Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Eppy 1.19 Discussion - The Son Also Rises

Wednesday, April 26 @ 10/9c
The Son Also Rises
Russell discovers that his job may be in jeopardy because of his investigation of the hybrids. Meanwhile, the hybrids sense another storm approaching and begin to take action, Russell learns that Rose's new teacher is teaching a disturbing subject, and Jesse and a schoolmate decide to take matters into their own hands to get even with the hybrids.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I wonder what the "disturbing subject" would be.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I fell asleep last night before the eppy came on. Hubby told me what happened, and said it was a really good eppy. But I guess I'll have to either just leave it at that, or download it somewhere.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I think Invasion is really coming into its own. The past four or so episodes have really been pushing the storyline and things are really taking shape. I have to say, I have enjoyed the second half of the season much more then I did the first half. I've been watching since episode one, and it was pretty much out of habit. Now? I can't wait for Wednesdays!

Anyway, I think this episode kind of showed that not all humans have the right idea. What I mean is, Jesse's idea of wanting to talk to Tom is good, but he should know that simply talking isn't going to work right now. I kind of see it like this: not all hybrids are good and neither are all people. By the way: has anyone noticed that most of the younger hybrids (like the teens in schools) are more, well, jerky and angry then the older hybrids? Could it be a youth thing?

Moving on:

Characters:

Tom: In a way, I feel awfully bad for him. Here he is, thinking he has everything under control and the more he goes on, the poor he figures out that he may just be clueness and somewhat of a tool for Szura.

Szura: He seems so other worldly. So in control. We saw Suza clearly going against Tom and apparently Szura's creepy activities and manuels are news to Tom. Szura's future activities should be interesting.

Russell: First, his fight with Tom was Would he have actually shot Tom? I doubt it. As much as Russell is unsure of Tom, I think he also knows that Tom loves Mariel and the kids and that he does want to live in peace, even if he goes about it the wrong way. Anyway, the scenes between Russell and Jesse spoke volumes to me. Sure, Russell has spent the season (aka month and a half) trying to figure out what is happening, but he's also been kind of ignoring his kids.

Mariel: In a way, I feel very bad for her. She seems to be losing her son. And she seems to be getting more and more unsure each week. And her cleaning and stocking the house? Tres creepy.

Larkin: God, what did she do this week? I can't even remember.

Dave: Honestly, he didn't really have much to do this episode. At least, not that I can recall. Though, I'm sure him studying the maps and things they found on the island will be helpful.

Jesse: I've always liked his character and I love the way he has been explored this season. He went from this unsure kid, to being wry of Tom and what was happening, to becoming angry and taking action. Honestly, Jesse's character has had the best (and most) evolution throughout the season. Give that kid an Emmy, like, now.

Kira: I like Kira, I really do. I think it is a shame that the character is mostly underused. But, I can see big things happening to her in season two (if there is a season two.) From her little fight with Jesse-which seemed to have some jealously behind it, on Jesse's side-it's clear that Kira thinks not all hybrids are evil. And really, they aren't. Tom, Mariel, Lewis, Lewis' priest, and others have proven themselves. Still, she's a very naive and overly trusting girl. I could see that coming back to bite her in the butt. 'Cause that last scene with Szura-creepy and maybe forshadowing.

Rose: Ok, it is time to run Rose. Seriously, what kind of school is she going to now?

Lewis: Thank goodness he isn't dead. I adore him!

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great points! I wish I'd actually watched the show.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab
I think Invasion is really coming into its own. The past four or so episodes have really been pushing the storyline and things are really taking shape. I have to say, I have enjoyed the second half of the season much more then I did the first half. I've been watching since episode one, and it was pretty much out of habit. Now? I can't wait for Wednesdays!

Anyway, I think this episode kind of showed that not all humans have the right idea. What I mean is, Jesse's idea of wanting to talk to Tom is good, but he should know that simply talking isn't going to work right now. I kind of see it like this: not all hybrids are good and neither are all people. By the way: has anyone noticed that most of the younger hybrids (like the teens in schools) are more, well, jerky and angry then the older hybrids? Could it be a youth thing?

Moving on:

Characters:

Tom: In a way, I feel awfully bad for him. Here he is, thinking he has everything under control and the more he goes on, the poor he figures out that he may just be clueness and somewhat of a tool for Szura.

Szura: He seems so other worldly. So in control. We saw Suza clearly going against Tom and apparently Szura's creepy activities and manuels are news to Tom. Szura's future activities should be interesting.

Russell: First, his fight with Tom was Would he have actually shot Tom? I doubt it. As much as Russell is unsure of Tom, I think he also knows that Tom loves Mariel and the kids and that he does want to live in peace, even if he goes about it the wrong way. Anyway, the scenes between Russell and Jesse spoke volumes to me. Sure, Russell has spent the season (aka month and a half) trying to figure out what is happening, but he's also been kind of ignoring his kids.

Mariel: In a way, I feel very bad for her. She seems to be losing her son. And she seems to be getting more and more unsure each week. And her cleaning and stocking the house? Tres creepy.

Larkin: God, what did she do this week? I can't even remember.

Dave: Honestly, he didn't really have much to do this episode. At least, not that I can recall. Though, I'm sure him studying the maps and things they found on the island will be helpful.

Jesse: I've always liked his character and I love the way he has been explored this season. He went from this unsure kid, to being wry of Tom and what was happening, to becoming angry and taking action. Honestly, Jesse's character has had the best (and most) evolution throughout the season. Give that kid an Emmy, like, now.

Kira: I like Kira, I really do. I think it is a shame that the character is mostly underused. But, I can see big things happening to her in season two (if there is a season two.) From her little fight with Jesse-which seemed to have some jealously behind it, on Jesse's side-it's clear that Kira thinks not all hybrids are evil. And really, they aren't. Tom, Mariel, Lewis, Lewis' priest, and others have proven themselves. Still, she's a very naive and overly trusting girl. I could see that coming back to bite her in the butt. 'Cause that last scene with Szura-creepy and maybe forshadowing.

Rose: Ok, it is time to run Rose. Seriously, what kind of school is she going to now?

Lewis: Thank goodness he isn't dead. I adore him!
Actually Larkin did alot and has been alot lately .. She has done more than the bland Mariel has been doing all along ..
Whereas you think Larkin has no merit I think Mariel is the weakest character on the series and I'd enjoy it better minus her whining and lacking contributions .
To be honest I think Mariel is annoying and she has no spark opposite either Tom or Russ and she is not sympathetic at all ..
If Invasion is given a renewal I'll start FF all her mindless scenes in Season 2 since I abhor the character and think she is a waste.
Sorry for the rapid slamming but Mariel just grates on my nerves and has since the start of the series and I'm to the point I cringe whenever she comes on and see nothing worthwhile or likeable about her . I'm aware I'm in the minority but I'd enjoy Invasioon better without her since she is the only one who has me ughing whenever she comes on and start her predictable one dimensional facial expressions and I just really think she is a total snooze to watch ..

Pam

Last edited by HottieRussell; 04-30-2006 at 08:52 AM
Old 04-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Pam-I must stop you and correct you. I do feel Larkin has merit and I actually adore her. Larkin's been playing Mom to Rose and Jesse all season and she's the one that really started the ball running on 'what happens in the water'. Personally, I'm annoyed that she's been back-burned during the second half of the season. As for Mariel, I do feel sorry for her, but I also find her annoying and very one note. I actually like Larkin more then Mariel.

Oh, and for those interested (Wildfire Girl, I mean you) I know a sight where you can download the episode. PM me for the link.

Old 04-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab
Pam-I must stop you and correct you. I do feel Larkin has merit and I actually adore her. Larkin's been playing Mom to Rose and Jesse all season and she's the one that really started the ball running on 'what happens in the water'. Personally, I'm annoyed that she's been back-burned during the second half of the season. As for Mariel, I do feel sorry for her, but I also find her annoying and very one note. I actually like Larkin more then Mariel.

Oh, and for those interested (Wildfire Girl, I mean you) I know a sight where you can download the episode. PM me for the link.
I'm sorry I misunderstood Nab .. I am frustrated too by the lacking Larkin scenes but I'm hoping if Invasion is given a renewal she'll be featured better in Season 2 .. I'm hoping too we see more on Russell & Larkin and less on Russell & Mariel too ..

Pam
Old 04-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottieRussell
I'm sorry I misunderstood Nab .. I am frustrated too by the lacking Larkin scenes but I'm hoping if Invasion is given a renewal she'll be featured better in Season 2 .. I'm hoping too we see more on Russell & Larkin and less on Russell & Mariel too ..

Pam
No problem.

I'm annoyed and frustrated with the way a lot of characters are being handled. I've enjoyed Jesse and the way he has been explored this season. But, I'm getting annoyed with the over amount of screen-time that Mariel, Tom, and Russell have been getting. Don't get me wrong, I like Tom and Russell, but I feel they nearly take over the show. And, it makes me sad that Larken, Dave, and Kira are hardly ever used; there are some weeks were each is lucky to get four or five minutes of screen time. My hope, like yours, is that (if there is a) season two finds the back-burned characters with more screen time and that there are more scenes with Russell and Larkin. And yes, less Mariel.