that was my biggest mistake was listening to all the talking during Song of Myself. I loved that song live, but if we're honest, that talking bit was cringe-worthy.
Agreed.
Quote:
EFMB could have been better.
I mean, when you come back after so long and lead with Élan...
Quote:
I do miss Alissa's clean vocals. I was really happy to hear she incorporated some in the last AE album. I'm really looking forward to her solo album, whenever that's supposed to come out!
not only clean vocals, but on a ballad! and I have no idea, she just keeps releasing merch.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 06-13-2019, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thay is awesome to hear Dave she did clean vocals on a ballad!

Last edited by quin0611; 06-15-2019 at 08:50 PM
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

You will have seen it in here already.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 06-17-2019, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

Sad news!! I was really looking forward to what Merel could bring to the table. I wonder how much of her we'll see on the album? I know they're doing vocals now.. I'm unsure what else they did. I assume vocals are usually last.

Quote:
Dear Delainers,

Today we are sharing the news with you that Merel has decided to leave Delain and focus on different
musical ambitions. Merel’s performance with us at Graspop will be her last show as a permanent band
member of Delain. We are aware this is very short notice, and this we regret for those of you who wanted to
catch a last show with her as a part of the team. However, this is a friendly departure, and we are respecting
Merel’s wishes in doing so.

We had an amazing ride sharing the stage with this fireball and we are excited to see the results of her new
endeavours.

Merel: "Dear all, I am sorry to inform you that on Graspop I will play my last show with Delain. After almost
five amazing years the time has come for me to focus on my own dreams. Because of my previous band
commitments my attention diverged from my own music and the path I want to follow, and I feel I need to
give myself the time and opportunity to explore my musical ambitions.
This is probably the hardest decision of my life, but in the end it’s important to follow your heart and be
happy. I want to thank my bandmates and crew, I will miss you dearly! Also huge thanks to all the amazing
people I’ve met on the road. And most importantly I want to thank YOU for all those amazing and warm
memories! It’s been a pleasure. (...)"

Although we will miss Merel on the road with us, we realise that our busy schedules require loads of
time and commitment, and we understand and respect her decision to focus on her own path. We will
continue performing live as a five-piece as before, and look forward to finishing the work for our upcoming
studio album, the upcoming festival season, our US tour with Amorphis and Anneke van Giersbergen and
our European Masters Of Destiny Tour. We hope to see you all soon!

Thank you Merel, we wish you nothing but the best!

Also, I listened to the Agonist song again, and in full. I missed the super demonic sounding Vicky at the end there I loved the music of this song, it's definitely a step up. The screams weren't as bad on the second listen through