Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Supreme Fan

I realize this thread hasn't had much activity in a few years, but I am a fan of trance music cuz my best friend's friend produces a lot of awesome trance music and my best friend is the vocalist for one of his songs. If anyone knows who Armin Van Buuren is, they are signed on with his label Armada Records. I'd be happy to post a few links here if anyone would be interested in hearing them.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucherrygirl (View Post)
I realize this thread hasn't had much activity in a few years, but I am a fan of trance music cuz my best friend's friend produces a lot of awesome trance music and my best friend is the vocalist for one of his songs. If anyone knows who Armin Van Buuren is, they are signed on with his label Armada Records. I'd be happy to post a few links here if anyone would be interested in hearing them.
Who doesn't know Armin Van Buuren? He's brilliant! I like Kaskade & David Guetta the most. Of course Deadmau5, Paul Van Dyke, Tiesto & Ministry of Sound are some more I like.

Posting this recent video of Kaskade at Encore Beach Club. Man, I wish I was there but I live a thousand miles away!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

David Guetta new one is great
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Anyone here listen to drum and bass? Andy C is coming to our town again and very excited I've seen him so many times but he's always brilliant.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Loyal Fan

I vote this thread should make a comeback. I love electronic music. Actually as a music tech student I love all music (nearly). Anyway
Kraftwerk is of course great. I also like Frittenbude & MIA (german band)
Also anyone heard of Pogo?
Old 02-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

wow great thread & i love dance music too!

here is a great site for electronic music!

trakout
Old 05-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

I tend to lean towards the 90s stuff but I go from back during the Italo/Hi-NRG dance days to the mid-2000s and in-between. Breakbeats is also a fave of mine.

Here are two songs that I like:

Movietime Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't believe I totally missed this thread after all this time, lol..
This type of music is my favorite.

Movietime, I love that first song you posted.

Lindsay, you listed a lot of great artists.

Does anyone here like any of the drum and bass, ambient, or progressive/house genres?
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

^
Collins, the band Lamb (from England) are considered Drum and Bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnightboy (View Post)
My only knowledge of electronica is Radiohead's Kid A and Thom Yorke's The Eraser/Spitting Feathers work, but I do like those. Are those considered electronica? Yes, right?
- Yes they are.

I listen to a lot of foreign Trip/Hop (bristol sound), downtempo, ambient type of Electronica.

I dig...

Chinese
Faye Wong <-- Best known to American audiences for the Final Fantasy song Eyes on Me. Which I personally didn't care for. She's Madonna famous in China and is a pop singer but at times straddles the line of alternative/electroncia.
Sa Dingding <-- mixture of Chinese Folk and electronica.
Sandee Chan
Utopia x Yan Wei Ling
SingerSen <-- I like to think of her as Poptronica. She has a more pop oriented sound, but her music tends to be very dynamic and colorful in sound. She has certainly gotten my attention.

Japanese
Kakiage Nahoko <-- mixture of European Classical and Trip/Hop. Tends to sing mostly in Italian. Lots of melodramatic lyrics.
The Eccentric Opera <-- exactly as the band title. They experiment with lots of languages and lots of different genres. The creative force behind this band is Kakiage Nahoko, who is credited for bring neo classical to Japan.
Aco - She's been into so many different Genre's. Started off in Jpop, then Jazz & R'nB, then Trip/Hop, then Poptronica, then Alt Pop/Rock.
Kottur
Ferri - mixture of New Gaze and Ambient Electronica.
Antennasia
Jack or Jive
Yuiko
Yula Yayoi

Other
Azam Ali <-- Very similar style in voice to Lisa Gerrard (of Gladiator & Dead Can Dance fame). She plays the hammered dulcimer and her music is a mixture of Persian Classical, Indian Classical and Electroncia. Also known for the soundtrack of 300.
Niyaz - Azam Ali's band. Sounds much like her music but her music tends to be quieter than Niyaz.
Costanza <-- probably best known as being in Tricky's Vulnerable album. I found her music on CSI. She's released a solo album and an EP and now has her own record label. zer0killed.
dyE
Emilie Simon
WoodKid - French Music Video Director by day, musican/singer by night. His sound is a mixture of Classical Film score and Electronica.
Jay Jay Johanson

England
Bjork
Massive Attack
Portishead <-- my trip/hop God
Goldfrapp <-- excluding Headfirst and Supernature. I like their quieter albums.
Cocteau Twins
Lamb
Imogen Heap
Frou Frou
Rob DouganT
Moloko

American
Atomica Project
Emilie Autumn <-- she has some amazing concerts. They are part play, burlesque circus and part concert. She plays the violin amazingly!

I'm really into the Independent Japanese record label Kilk. They have some wonderful ambient type of electronic artists on there. I'm sure there are more that I dig hard but these are the ones off the top of my head.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Great stuff to dance to...this is my son's original called Need More Bacon
https://soundcloud.com/soobmusic/nee...n-original-mix
Old 09-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like some Krwella songs! I like Tiesto too!
Old 02-23-2015, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Any other Electronic/ EDM fans? Anyone have any good recs?
Old 02-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
I like some Krwella songs! I like Tiesto too!
They're awesome artists!

I could recommend a million things, haha. But I highly recommend YouTube as a place to discover music like this. Proximity, MrSuicideSheep, and Liquicity, are very popular uploaders of great electronic music. Also, podcasts like Trance Around the World (TATW) and Above & Beyond Group Therapy (same podcast, just changed their name). Old TATW episodes are also on YouTube. Some good individual famous trance artists that I really like that are; Super 8 & Tab, Nitrous Oxide, Daniel Kandi, Oceanlab/Above & Beyond, Paul van Dyk, Armin van Buuren, and Kyau & Albert. I hope this helped.

Last edited by Collins; 02-23-2015 at 01:33 PM
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love Above and Beyond, Paul Van Dyk, DJ Pavo, Qusar, and more too! DJ Pavo is more hardstyle though.
a

My fav Above and Beyond song is On My Way To Heaven!
Old 09-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm also loving Vanic!