Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Season Finale Discusion - What Do You Think/Want to Happen?

It's almost here ... the Season Finale of Invasion. So I thought we were due for a speculation/discussion thread on what we'd like to see in the fianle. Here are some random ideas to get our thoughts going. By all means, don't feel obligated to answer them all. But they can be a good starting tool as to what we want for the finale.

What stories do you want resolved?
What stories do you want to develop further?
Do you want a cliffhanger? Or resolution?
Which characters do you want focused on?
Old 05-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl
What stories do you want resolved?
What stories do you want to develop further?
Do you want a cliffhanger? Or resolution?
Which characters do you want focused on?

What Szura has done with the hybrids. Prehaps a few more things about what excaulty the hybrids are.

Tom and Szura's stuff. What's inside Mir. Kira and Lewis. What the hybrids that Szura has want.

Some kind of cliffhanger, because that's the kind of show it is. But, a lot of resoulation, just in case.

A little bit of everyone.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

We have to answer 4 questions?

I'd think about it and come back.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Well, a lot of my questions were answered tonight. We now know where the hybrids are. The Lewis/Kira stuff happened.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

at Cindy, no we don't have to answer four questions. Pick any or none. Just food for thought.

Nab, ah yes, I'm glad we found out where the island bad hybrids were. But now it's like ... how long can they keep them hidden in the water? Is it just for "protection" from the hurricane or Tom and Russ? But yeah, itd be nice to find out more about the hybrids as a whole in the finale.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I think the hybrids are just under the water for the hurricane. I also have an idea that: the hybrids are the ones gathering people (aka Larkin, Mariel, and the kids), so they can get some new hybrids during Miranda. My other idea? Lewis is working for Szura now.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Lewis working for Szura would be great. Last thing anyone would suspect.

Here are my predictions.

1) Someone else becomes a hybrid and while I think Rose would be the most fun, I predict it'll be Dave.

Why? He's so obsessed with exposing an alien conspiracy that karma almost dictates that he himself becomes what he seeks to expose. Also if next season becomes less about fighting hybrid extremists and more about fighting government extremists having someone besides his ex-wife and her fiancee who are hybrids would help.

2) Szura isn't the real villain and is just small time. His small army presents no real threat to humanity. Just a few towns. And if properly tracked by the government could be easily machine gunned. And I think that is exactly what will happen.

The more interesting question is whether there is a wider hybrid conspiracy involving other cells or even whether Szura himself is implicitly or even complicitly involved with the government who views the whole assault as just more research on the uses of the hybrids in warfare.

3) The government and the militaries motives will be called into question leaving us to wonder if they're really pro-human or pro-hybrid.

4) We find out Larkin's baby isn't human. Another method of alien propigation is realized.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
Lewis working for Szura would be great. Last thing anyone would suspect.
Last night, it crossed my mind. Could Lewis be working for Szura? Here's what we know:

-Szura got all the cops to seemingly help him.
-Szura seems to have a way of getting hybrids to his side.
-The promo for next week have Lewis holding a gun on Dave. (He's also with two unknown men.) It also showed Kira crying on Tom.
-Lewis has said he trusts people too easy and that he follows orders a little too well.

All this leads me to think that there is a good chance that Lewis could be working for Szura. It would be a nice twist and if you really think about it, it makes sense. Szura could have blackmailed Lewis or promised him something or Lewis could just be following the other hybrids.

Still, it is something to think about.

Quote:
1) Someone else becomes a hybrid and while I think Rose would be the most fun, I predict it'll be Dave.

Why? He's so obsessed with exposing an alien conspiracy that karma almost dictates that he himself becomes what he seeks to expose. Also if next season becomes less about fighting hybrid extremists and more about fighting government extremists having someone besides his ex-wife and her fiancee who are hybrids would help..
I also think someone else will become a hybrid. My money is on Dave or Rose's teacher (if she isn't already one.) I doubt any of the kids will become hybrids, just because it would seem strange: Rose is too young and Jesse already has enough issues. I think the best bet is Dave, because as you said it would add a little something and go nicely into government storylines.

Quote:
2) Szura isn't the real villain and is just small time. His small army presents no real threat to humanity. Just a few towns. And if properly tracked by the government could be easily machine gunned. And I think that is exactly what will happen.

The more interesting question is whether there is a wider hybrid conspiracy involving other cells or even whether Szura himself is implicitly or even complicitly involved with the government who views the whole assault as just more research on the uses of the hybrids in warfare.
While Szura is one creepy villain, I also get the feeling that he is small time. That Tom and Russell are so busy worrying about him, they aren't seeing the big picture. Prehaps Suzra is just a pawn of someone we have yet to met or the government?

Quote:
3) The government and the militaries motives will be called into question leaving us to wonder if they're really pro-human or pro-hybrid..
I can totally see that happening. As of now, they seem to want to use the hybrids to learn about them. But, that doesn't explain everything and it doesn't explain what they have learned and why they want to learn it.

Quote:
4) We find out Larkin's baby isn't human. Another method of alien propigation is realized.
During one of the early episodes a crazed woman did attack Larkin, saying she was one of 'them'. Now, it was explained away as mental illness, but it could have been more. How Larkin, would have ended up with a nonhuman baby is something I don't know about. It is Russell's and he is human. And, as far as we (and Larkin) know, so is she. Still, I do think the baby is something we need to keep an eye on. Babies are always important on these types of shows.

Old 05-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
1) Someone else becomes a hybrid and while I think Rose would be the most fun, I predict it'll be Dave. Why? He's so obsessed with exposing an alien conspiracy that karma almost dictates that he himself becomes what he seeks to expose. Also if next season becomes less about fighting hybrid extremists and more about fighting government extremists having someone besides his ex-wife and her fiancee who are hybrids would help.
I think that is a great idea. But I personally hope that poor Dave is left un-hybridized. I think that because he had his half a clone from the early leg incident, that in reality, we won't really get a full Dave hybrid.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl
I think that is a great idea. But I personally hope that poor Dave is left un-hybridized. I think that because he had his half a clone from the early leg incident, that in reality, we won't really get a full Dave hybrid.
I think by the end of it, we will meet new hybrids and maybe people we already know will end up hybrids. But, you have a point, it might not be Dave.

Had to post this:

I just read an older interview with Shaun C. and it said that hybrids are hard-wired to survive and that they would let their kids take a bullet rather then let themselves be hurt. It perfectly explains why Derek stayed with "Christy", because you got to keep your race going.

Anyway, it got me to thinking about Tom, Mariel, and even Lewis. We know that Tom loves Mariel and the kids, even though he's been a hybrid for ten years. And we know that Mariel still loves her kids, Kira, and Tom. And we know that Lewis cares for Kira. But, how long can the three of them hang on to their 'human' sides? It seems to be that it is all about controlling themselves and keeping that 'human' side, as Mariel has tried to do all season (or the two months of the show's timeline).

From the preview, it appears that it is Larkin taking care of Rose and Jesse. And while, we know Szura has Mariel, it did bring up a question: Would Mariel work with Szura in order to keep her race going? Or would she do nothing?

From the preview, it appears that Lewis turns to Szura's side and holds a gun on Dave. Could be a misdirect, could be what it looks like. Which brings the question: Would Lewis turn against people he cares about in order to save himself, to survive?

As for Tom, he's hung onto his human traits or whatever you want to call them for ten years. We've seen him worry about his kids, Mariel, Russell, Larkin, Lewis, and Dave. While Szura seems to have taken the 'we must survive no matter what' way, Tom seems to really want to co-exist. But, he also took Mariel to the water, so she could be with him, I suppose. He also, pre-Eve, seemed to spend very little time with Kira-maybe so he wouldn't get too attached, just in case. And, who knows what he was planning to do with Jesse and Rose in a few years, before things got the way they are. Over all, it's made me wonder: if Tom had to chose between his loved ones and himself or, and the hybrids that Szura has-who do you think he'd chose? And do you think he'll ever-even for a minute-put someone he loves in real danger, in order to save himself or maybe Mariel?

Last edited by Nab; 05-05-2006 at 09:02 PM
Old 05-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some really good stuff in here. I'm going to have to post my thoughts/hopes once I get some sleep but I loved reading everyone else's.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Dave and Rose should never be hybrids!!! I dunno.....it's just kinda odd if it's those 2.

I want to see more of Kira and Lewis.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterley
I want to see more of Kira and Lewis.

I do, too. Lots more, because I really think they are good together. Plus hybrid/human romance? Now, how would that work?

Old 05-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think someone else will become a hybrid. Either Dave or Larkin. I don't want that to happen though. The school teacher would be a good choice. Then her hybrid will be completely healthy and Dave will fall in love with her. How would he react to someone he loves being a hybrid?

In the previews for the Finale there are scenes of Tom and Russell shooting the hybrid soldiers outside the warehouse. It isn't clear how Russell gets out but he's out there with Tom in the rain shooting. Later there's a scene of Lewis telling Kira, Jesse and Rose to stay behind him. It looks like they're in Tom and Mariel's house because you can see behind them what looks like that same locked door where Tom kept his guns.

What bothers me is there's no Larkin. It looks like it's the next day so why isn't Larkin with them? When Russell is shown during the day, he's with Mariel and the pregnant women.

The only scene of Dave I saw was when he and Lewis are standing in the road looking up at the lights coming down out of the sky. He isn't shown during the day with anyone either.

Maybe that's sketchy evidence for who might be taken but it makes me worry about both Larkin and Dave.

The other scene that is ominous is when Russell and Mariel come walking up to Tom during the day and Russ asks what's happened. Tom looks very sad like he's going to have to tell them something bad.

That gun going off when Tom grabs the stranger also looks bad because it's right after Lewis tells Jesse, Kira and Rose to stay behind him. Round Up has left me more concerned for the characters than any other episode.

Last edited by Algieba; 05-12-2006 at 06:40 PM
Old 05-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

It has been stated that someone may be a hybrid at the start of season two. I'd bet on Dave or Larkin.