Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Janet ~

Ahh the hug. Perfection.
yup! best way to say it! absolute perfection! all I could think was "she went to him first; nobody else."
Old 06-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Which gesture did you guys think was cuter, the 'hand-holding' in ep 21

or the hug in 22?

Old 06-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'd have to go with the hand holding one, because, you see, a hug can be friendly, whereas the way he kept on caressing her hand didn't feel too "friendly" to me...

"They are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hands."
Old 06-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

hmm, toughie.

I think the hand holding is cute, cause like you said, he *was* caressing it. *but* same time, the look on his face as he held here was *nore* than friendly, IMO. I can see so many emotions running across it: concern for her welfare, anger at it happening at all, and even love. if I *had* to choose, no. 2 for me.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Tough question, Nat.

The hug showed that he was there for her - he was her 'anchor' to hold on so to speak. It was a pretty good moment and showed how much their relationship developed over the season, because I doubt Booth would have gotten away with huging her over the first few episodes . Whereas whole conversation and hand holding in 1x21 showed imo some deeper emotion and even more trust between them. I love both scenes and each holds a special meaning, but I'd say the moment in 1x21 was more important in their relationship.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree with what Nad said. As much as I really love the hug for what it is, Booth always being there for her, to catch her, to hold her, to keep her safe in his arms and the emotions on his face said it all with out a doubt. But somehow for me the 'hand-holding' scene was more important to their relationship because it showed that Tempe as well is there for him, knowing what he needed in that moment, listening and just "a simple touch". The deep trust and faith they have in each other was more obvious in that scene in ep 21, IMO. Though I'm not saying that they trust/faith wasn't there in the hug scene as well, because it was, it really was and like Nad said, they both have special meanings but the hand holding scene was IMO more important for their relationship.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:12 PM
New Fan

I love both moments. Both really showed how much they care for and trust each other. But if push came to shove, I'm gonna have to go with The Hug.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar1002
I agree with what Nad said. As much as I really love the hug for what it is, Booth always being there for her, to catch her, to hold her, to keep her safe in his arms and the emotions on his face said it all with out a doubt. But somehow for me the 'hand-holding' scene was more important to their relationship because it showed that Tempe as well is there for him, knowing what he needed in that moment, listening and just "a simple touch". The deep trust and faith they have in each other was more obvious in that scene in ep 21, IMO. Though I'm not saying that they trust/faith wasn't there in the hug scene as well, because it was, it really was and like Nad said, they both have special meanings but the hand holding scene was IMO more important for their relationship.
I agree We see how hard it is for Brennan to be there for others. To see her know what he needed spoke volumes about how their relationship grew.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 06-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar1002
Very well said, Nat. A hug is easier than their hand holding moment, because Booth is more open and it was easy for him to give comfort to a devastated Tempe who then naturally seeked comfort because she was lost. But the hand holding scene was the other way around: she was ready to give him comfort.
Plus, like I said, I really believe that the caress on her hand was more emotionally charged (as in with emotions other than dispair) than the comfort hug. If Angela had been there, Tempe would have gotten a hug too. We wouldn't have seen those emotions on Booth's face, true, but still. However, if Tempe hadn't been there with Booth at the funeral, than they would not have shared that hand holding moment.

"They are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hands."
Old 06-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Great thoughts everyone. I'm in complete agreement about the hand holding moment.

Love those caps.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love those caps Nat

SleepDeprived I agree with you, I do love both moments. I am not sure if I can make a decision
Old 06-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Master Fan

I love both moments but if I have to choose one I guess I have to go with the hand holding one because it show how much she care for him.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

So I finally got to watch the episode where Bones touches Booth's hand at the funeral in a gesture of comfort! I was glued to the screen...(although my mum was in the room, and to her credit she was interested...but she kept asking questions while I was trying to watch this scene!!)
Old 06-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

bea~lloydy19, I am sorry that your mom was interrupting during that scene
Old 06-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread