Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Passionate Fan

thanks for the links!

i hope AVA do stay together cause i really like them.
but then again i think it's just cause i love Toms voice haha.

EDIT: i really like Marks song!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:02 AM
Master Fan

no problem

I think they will because thats Toms baby. I don't mind AVA I like some of their stuff but I was never really a big fan. Some of AVA's fans are super annoying though they are freaking out about Tom going back to Blink. Tom posted a pic of him at Blinks studio on the AVA's modlife site and alot of AVA fans apparently left lots of Blink hate comments begging Tom to stay with AVA and not go back to Blink.

I don't see why Tom can't do both I think he will. AVA fans just need to chill. It also surprises me there are AVA fans that aren't Blink fans haha.

I just pulled out my Urethra Chronicles DVDs and watched them. I hope they do an Urethra Chronicles part 3 DVD about the new cd and tour that would be awesome.

2013 NBA Champs
XChris76X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

See, I like AVA a lot, but I was uber excited when they said they were getting back together. I don't think he'll let AVA go though, and that's fine with me. I can handle him doing both. But I really didn't like +44 to be honest. They kind of bugged me a lot.
that's a bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Passionate Fan

yeah boths better than neither!

ugh aha whats the point in hating. it's not gonna change anything.
and Blink are much more successful than AVA so they are probably just threatened.

i'm excited to hear new material more than anything.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I'm the same way. I'd rather here some more new material than anything.
that's a bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

I liked AVA and Plus 44 but never loved either. I'd take Blink over both those bands anyday. My problem with +44 was they sounded kinda like Blink but they were not Blink and my problem with AVA was that it sounded nothing like Blink lol. As good as both those bands were they just weren't Blink to me so I'm happy to have Blink back.

I'm excited for new material too. I think Blink has gotten better with each cd. Even though I loved the older stuff because thats what I grew up with the newer Blink was great. I'm excited to hear new Blink but I'm also just excited to have them back and on tour to see them live again.

2013 NBA Champs
Old 02-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Passionate Fan

yeah ITA.
i loved their old stuff.

out of interest what are some of your guys favourite songs by them?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

My favorite song and cd changes like everyday

I was always a huge fan of Carousel and M+M's they were my first favorite Blink songs and still are two of my favs. I just love the bass is Carousel it was one of the first songs I ever learned on bass and really had lots of influence of me decided to play bass.

Dammit got a bit overplayed but still was the first Blink song I ever heard and was huge song for me when I was younger so I will always love that song. I like a bunch of other songs off Dude Ranch but could never remember the names.

I just love pretty much every song on Enema of the State but my favs on that were Aliens Exist, Dumpweed, Anthem and Whats My Age Again. Take Off Your Pants and Jacket is actually one of my least fav cds by them but still a fan of it. My favs off that were Anthem II, Story of a Lonely Guy, Shut Up and Stay Together For the Kids.

Then I just loved the flow of their last cd it wasn't really the blink I grew up with but it was a grown up blink and I really enjoyed it. My favs off that were Stockholm Syndrome, Easy Target and I Miss You.

But I think my favorite Blink song is actually Man Overboard the song they put on the Mark, Tom and Travis show cd. I just love that song and the video was great too . I just wish that song was on a regular cd instead of the live cd.

2013 NBA Champs

Last edited by XChris76X; 02-13-2009 at 11:56 AM
Old 02-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Tom DeLonge has posted a video update announcing a modcam chat for tomorrow where he will answer questions and discuss Blink-182 and Angels & Airwaves.

So that should be interesting heres the video of Tom talking about it. Angels and Airwaves // Modlife // Blog

2013 NBA Champs
Old 02-15-2009, 12:29 AM
New Fan

Does anyone know when the blink182 album is comin out? or is the reunion just a rumor for now, with no official album date?
Old 02-15-2009, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmusic (View Post)
Does anyone know when the blink182 album is comin out? or is the reunion just a rumor for now, with no official album date?
It is no rumor they are back together they announced it at the Grammys and on their website. They are apparently working on the album now and it should be out later this year. They plan to go on tour in the summer so I would expect that would be when the album will come out.

2013 NBA Champs
Old 02-15-2009, 07:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxinsox (View Post)
yeah ITA.
i loved their old stuff.

out of interest what are some of your guys favourite songs by them?
i could never chose a fav song LOL
they have too many awesome songs and they're all so different from album to album. all their songs are gnarly. i just dont like all of this, cause i'm not such a big fan of robert smiths vocals.
vanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Master Fan

yeah I'm not a big fan of his singing either but I don't mind it that much on that song because Tom sings in it too and I really like how the music is like a slowed down version of Easy Target its makes for a great outro to Easy Target. My problem with the song is just Smiths singing and that its a full song I think it would have been better as a short interlude like the Fallen interlude that follows Down. But its really the only minor weakness on an otherwise great album.

2013 NBA Champs
Old 02-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XChris76X (View Post)
Take Off Your Pants and Jacket is actually one of my least fav cds by them but still a fan of it. My favs off that were Anthem II, Story of a Lonely Guy, Shut Up and Stay Together For the Kids.
ahh thats one of my favourite albums.
i pretty much loved everyone song, esp. Roller Coaster aha.

but i do love Stockholm Syndrome.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

i love every cd by them.
my preteen & teen years, wouldn't have been the same without.
i'm glad they've finally decided to get back together<333
melaboobarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread