Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Francie, sounds good, 3 different seasons SG-1 on TV, one on DVD

Jenny, thanks for the comment about Mel's icon I was wondering who was in it.

The dress von "What if" is so much better, helps to erase the image of the other one stuck in my head .
Old 07-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

Hi Squints. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Jenny - I hope you're enjoying your long weekend back at home. Let us know what you end up doing.

Thanks. I'm loving Kyle XY and that scene was hilarious!!!

Nad I'm with you.............I'm still trying to avoid the heat too. It's still extremely hot here!

You definitely need to see POTC 2 ASAP. Can't wait to hear what you think.

I'm off to the movies today, but I'm not sure what I'm seeing yet.

I leave for NYC super early Tuesday morning. I was just going to fly direct, but the cheaper flights had one stop. But, this worked out well because I'm stoipping in Houston (home) which is where my best friend is, so when I connect we'll be flying to NYC tgether which is cool. We'll make it to NYC at about 3:30 or 4:00.

Thanks for the pic. That dress is so much better!

Francie I know.

Sounds like many of us are still trying to contend with this heat unfortunately.

That's cool about SG. That's another series I've never seen.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Nad: yea, I'm seeing all the eppys I either *didn't* see or *forgot* I saw. it's nice seeing the change in every1 too; esp Daniel and Jack. RDA's gotten *so* much grayer, I tell ya, but sitll noi bad for his age...hehe

Mel: yea, the heat's driving me crazy! went to the Post Office to get a money order and it took me like 45 mins cause I went to the grocery store after. and evne in that little amount of time, the sweat's just pouring off me...grrrr. so, trying to stay in the fan's pathway most of the time.

enjoy your trip, and be careful; said it b4 but that's me. can't wait for pix! hehe

haven't seend SG1...? not a bad series, IMO. I like the fact it's filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia, and uses a large Canadian cast. it's nice to see we can contribute to a good series; considering how many peeps don't like Canadian productions. well, I don't anyway, so it's JMO.

every1 else having a good wkend...? I'm relaxing, and *yes* another David B marathon tomorrow...hehe. looks like Sunday's my 'David B" day; keeps me outta trouble anyhows!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Francie The heat is still really bad here although today was a slight improvement since it was a little overcast.

On Friday when I was finishing up my shopping I went to one store and there was no air and by the time I came out of the store I was soaked. uugh.

I keep trying to stay cool too.

Thanks for your thoughts. I've heard NYC can be pretty dangerous, but I plan on being very careful/safe.

I got a memory card on Friday for my camera, so I have plenty of space now to take pics!!

SG is on my long list of DVDs.

Sundays reserved for David B. That's pretty cool.

Movies I've just seen...............Miami Vice, Scoop, and Lady in the Water.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Squints

Mel Avoiding the heat seems to be the best things these days. Even though the temperatures dropped a bit after Friday's thunderstorm, it's still way to hot for me. The weather forecasts predicts more thunderstorms today

That's great that you'll be flying with your best friend on Tuesday . All this talk about NYC makes me want to go right now instead of waiting another 6 weeks . I'm sure you'll have a blast. for the new memory card. More pictures are always good.

What are your thoughts on Miami Vice? I've seen a preview and having a hard time picturing Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx as Crocket & Tubbs The image of Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas (sp?) seems to be stuck in my head .

Francie, ITA about RDA. I saw an old episode of SG-1 recently and he had such dark hair back then . But he looks evem better with the gray hair IMO

Enjoy your "David-B-day"
Old 07-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912

Francie, ITA about RDA. I saw an old episode of SG-1 recently and he had such dark hair back then . But he looks evem better with the gray hair IMO

Enjoy your "David-B-day"
yea, I know what you mean. I saw a S1 eppy last wk; wowie! what a dif a few yrs makes! and ITA, too, about the gray; some men can handle it, some can't. RDA *definately* can! hehe

thnx! yup, Sunday's my day for David B; that way, can give every1 equal time.

Mel: kewl! can't wait to see the pix! always wanted go to NYC, but could never get the money together or the time or have some1 to go with...grr! maybe *some* day, right? if I culd get to TT20, hey, *anything's* possible*!

know you'll be careful; me being me, I always tell friends who go on trips to watch out. want you coming bk safe and sound to us!

look at abouve regarding Sunday and David B. can't wait for the new season, that's for sure! hehe, counting down da days!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Man, I feel like I haven't been here in forever...

Guess I'll start by saying I feel you on the current heat wave...we're actually supposed to get to close to 100 degrees for the next two days, which is not a common thing around here...not even in summer... And unfortunately, our air conditioner is a tad too big to fit into our living room, so we've had to place it in the kitchen where it doesn't really help the living room out much...

My own air conditioner is in the A/C sleeve upstairs, which unfortunately is in the room opposite mine, so I've been moving my mattress into there the past few times it's gotten this hot... Had originally planned on moving into that other room sometime soon, but it appears we're going to be moving the first of October, so it really would make almost no sense to completely move in there at this stage...

Haven't been here since my trip to Nova Scotia, so I'll just say that the whole trip was just excellent, and that I would go back there in a heartbeat. Was a truly great time. Have the pics on DVD, but haven't got them in a format where I'd be able to upload any yet, so I'm going to have to hold off on posting any I'm afraid... :sigh; Still, I'd recommend anyone visit the province at least once, as quite simply, it's gorgeous...
Old 07-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica
Man, I feel like I haven't been here in forever...

Haven't been here since my trip to Nova Scotia, so I'll just say that the whole trip was just excellent, and that I would go back there in a heartbeat. Was a truly great time. Have the pics on DVD, but haven't got them in a format where I'd be able to upload any yet, so I'm going to have to hold off on posting any I'm afraid... :sigh; Still, I'd recommend anyone visit the province at least once, as quite simply, it's gorgeous...
wb!

where in Nova Scotia did you visit...? I've been in Halifax and driven thru to North Sydney to catch the ferry home, but other than that, nowhere else there. and ITA about the province; it's beautiful. reminds me of home...
Old 07-31-2006, 01:23 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Francie I hope you enjoyed your DB-day

If you want to go to NYC maybe you could pick a convention there? Should be neat to combine both, a vacation and a convention I'm sure you'll be able to go one day, NYC is such a great place to be, all the things you can do and see

Christy Welcome back!

100 degrees for the next few days - that's bad . I hope it cools off for everyone soon. It's actually cooler here now - the temperatures are supposed to drop to a 'normal' level over the next few days .

Your trip to Nova Scotia sounds great . Looking forward to your pics .

Everyone seems to go on vacation right now, I wanna go too Okay, only 7 weeks and I'll go So, I'm almost down to counting the days .

I hope everyone has a good start into the new week
Old 07-31-2006, 10:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

Nad I'm with you on avoiding the heat being the best thing lately. It is slightly better here now but that's not saying a whole lot.

6 weeks will be here before you know it. I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow!

I actually really liked Miami Vice!! Of course I may be biased as I'm a big Colin fan. I thought he was perfect for the role though. Can't say the same about Jamie.

Francie I'm sure you'll make it there one day!! Just like I'm determined to have my Europe trip one day.

And you are too sweet...............thanks.

I'm excited for the new season too. The countdown has begun.

Christy It has been ages. How are you?

So glad you had an awesome trip. I heard a bit about it on the Grey's board. I'd love to visit one day.

I heard about the big heat wave. I've been in one and am heading into an even more severe one in NYC. I hope you manage to stay cool somehow.

Andie I'm glad we got to chat a bit before I left.

I leave super early for NYC in the morning..........actually just a few hours away...I need to get a little sleep.

I'll talk to you guys when I get back. Have a great week!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Mel I hope it cools off soon The heat is getting on everyone's nerves right now.

Thanks for the input on Miami Vice, I think I'll check it out when it starts over here.

Have a good trip and enjoy NYC
Old 08-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912
Francie I hope you enjoyed your DB-day

If you want to go to NYC maybe you could pick a convention there? Should be neat to combine both, a vacation and a convention I'm sure you'll be able to go one day, NYC is such a great place to be, all the things you can do and see
yup, always do!

was thinking bout that actually. checking to see if a con was there by chance...hehe. great minds!

Mek: know you're on your tip but we're thinking of you! have fun!

re: heat. ouchie. we're at 30C with 42C humidex; 86F with 107F humidex... just want to get home!!! the library closed at 1:00PM but cause I have A/C in the room I work in (mind you, I don't feel it after a while...grrrr), I'm here until 3:00PM. least it's only another hr.

have a good wk, peeps!

enjoy the repeat tonite!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Hi

just wanted to say 'Hi' after my long weekend (it was very relaxing but nothing special, I only met my family and one friend for an afternoon).

In about an hour I'm offline for a few days - thanks to my job I've got to go on a trip without internet.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jenny We'll miss you Come back soon honey!

Mel, have a wonderful trip to NYC! I can't to hear everything about it

Christy, welcome back to the Bones board

Nad, how far arwe you with HH?

Francie, poor thing So humid for the repeat
Old 08-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread

Last edited by Andie; 08-01-2006 at 10:35 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread