Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Francie:hug; glad to hear the news about your anckle And being on vacation It's the best Besides being stressed I am good. Had a nice weekend with friends staying over at my place.

Nad Thanks for the compliment on my icon. I really like it. It was a great episode I so need to watch more. Hopefully on Friday
I was so sad about the socceroos loosing the match. Italy didn't deserve to win and eps. not like that!

Mel We really need to chat I hope I get everything done until Friday. I spent seven hours at the libary the other day .pout: The sun was shining and I was sitting inside... guess I can't change that unril I am done with it. How far are you with Instant Star?

Hi to all the other squints
Old 06-27-2006, 04:46 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Hi everyone

Francie, glad to hear your ankle is finally better . My week started off pretty good, the project at work is almost done, so I should be able to get back to my normal work soon How's your week so far? Enjoying your vacation I'd think

Andie You're welcome, I love the pic and the epi so I can't help it. You know what, you got me to rewatch some episodes with you icon . I hope you'll be able to watch more soon, you really need to catch up

I'm still irked about Italy's victory yesterday . The second match (Switzerland - Ukraine) was a total waste of time IMO, I'm so glad I only watched the first half, so boring . I thought the matches would get more exciting in the final rounds - so far that's not really the happening . I'll root for Ghana tonight, maybe they'll be able to beat Brazil .
Old 06-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel2005
hehe, sounds like something I'd do.

hmmm, I heard foreworks outside my door last nite; I'm on De La Caserne, xstreet is Paiement and then Pierrefonds in Ste. Genevieve. so, maybe we had ours last nite...? coudla sowrn was told tonite, but heard nothing at 10.00. least we have Canada Day next week; hope to see them then.

Mel: didn't have too bad a day after all. relaxed, slept a bit... it's cooling off here, so it's a bit nicer now.
I live close to the boardwalk in Verdun. This past weekend was very quiet (I can usually hear the cars on grand prix Sunday- not this time though)

I would love to go to St. Sauveur on Saturday, but I doubt it'll happen.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 06-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

NAdand Andie: thnx! yup, it's better, but not quite; getting there. walking is fine now, so can't complain there.

been enjoying vacation, that's for sure. catching up on my TV watching; 'Angel', 'Bones', and beleive it or not, started watching "Stargate: SG1' again! stopped for a while, but decided give it another shot. other than DB, Michael Shanks...all I'm sayin'.

Nad: on the project being almost finished! *does the Dance of Joy* hehe. I know how good that can feel. nothing like it, is it, when you got something acomplishged?

Andie: stress at work...bah! have a feeling when I go bk next week, gonna be *BUSY*...:shudder* not gonna think bout that; got a wk to enjoy yet! glad you had a good weekend. we all live for 'em, don't we?

Janet: ahh, k. so you have first-hand experience with the fireworks. kewl. I'd love to live in Ste-Anne's; not just cause I work at the uni and college there, but for the sceenery. reminds me of home a bit...

St. Sauveur? hmmm, heard that place b4, but dunno where it is. *grumbles about not being form here*
Old 06-27-2006, 09:40 AM
New Fan

Hey guys! Woooot, just got my GCSE Science Modules over with today *eeekkk* soo happy, this week is going by soooo freakin' slowly, so evil! Just got tomorrow left and then a half day on Thurs *EEKKK* Cannot wait!

Nope, no special plans. Can't afford to go on any holidays due to the new house and my mum getting a new car lol =o/. My aunts got a caravan so we might go stay there for a weekend =o/ lol, although I doubt it as my mum only has 3weeks off from work this summer, which sucks.

Gotta update E-W.org lol! Will do later, heading out with my friends tonight as a wee farewell doo for Jill and Steven as they're heading off to America for 6 weeks with this church group, its called 'The Ulster Project' and they're getting to do loads of really awesome stuff, I was soo ragin I didn't get picked to go haha!

Well, Talk to ya'll later!
*huggles*
Kaz <3

Old 06-27-2006, 06:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Nad I see we felt the same way about the Italy/Australia game. Anyone else you're rooting for now?

How's your week going so far?

What did you think of Instant Star?

Francie How's your vacation going?

Glad to hear your ankle is better for the most part.

Andie Yes, we do..........we're overdue for a super long one now. Might be another week if I end up going out of town this weekend. But, if I don't then hopefully this weekend.

I'm so psyched for the Office board!!

Instant Star - I've seen about 5 eps of the 2nd season.

7 hours at the library..............what a bummer. Hopefully you have it done soon!

Kaz Congrats on getting your Modules done. I hope you have a great weekend whatever you end up doing!

Have a good time with your friends tonight.

Janet
Old 06-28-2006, 06:00 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Janet Why would you like to go to St. Sauveur this weekend?

Francie Yep nothing like finishing a project - I'm done now, so I'm joining the happy dance Probably not for long, because my boss told me that I have a good chance of doing another special project soon .

On a happier note - you're watching SG-1? Which season are you watching? Michael Shanks is nice to look at but his character has a tendency to get on my nerves. I have to admit that I'm more into Richard Dean Anderson, love him since MacGyver (okay, my age is showing again )

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Kaz, congrats on you GCSE's. Enjoy the time with your friends tonight They're going to America for 6 weeks - wow. What's 'The Ulster Project'?

Mel I'm currently trying to make up my mind about rooting for another team. I might go with France because they have the chance to beat Brazil in the remake of the 1998 World Cup final (it was an awesome match back then)

After finishing my project this morning it's back to 'normal' work now. I'm in the process of catching up with everything that has been piling up since last week How's your week?

I really like Instant Star, Andie 'added' another show to my already long list . But I made her watch BSG . What I like most about IS is the Tommy/Jude relationship for obvious reasons and the music, they have some great songs on the show. It's not my usual type of show, so one could say it's my guilty pleasure these days. What do you think about it so far?

And here I am, trying to start next season with less shows on my list...
Old 06-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Mel: thnx! vacation's pretty good actually. basically just relaxed and enjoyed the quiet. enjoying not doing anything; that make sense? there was a time when staying home would have drove me bonkers, but I guess knowing it's for a short time makes the dif.

Nad: thx! yea, boesses and those 'special projects'. don't you just wanna scream and say 'no more'! I know I do when they give me one after the other... guess that's what we get for being good at our jobs.

Re: SG1. if I remember correctly, the season that's showing right now is when Jack just took over for Hammond. can you remember which one that is...? was it last yr...? *shakes head* used to know this show so wel!!! grrrr.

as for Michael Shanks, yea, he gets on my nerves too, but I the guy. hehe, maybe the glasses help; you know my for them on DB. and RDA..? hun, *I* remember McGyver! watched it *every* time it was on. never missed it. so, you're not the only one showing their age. and speaking of age...? gotta give RDA his props; he aged WELL! *whistles* now, if only we all aged that well...hmmm. hehe.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:19 AM
New Fan

Thanks guys! Had an awesome night, was sad saying bye to them =o(

Nad the Ulster Project is this thing with our Church (we live in Ulster, hence the name lol) and basically groups of teenagers (15-16) are picked to go over to different parts of America in groups and help out with things, like helping the homeless etc and get to stay with an American family and experience loads of different things that we would never get to do here. Basically, volunteer work with loads of previliages lol!

Old 06-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Francie, yeah it can be pretty frustrating to be good at your job . Esp if you
're the only one who knows how to do certain things. The good thing with the new project - if I have to take over - is, that the deadline is July 31th, so I'll have more time to finish it.

SG-1: If I remember correctly Jack took over command from Hammond in season 7. But I'm not good at getting Stargate seasons right, I usually know the episodes but not the season they belong to Any Stargate experts around?

MacGyver One of my first TV show obsessions Totally agree about RDA aging well

Kaz, thanks for the info on the project. I thought it would be something like that, sounds fascinating I bet it's an amazing experience. Do you have a chance to go next year?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:20 AM
New Fan

You're welcome. Possibly, although if I don't, I can always go in a few years as a leader!

Old 06-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912
Francie, yeah it can be pretty frustrating to be good at your job . Esp if you're the only one who knows how to do certain things. The good thing with the new project - if I have to take over - is, that the deadline is July 31th, so I'll have more time to finish it.
yup! it can! had my orignal boss (say it that way cause I've worked in practically *every* dept of our library except admin and desk where they sign out videos ) came to me wk b4 vacation. she wanted me to type out some labels with a new setup. asked her if Tues would be ok; she smiled and said, 'we know you. give you 15 mins, tops'. looked at her and grinned bk, saying, 'after 2 yrs, finally kickd in; too good at my job, hey?' she winked, and left. so, yea, know the feeling quite well! bonne chance, mon ami!

Quote:
SG-1: If I remember correctly Jack took over command from Hammond in season 7. But I'm not good at getting Stargate seasons right, I usually know the episodes but not the season they belong to.
k, looked it up. we're at S8 on Space. they just showed 'Icon' today; the one where Daniel ends up helping a planet with taking bk their country after the Stargate was revealed to the public. side note: actually, weird seeing Christopher Judge with hair. *shakes head* don't watch something for a while and it changes *so* much!

Quote:
MacGyver One of my first TV show obsessions Totally agree about RDA aging well
hehe, yea! RDA was one of mine too when I was younger. the gray looks so nice on him. some men can't wear it that well, IMO, but him...? I put him right *up there* with DB (d'uh! ), and *maybe* Sean Connery for aging well; *maybe*. Connery was never my cup of tea, but still...
Old 06-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hi Squints. wave: Just letting you guys know I'll be away for the next 5 or 6 days. I may pop in a few times, but not sure that I'll really have that much access. I decided to drive home and it's basically a 2 day drive to and from Cali to Houston. I'll have 2 full days in Houston. I wasn't going to go but decided last minute to go ahead and go.

Nad I like France. Kind of tired of Brazil's cockiness. I'd like to see a new winner. I guess we'll see how this next round turns out. I'm glad to hear that FIFA has taken notice of the ref situation during this World Cup. It has been really bad at times.

That's cool you're done with your project now. Not cool that you have to catch up the things you had to ignore while you worked on it. I hope it's not too bad and that you have a great rest of the week.

I'm a fan of Tommy/Jude too. I really like the music as well. And yep, Andie is good at getting us hooked on shows isn't she? I'm still working on Season 2. I haven't had much time. And I often think I'm too old to watch some of the shows I watch. Oh well...........we need some guilty pleasures.

This week was extrememly busy for me. Monday we had inventory and Tuesday and Wednesday were total madhouses!! I'm off tomorrow, Friday, and Monday though. Tuesday is 4th of July so it's a paid holiday for me. I'll be driving Thirsday and Friday. Spend 2 days with the family on the weekend and drive back Monday and Tuesday. Back at work Wednesday.

I say every season that I'm going to watch less shows. It never works out though.

Franice I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your vacation. It's so nice to just relax and do nothing sometimes. It makes total sense when we do nothing but go, go, go most of the time. But, yeah, it's fun to go out during vacations as well. Gotta have some of both I think.

Kaz I'm glad you had an awesome night with your friends.

The Ulster project sounds great!

I hope everyone is having a great week.

Oh, I saw Superman this week. I was impressed!
Old 06-29-2006, 06:05 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Squints

Kaz, going as a leader sounds even more exciting, I hope you'll be able to make it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel2005
'we know you. give you 15 mins, tops'
Francie Sounds like something my boss would say to me.

SG-1: Chris Judge with hair is something I'll never get used to - Teal'c has no hair . RDA looks just droolworthy with his gray hair . Gray hair makes some guys look even more distinguished. Sean Connery, is a great example.

Mel Awesome, I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the time with your family

I'll root for France in the next round. The brazilian players get on my nerves, they act like it goes without saying that they'll end up in the final and win - of course. I'm still waiting for them to play a match that justifies their ambitions, the ones I saw were boring most of the time.

The ref's are another point, FIFA should really take a look. In other tournaments (Chamions League f e) they're doing fine and now they're acting weird . Not sure if the new rules the FIFA set up for the World Cup were helpful at all .

Work has been okay, caught up on a lot of my stuff, so the rest of the week will be fine. Sorry to hear that your week has been so busy, sometimes it's just mad . Enjoy your little vacation .

Glad you're enjoy IS, Andie will be proud she got us hooked on another show I think we need to find a show we can hook her to . To old to watch some of the shows? Never, we need our guilty pleasures.

I'm not alone with my 'I wanna watch less shows but it never happens' problem .

What are the plans for the weekend?
Old 06-29-2006, 06:20 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread