Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Episode 1.18 Discussion - Re-Evolution

April 19, 2006
ABC
10/9c

From ABC.com:

Russell and Dave discover the island where Szura has been housing some special hybrids. But they also uncover what look like plans for a possible invasion. Meanwhile, Larkin accidentally hits a man with her car and is convinced he is a hybrid, and Jesse gets into a fight with some hybrids at school.

From TV.com:

Russell and Dave investigate what's happening on Szura's island in the Keys. Tensions rise at school between the students who were changed by the hurricane and those who weren't. Underlay tries to find out the extent of the military's involvement in post-hurricane changes.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay for new episode!!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Previews look great. Can't wait to see it.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-19-2006, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

New eppy tonight! FINALLY! And thank you for starting this Cindy!
Old 04-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Finally!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Passionate Fan

I am so excited by tonights episode. The previews look great.

Good to finally have Invasion back.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Banned

This episode rocked. I liked how the hybrids have mind control over people. That punk kid at the school used it on the teacher. That was freaky. Hurricanes suck on tv and in real life.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jacob, I totally agree with the mind control or influence thing. I had noticed it before, but thought it was only on those who were also changed. And I still think that is what is happening, that the changlings have an influence on each other.

Anyhow, very much liked the episode.

I love how fast things are growing and changing right now, how we are getting new mysteries
I felt so bad :sad: for the plane crash hybrids that were now just test victims. How horrbile.
I loved how Dave and Russ had a hard time deciding to call in the coast guard or not, knowing how it would affect their families and friends, but also knowing the "right" thing to do.
And of course I loved the whole depth now to Jesse and his problems at school.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Double post ....
Old 04-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have yet to watch the episode, but I have it downloaded. You are making me excited about it
Old 04-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

The test victims part was disturbing....

Somehow, I found Jesse "cool" in that scene with Larkin. Or maybe I like it when Larkin doesn't get her way.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Jesse was definetly cool, but I kinda liked that. I liked a whole different side to Jesse.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Easier to post in the morning. In the evenings just impossible. Anyway.

This episode showed the tightrope that the sheriff is walking and to a lesser extent Kira is walking.

On the one hand you the military. They want to capture the hybrids and cut them up for military research. This is something which Szura probably knows and in fact is probably what is helping to drive his current project.

On the other hand you have the militant separatism of Szura which right now is defensive but could easily slide into being offensive. Especially given the general tone of his book.

And you even have the threat that the general public might see things in some of the terms Russell is talking in and demand a complete extermination.

The Sheriff having a daughter who he very much loves who is never going to become a hybrid would obviously not be in favor of war. Conversely he also obviously doesnt like seeing people like him being used for research. He's been dealing with both Szura and the military hoping to strike a balance. But he's discovering that both sides are more extreme than he feared. Thus breaking the symbiosis he's trying to create in his town.

Kira whose parents are hybrids feels sympathy for them. On the other hand she is fully human. Hence why she talked about the pressure to "choose" sides.

On one side you have Jesse and his friend who act with contempt and fear towards the hybrids. Snickering at them. Acting hostile. Bemoaning their existence.

On the other side you have the aliens bonding with each other and showing their own hostility.

Both sides confirming each others own worst fears.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Elite Fan

I have no idea when I'll watch this episode ... but, it's on the TiVo (like always).

kenny | credit