Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rebecca & Seeley Appreciation Thread #1: Still in love?

This thread is dedicated to Seeley Booth and his ex girlfriend and mother of his son Parker, Rebecca

Last edited by Andie; 09-07-2006 at 04:16 AM
Andie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Since we know that Rachel didn't want to marry Booth I'm really curious how the status of their relatinship is now.

I'm looking forward to learn more about their background .
Old 09-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Nice thread! I am also very curious to learn more about their relationship.
I'm confused though... Didn't Booth say her name was Rebecca in season 1, or was it me hearing voices again???

"They are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hands."
kerathecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:53 AM
MsJ
Part-Time Fan

Her name is Rebecca (although the sides and other information have called her both Mia and Rachel). So unless Booth was still in a such a daze from his medication (in "Man in the Fallout Shelter") that he called her by the wrong name when he talked to her on the phone, she is Rebecca. Or, if her name is Rachel, maybe that's why she was so P.O.'d at Booth.
MsJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJ (View Post)
Her name is Rebecca (although the sides and other information have called her both Mia and Rachel). So unless Booth was still in a such a daze from his medication (in "Man in the Fallout Shelter") that he called her by the wrong name when he talked to her on the phone, she is Rebecca. Or, if her name is Rachel, maybe that's why she was so P.O.'d at Booth.
Lol! Thanks! I guess we'll just have to watch to find out what her definite name is then.
I am really curious to know why she wouldn't marry Booth and why she is always so mad at him.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerathecat (View Post)
Lol! Thanks! I guess we'll just have to watch to find out what her definite name is then.
I am really curious to know why she wouldn't marry Booth and why she is always so mad at him.
Rachel is the one FOX used in the episode description

Good points! I wanna get answers to those questions as well It seems very difficult to resist a guy like Booth imo. She must have had her reasons... maybe his job?
Old 09-04-2006, 03:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)
It seems very difficult to resist a guy like Booth imo. She must have had her reasons... maybe his job?
So true! He's just irresistible!
You're right Andie, his job was probably a big problem (no time for anything else).

Old 09-04-2006, 03:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Rachel is the one FOX used in the episode description
It can be very confusing sometimes! Either they made a mistake (Eric Millegan says the Fox website misspelled his character's name), or the writers just decided to rename the character, since she was only mentioned once last season... But they forget that we don't forget anything!

Old 09-04-2006, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It can be very confusing sometimes! Either they made a mistake (Eric Millegan says the Fox website misspelled his character's name), or the writers just decided to rename the character, since she was only mentioned once last season... But they forget that we don't forget anything!
true, could be a misprint. but then again, it's Fox.

and boy howdy, do we *NOT* 4get anything! hehe

Andie: I'm kinda leaning towards his job being a factor. or, maybe his gambling problem...? hope they actually tell us instead of leaving it to *our* imaginations.
Angel2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kera he so is

ITA Francie. I hope so too. I'd just like to know it

But let's see what reasons we can think off:
Seeley's job was too demanding
Seeley's job was too dangerous (?)
Seeley's gambling problem

More suggestions/ideas?
Old 09-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Seeley's job was too dangerous (?)
Okay, I'd say his job might be a huge factor here, we don't know how long he's been with the FBI now, so maybe he was still with the military when they were together. I'm not going to say that his job as an FBI Agent is not dangerous, but I'd think that his previous job as an Ranger/Sniper was more dangerous.

Looking at all three points you made Andie, I'd say it is most likely that all of them came into the mix at one point. And that's what makes me even more curious what kept Rachel from marrying Booth .
Old 09-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Totally didn't think about the gambling problem... Good one, Francie!
That might be the reason, and the way for the writers to finally tell us more about it.
I would then understand why she didn't marry Booth: what pregnant woman would marry an addict (even if it isn't a drug, it's still an addiction)? Not the best home to raise a child...

Old 09-04-2006, 10:15 AM
MsJ
Part-Time Fan

The female attorney in "Man on Death Row" said that at one time Booth was a pretty angry guy. I have a feeling that we're going to find out that before Parker was born Booth had a lot of problems with PTSD, gambling, anger, etc., and that he cleaned up his act because he was afraid that he would not be able to have access to his son if he didn't. And also, maybe having his son made him want to be a better person for him. That's my take on the bits and pieces we know about Booth's past from comments that he and others have made.
MsJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

MsJ - Good ideas.

I definitely can't wait to find out more.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Totally didn't think about the gambling problem... Good one, Francie!
That might be the reason, and the way for the writers to finally tell us more about it.
I would then understand why she didn't marry Booth: what pregnant woman would marry an addict (even if it isn't a drug, it's still an addiction)? Not the best home to raise a child...
ty!

EXACTLY! that's why it came to my mind. we all know Booth's got the looks, the charm, the caring, and the love, (makes me him even more ), but if he had a BAD gambling problem, it'd make sense she wouldn't want to marry him. if I had to make an educated guess, maybe Parker was part of the reason he got help...

MsJ: yup, I can see it going that way, too. PTSD can be the cause of a lot of things, and if Booth had to deal with it after all he had been thru, makes complete sense to me.
Angel2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top