Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ewan Junkie:
<STRONG>I was in jr. high when Nirvana came out, and they turned me onto rock/grunge/alternative, whatever you want to call it. I was watching all the tributes on MTV2 tonight, and I just thought about the state of popular music was right now. I thought it was good, but when I look at what this band did in such a short period of time, it makes me sad to think of how much better music could be if he was still here. I told my mom that he was like the John Lennon of my generation, and she asked, "was he really that good?" Absolutely!</STRONG>

he really was that good.

I was watching all the specials too and they aired the unplugged performance...i cried.
I miss him so much

Stop Hate
Buffy&Angel4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 04:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio:
<STRONG>Anybody ever see the documentary Kurt and Courtney? It gives the filmaker's theory about Curt being killed. It actually gives some pretty shocking evidence to support his claim. I don't know if we'll ever know the truth, but I think murder is a definite possibility.

See the movie if you don't believe me.</STRONG>
Yeah I've seen it..Hell I even own it..
But anyway, yeah it's a really good movie.
I believe with all my heart that Kurt killed himself, and I refuse to believe that Courtney did it. She may be a bit weird and crazy but I really don't think she killed him.
Avie: Isis2015
Novlótë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 05:44 AM
New Fan

I wore all black to school yesterday in honor of the John Lennon of the 1990s. You should check out the April issue of Spin, they have an amazing essay on Kurt Cobain called "the ghost of saint kurt". I have been analyzing Nirvaa lyrics and the one song that proves the musical genius of Cobain is "Polly" a story of a rape from a rapist's POV. Sad, but brilliant. The story of Kurt Cobain.We miss you.

Viva La Wonderfalls!
From now on, I'm fate's bitch
Simon Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:57 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm so happy to see so many nirvana fans. Maybe i'm crazy, but i really thought i was going to be the only one... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I dont wanna talck about the murder theory. I think he deserves more than that from us. I mean...rumors like that killed him. Maybe some other time, but right now, i wanna focus on the great music he ones did.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I was thinking on the music from today too, and like someone said before, it's sad. I haven't been able to find just one voice that shows the pasion, the pain and the reality that Kurt's voice had. No one has been able to move me like he did... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] and still does.

But....i think it's time to celebrate that we had the opportunity to know who he was....know his music and his art above all.
I wanted to do a *memorial*, cause it was about time. And i'm happy to see that so many of you still remember Kurt's legacy. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"I do feel that I play beautiful tennis" ...arrogant?...no, just the truth Lleyton Hewitt

"Ephram: You gotta stop doing that.
Amy: What?
Ephram: Saying things that make me wanna kiss you"
*MaRiGoLd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *MaRiGoLd*:
<STRONG>I'm so happy to see so many nirvana fans. Maybe i'm crazy, but i really thought i was going to be the only one... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I was thinking on the music from today too, and like someone said before, it's sad. I haven't been able to find just one voice that shows the pasion, the pain and the reality that Kurt's voice had. No one has been able to move me like he did... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] and still does.

But....i think it's time to celebrate that we had the opportunity to know who he was....know his music and his art above all.
I wanted to do a *memorial*, cause it was about time. And i'm happy to see that so many of you still remember Kurt's legacy. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>

You are definately not the only one. I live in Tacoma, not too far from seattle and in the park right next to kurt's house there was a rather large memorial it's gonna go one til about the 11th. i think i am going to go, pay my respects.
I watched unplugged yesterday...i cried

Stop Hate
Old 04-06-2004, 07:58 PM
New Fan

I live in seattle and i went yesterday to pay my respects to the man that was Cobain.

Viva La Wonderfalls!
Old 04-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio:
<STRONG>Anybody ever see the documentary Kurt and Courtney? It gives the filmaker's theory about Curt being killed. It actually gives some pretty shocking evidence to support his claim. I don't know if we'll ever know the truth, but I think murder is a definite possibility.

See the movie if you don't believe me.</STRONG>
Yeah. There are many supporting it. I strongly believe he was murdered.
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon Cohen:
<STRONG>I live in seattle and i went yesterday to pay my respects to the man that was Cobain.</STRONG>
i think i'll go on the 11th, it's a/b a half hour drive from tacoma.

it's cool that you went. did u go to the park where they are having all those vigil's and stuff?

Stop Hate
Old 04-07-2004, 05:50 AM
New Fan

yeah that's the place

Viva La Wonderfalls!
Old 04-07-2004, 06:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I live in seattle and i went yesterday to pay my respects to the man that was Cobain.</STRONG>
i wish i could go... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] tell us more about it. How was it. What did you do there, everything. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"I do feel that I play beautiful tennis" ...arrogant?...no, just the truth Lleyton Hewitt

"Ephram: You gotta stop doing that.
Amy: What?
Ephram: Saying things that make me wanna kiss you"
*MaRiGoLd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

10 years ago, I was in shock. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
It was so sad.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>yeah that's the place</STRONG>
yeah that's what i thought. did u read a/b it in the newspaper, this guy that's gonna say there til the 8th? i wish i could do that.

Stop Hate
Old 04-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Man, I've been depressed for awhile about Kurt. I was only 8 when Kurt died, and I really didn't get into Nirvana until I was 15. It's so sad to see such a legend die so early.

I hope he's truly happy, wherever he is now.
drowninmybrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:53 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by scartissue0286:
<STRONG> I hope he's truly happy, wherever he is now.</STRONG>
Ditto
Mr. Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by scartissue0286:
<STRONG>

I hope he's truly happy, wherever he is now.</STRONG>
i really really hope so too. i hope all his pain was just relinquished and he's at peace

Stop Hate
Reply   Post New Thread