Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Arcade Fire

I just feel like starting a thread about this great band that is Arcade Fire, as they have come to be one of my favorite bands.

I found out about them a couple of weeks ago, with their first album Funeral. I fell in love with it immediatly. 10 sharp songs, that reach something into you immediatly. Everything about it was new, I had never heard something like this before, and that's it, I was already caught by them. I have something about songs that mix violins and guitars, which is what I like best about Arcade Fire.

Of course, I had to get Neon Bible. At first, I was a little disappointed by it, because it's completly different from their first songs. But the more I listenned it, the more I liked it. And for the past days, that's all I've been able to listen to, I can NEVER get sick of these songs.

Now I can only hope I'll get to see them on stage, which might be possible as they're touring around here this summer. I've seen concerts online, it seems so worth it! It's sometimes really funny to watch as they keep exchanging instruments, you end up kinda confused...

Some helpful links:
- Official website
- Arcade Fire on Wikipedia
- Arcade Fire concert on Fabchannel.com

Any other fans around? I hope I'm not ranting by myself all alone! I'll edit the first post with a bio if needed!
Pauline73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Arcade Fire. They're really great. One of my personal faves.
that's a bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Ha finally someone!

What are your favorite songs? I know it's hard to decide... I guess I'd go by Wake up (mostly for the lyrics), No cars go, And Rebellion (Lies) ... But again, very hard!
Old 04-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Hey guys. I loveee Arcade fire

my fav songs are Rebellions (Lies), Neighbor #1, Intervention...
unfloopy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is really hard to think of which songs are the best. I love Rebellion (Lies), Brazil, Wake Up, Neighborhood #3 (I think that's the name of it!). It's just really hard to decide! They're all great.
that's a bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey Pauline !

As you know I just bought "Funeral" a few weeks ago ... and I really, really like it.
I still haven't listened to "Neon bible" but I will as soon as I will have an occasion
See ya on the GGFT or anywhere else on FF
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Nanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Passionate Fan

Nanours, you again? Hurry to get Neon Bible, it's really worth it, it gives a total new style of the band. I mean, there are still the same instruments, but the general atmosphere is somehow different. I vcan't really explain it, as it has to do the way I feel it. Which is why most people either love this band, or hate thme, there's not really a middle...

I mix up all of the Neighboorhoods! But it's funny to see we all seem to have our favorites in Funeral! It's incredible to think it was their first album, usually, bands start with a simple and random album... Or if their first album is a masterpiece, the second one sucks and disappoints everbody...
Old 05-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Both albums are really good, still deciding which one i like the most
unfloopy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm so glad I started this thread, cause here is a place where I can let go of my happiness... Should I say hysteria?
This time, it's official, I'm going to a music festival in Switzerland this summer where there's Arcade Fire!!! And there will also be Björk who I love as well, and a few other nice bands, so try and imagine the huge grin on my face! We just got the tickets a few hours ago, I'm so excited!!
Don't hit me, I know I'm lucky!

Other than that, people you have to check this out: Blogotheque: Take Away Shows! This is nothing short of of amazing... I just found this site, this is an amazing idea! They shoot small concerts in unexpected places (this is French).
So Arcade Fire did it when they were in Paris for their concert at the Olympia ... in an elevator! This version of Neon Bible is just breathtaking, I found myself teary in front of it, this is just... It's things like this that prove you what an amazing and unique band they are... Just the ripping paper thing? only THEM could have had such an idea! (BTW, have you seen them doing so on other videos? )

Oh and also, my brother bought their first EP, I must say I'm not such a fan of it... They have definitely improved their music ever since, and especially their singing skills. The new version of No cars go on Neon Bible is much more powerful than the one they had back then... But it's still worth listenning to, in case you find it!
Old 05-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Elite Fan

Isn't it The Arcade Fire? Tha's what last.fm says anyway.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
Isn't it The Arcade Fire? Tha's what last.fm says anyway.
I think we can say both, but I'm not sure... Even on the band's albums, on Neon Bible, there's no "The", but on their EP, there is... So in the end, I don't know. As I'm lazy, I always leave the "The" out, that's it!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Hey Pauline!!! Musichippie of mine

Yes, I love Arcade Fire.. I bought Funeral a week ago on Vinyl..and I absolutely love it.. my favorite right now is Rebellion (lies) but I think that every song has something special and great. Neon Bible is definately in the planning The 2nd album syndrom doesn't seem so bad with the Arcade Fire

Nin@!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Nina, good girl, I ask for you and you come, it's magic!

Quote:
but I think that every song has something special and great
exactly. That's what I love so much about Arcade Fire. i think it's just amazing how each one of their songs is different, they always come up with new things. YET, when you listen to their album, it flows, somehow, there's a unity between the songs, if you see what I mean (cause I'm not sure I'm clear... )
Old 06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned

I'm so happy I found a thread on Arcade Fire. I love them.
jenny09123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi my name is Regina and I just want to say that finally Arcade Fire has a thread, they're one of my favorite bands! I have both Funeral and Neon Bible and I love both albums.

Like I say to my friends they're 100% alternative...

Icon by sourburst
Corrsfanre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread