Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2004, 06:28 AM
Passionate Fan

*10 years since we lost Kurt Cobain*...1967-1994

Hi.
I'm a big Nirvana fan since i was 11 years old. Cant believe that now i'm 21, and that Kurt Cobain died 10 years ago. Can you?ż
There's no thread for this great band, and no thread for this amaizing artist. But my feelings were stronger, so here i am.
If you were a fan, or if you ARE a fan, post away. Kurt Cobain was, is and will be the greatest rock musician of the of the last decade, and i cant forget that if it wasn't for him, i wouldn't be the rock fan that i'm right now.

Kurt, wherever you are....thank you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"I do feel that I play beautiful tennis" ...arrogant?...no, just the truth Lleyton Hewitt

"Ephram: You gotta stop doing that.
Amy: What?
Ephram: Saying things that make me wanna kiss you"
*MaRiGoLd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm not a big fan because I only started to listen to his music last year, but I do appreciate the talent Nirvana's music shows after all these years.

Here's an article I found on him if anyone wants to read it.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

All Hail Kurt! I still remember when I heard he was dead ten years ago! I just got home and remember turning on the MTV only to hear about it! It was so sad...I remember going to school the next day in black! It was so sad! I remember crying. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I have to also thank Nirvana and Kurt! They opened my eyes and ears to real music. To appreciate the pain and the music from a songwriter and a good performance! Their music is so influential and I believe always will be!

Today, the rock staions out here are playing blocks of Nirvana and Dave Grohl is supposed to host some tribute to him! It should be interesting!
Old 04-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Passionate Fan

With out Kurt Cobain, the rock wouldn't be what it is today...that's a fact.
I cant imagine what he would be doing if he wasn't dead. I wanna think that he would have being a great dad to Frances...a musician known for his art and not his life...and a good simple guy. You know?...like you or me. That's what he deserved.

"I do feel that I play beautiful tennis" ...arrogant?...no, just the truth Lleyton Hewitt

"Ephram: You gotta stop doing that.
Amy: What?
Ephram: Saying things that make me wanna kiss you"
*MaRiGoLd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't know if I really qualify as a real fan but..
I've only listened to Nirvana for about 2 years and I can't remember when Kurt died because i was only 5˝ years old the. Even though I can't remember it I still deeply miss him and I respect him alot because the music Nirvana did is so brilliant it's beyond words.
Avie: Isis2015
NovlĂłtĂ« is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow. I can't believe its been 10 years already. Geez. I was and still am a Nirvana fan and he was a very gifted musician. May his soul rest forever in peace.

That's nice that Dave Grohl is going to do a tribute to him and it is also nice that radio stations are playing Nirvana songs. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I was two months shy of turning 15 when he passed away, and I remember I was absolutely in shock when it happened. My ex-boyfriend, his cousin, and their friends had huge posters of Kurt in their rooms up for a long time and wore a lot of Nirvana or just t-shirts that read Kurt D. Cobain 1967-1994 w/ his picture on it for a while. They were absolutely heartbroken.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

I just saw an article on MSN and I couldn't believe it's been 10 years. Nirvana is the sound of my adolescence and united my generation. I'm glad the music lives on even if Kurt does not.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

i have been depressed all day. i miss him so much. i have been listening to a radio station here where i live having a nirvana day.

take a look at this:

Kurt rememberance

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited Buffy&Angel4eva ]

Stop Hate
Buffy&Angel4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Rest in peace Kurt. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

There's good in all of us and I simply love people too much. So much that it makes me feel just too *****ing sad.
-excerpt from suicide note.

[img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited Silversun ]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Silversun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

I loved Kurt. Granted, I was still really young, in elementary school, when he died, but my sister listened to Nirvana and I would go in her room and listen. I knew every one of their songs when I was like in preschool. I remember when he died, my stepbrother bawled his eyes out. Amazing how it had that affect on him. I was going to buy a book investigating whether he was murdered today.
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:03 PM
New Fan

R.I.P Kurt. I was watching some specials on Nirvana on Fuse earlier. Nirvana rocked back in the day.
Mr. Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Anybody ever see the documentary Kurt and Courtney? It gives the filmaker's theory about Curt being killed. It actually gives some pretty shocking evidence to support his claim. I don't know if we'll ever know the truth, but I think murder is a definite possibility.

See the movie if you don't believe me.
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Milt Palacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was in jr. high when Nirvana came out, and they turned me onto rock/grunge/alternative, whatever you want to call it. I was watching all the tributes on MTV2 tonight, and I just thought about the state of popular music was right now. I thought it was good, but when I look at what this band did in such a short period of time, it makes me sad to think of how much better music could be if he was still here. I told my mom that he was like the John Lennon of my generation, and she asked, "was he really that good?" Absolutely!
Old 04-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Loyal Fan

i'am a big fan of Nirvana since i have 15, i was only 10 yeras old when Kurt dies; and is a really sad lost,but the music will live forever... a really talented musician that could identified his message with more than a generation.

...it's better to burn out than to fade away...
Old 04-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio:
<STRONG>Anybody ever see the documentary Kurt and Courtney? It gives the filmaker's theory about Curt being killed. It actually gives some pretty shocking evidence to support his claim. I don't know if we'll ever know the truth, but I think murder is a definite possibility.

See the movie if you don't believe me.</STRONG>
I have to go and check that movie out. Thanks for bring it up.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread