Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Pinkbear, welcome to the hate!!

Quote:
and I would like to see somewhere in the future a scene like.. Sully watching Booth and Brennan talking or bickering.. to make him realize that his presence is out of the limit in there
Exactly! That'd be great. And then he could be so overwhelmed with grief that he'd go back to his boat and get lost in the Bermuda Triangle
foreverwood42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:57 AM
New Fan

Quote:
And anyone that asks their so called friend (Booth) in how to sleep with his partner (actually any woman in this case ) is pretty low, particulary when he suspected that Booth had feeelings for Bones.
I alwaya felt that Sully was far to shallow and arrogant for someone like Bones, that " I know you better than anyone!!!! " speech * what really????* . so I just hope in the future if he returns, I'm soooo hoping that his compass gets broken, woo-hoo, that Bones tells him where to go and that the hotness that is Bones and Booth is rubbed in his face, like he rubbed his relationship with her in Booth's!! *end of rant"
I agree with you 100%. IMO Sully is the lowest of the low for what he did to his "friend" Booth. And having Brennan fall so ridiculously in "love" with him in such a short time just made her look like someone with questionable judgment and taste. Talk about letting your gonads do your "thinking" for you. You'd think she had never seen a man before. Ugh. It was not an attractive side of Brennan. It made her look shallow and dumb for letting him think he "knew" her so well--like there isn't any depth to her personality because he can know all about her in five minutes. I hate Sully both for the way he treated Booth and for the way he made Brennan look.
LouiseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:13 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm loving all the hate!! It's like Heaven...LOL
Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

^
Sully, don't visit this thread ^^ xD
Old 03-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

I agree with the "I hate Sully both for the way he treated Booth", but I'm not so sure about the "way he made Brennan look". I think maybe Brennan was just kinda desperate to be in a relationship that worked, maybe to prove herself that she could do it, that there was nothing wrong with her (cause, remember her [not so] past experiences?...). Sully came up, he wasn't so bad, she gave it a try. I don't think she was ever that in love with him.

I have to say that I've only seen the episodes once, and it's been a while, I might not remember everything, or I might have got the wrong idea/impression from all of it. But I've been re-watching, and I'll get there soon.

Anyway, I didn't like the Sully/Brennan thing much either. Mainly cause, compared to Booth/Brennan, they felt so... flat. No sparks there. =|

Lazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:53 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I don't think she was ever that in love with him.
If only that were true, but it isn't. The writers had Brennan listing out loud all of Sully's perfections--brilliant, great lover, big brain, bigger penis, etc. ad nauseum, ad infinitum and then saying how much she wanted to go with him on his boat. Then she thought she must be crazy, and that there must something wrong with her for not going with him. She acted like a pathetic, stupid teenager with her first guy, and that's being unkind to teenagers. I lost a huge amount of respect and liking for Brennan during the Sully episodes because of her behavior.
LouiseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I agree with the "I hate Sully both for the way he treated Booth", but I'm not so sure about the "way he made Brennan look". I think maybe Brennan was just kinda desperate to be in a relationship that worked, maybe to prove herself that she could do it, that there was nothing wrong with her (cause, remember her [not so] past experiences?...). Sully came up, he wasn't so bad, she gave it a try. I don't think she was ever that in love with him.
ITA with this!

Brennan was not in love with Sully. No way, IMO. Especially since, she's still figuring out what love is now. And it's pretty apparent that on the show, she's discovering what 'love' is with Booth for the first time, not Sully. Sully was not her 'love'. But someone she got 'caught up' with, infatuated with, like any normal human being would. It confused her for sure. She was so used to having 'relationships' without getting 'attached'. Brennan may be a brilliant anthropologist, but she's still just as vulernable as the rest of us, especially more so because of her past. She did nothing wrong. And when it comes down to it, Sully was just a plot point. The show did play it up as something big, bigger than it should have been for two people who only knew each other for a month, but honestly, there's no show that doesn't use that kind of 'plot point' to create 'angst' between the main ship of the show.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't think she loved him. I think she really wanted to, because like you said she listed all those great things because Sully's actually a pretty good guy. And those all these reasons why she should go, but the thing holding her back was Booth. If she really loved Sully, I think she would've gone.

I think her infatuation during the whole Sully thing was her searching for something that wasn't there. The whole wish-fulfillment thing. She's just looking in the wrong place. People with abandonment issues look for stability. She doesn't realize yet that Booth is her stability; he's always there and always will be which is especially evident when Sully sails away and she turns around and there Booth is
Old 03-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think her infatuation during the whole Sully thing was her searching for something that wasn't there. The whole wish-fulfillment thing. She's just looking in the wrong place. People with abandonment issues look for stability. She doesn't realize yet that Booth is her stability; he's always there and always will be which is especially evident when Sully sails away and she turns around and there Booth is
Couldn't have said it better!
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Maybe she was listing out Sully's perfections more to convince herself than anything else. I really don't believe she loved him. And, in terms of love and relationships, she might as well be a "stupid teenager with her first guy", cause she's never really been through the real thing, she's still looking for it - that connection - and she doesn't have a clue.

But, of course, each one of us sees things differently, according to our own sensibility, life experience, and all that stuff that I pretend to know about

Lazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Eddie is in everything! Bones, Friends, King of Queens...I can't escape! I know Eddie is probably a great guy, but everytime I see him I can't help but think of Sully.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:58 AM
Loyal Fan

ΛΛ EMcC, not going to bash too much but if I have to hear him say in another interview how much he looks like DB (in your dreams) I will hunt him down and give him a good forehead slap!! You know he even said in an interview that he signed an autograph pretending to be David, seriously, the cheek, that is so wrong, that poor fan but he/she needed their eyes tested, they look nothing alike, DB is about a foot taller! GRR!!!
Pinkbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Check out Booth's making love speech, it is obvious from Brennan's reaction that she has never experienced that before! B&S was not love, just as B&C was not love, IMO, both had feelings but mainly it was about sex. And yes I have to agree, that when Brennan was with Sully she was incredibly out of character and IMO, annoying and the way they forced the whole B&S relationship upon us viewers, was poor judgement on Hart Hanson part. It killed 4 epi for me That's why I dread his return! BOO!!!
Pinkbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

If he comes back, we can ask HH if we can guest in the show while he's in it
Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
ΛΛ EMcC, not going to bash too much but if I have to hear him say in another interview how much he looks like DB (in your dreams) I will hunt him down and give him a good forehead slap!!
Oh, I know. That ticked me off a little too
Reply   Post New Thread