Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2005, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

Wow. I've never heard Christina sing one of Whitney's songs. Wow! That would go off. Which song did she sing? And I definately agree that Christina is the ONLY singer from the teen pop era that she came out of that could possibly do justice to a Whitney song.

And I definately agree that Christina is in their league. Well and truly. That girl has got a sensational set of pipes. Hee. And I am a fan of both Whitney and especially Mariah - I totally I have a thing for big, powerful voices if you hadn't noticed.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Passionate Fan

hey guys!

Samii, I believe Christina sang Run to You at the VH1 Divas concert a couple years back right? i remember watching it and thinking DAMMN that girl can blow, her pipes are amazing!! i agree with everyone that she will still have a powerful voice to back up her talent when other pop stars have exhausted their image or by what they do to grab temporary attention.

purplestar
Old 05-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, Run To You was the song Christina sang. It was a BET function, in honor of Whitney Houston. She sung the hell out of that song!
Old 05-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jason's Lover, ITA about Christina rendition being incredible.

Samii, it's cool b/c even back in her Mickey Mouse Club days, she used to sing Run To You on the show and then years later. She sings it again in honor of Whitney at the BET tribute show.

If you go here, look under the Audio section and then under the Live section. There'a link to listen to Christina singing it.
Run To You
Old 05-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pictures of Christina Arriving At Studio with Pamela Anderson (04/09/05)

Cute outfit...not sure about the hair though.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very cute outfit. She's beautiful. Uggh, Pam Anderson. I can't stand her.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

Eek. I agree, not liking the hair a whole lot, but its the make-up that I really dislike. There is far too much of it. She's so pretty, she totally does not need to wear that much.

And I totally love that she sung 'Run to You', I have been listening to that song continuously all week. Hee. Now I get to here Christina's version. I'm downloading it now, I can't wait to hear it.

Edit: Man, just listened to it. She's so good. I'll admit to being a little nervous about hearing it, slightly, because you know, it's Whitney's, but damn. She was friggen' fantastic. She did that song justice and then some. Hee. I'm running the Christina version and the Whitney version back to back, repeatedly. She sounds so awesome.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.

Last edited by Samii; 05-29-2005 at 12:48 AM Reason: Listened to the performance.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Addicted Fan

why was the board shut down?
Old 05-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Listening to the Christina version right now

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 05-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg_all_da_way
why was the board shut down?
Because it was slow.
I love your icon! Carrie is
Old 05-30-2005, 08:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Leaving Spider Club with Jordan
May 28, 2005

Old 05-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

I like the outfit. But maybe she has too much make up on her eyes. I like her lipstick, which is weird. She usually goes to the lipstick colors that I dislike.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Passionate Fan

I like the lipstick too but the heavy eye make-up isn't working for me either.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

maita, thanks for the pics. She looks great...love the outfit and even the hair this time.

Quote:
Edit: Man, just listened to it. She's so good. I'll admit to being a little nervous about hearing it, slightly, because you know, it's Whitney's, but damn. She was friggen' fantastic. She did that song justice and then some. Hee. I'm running the Christina version and the Whitney version back to back, repeatedly. She sounds so awesome.
Samii, she also looked great during that performance. Here some pics of it:

Old 05-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Passionate Fan

thanks for the pics! she looks better in the second set with the pink sweater, i think i like that nude/earth shade lipstick on her, blood red with her blonde is a little too much i think. she's still gorgeous though! hehe not sure about Pamela Anderson either.

purplestar