Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry for the delay, but I've added everyone to the list now

Quote:
Celebrities, eat your veggies

Kristen Bell and her Forgetting Sarah Marshall co-star Russell Brand have taken an early lead in the annual "World's Sexiest Vegetarian" survey, hosted by PETA.org. Other celebrities in the running include Emily Deschanel, Hayden Panettiere and Milo Ventimiglia. Past winners include Natalie Portman, Alicia Silverstone and Carrie Underwood.
Source
Old 05-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

Milo & Em! Thats awesome!
Old 05-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

^I voted for them
Old 05-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Extreme Fan

I voted for Em & Milo
Old 05-25-2008, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

I voted already
icon:jr24tw
Old 05-25-2008, 02:54 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyBaby (View Post)
I voted for Em & Milo
Me too!
Old 05-25-2008, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

Just voted

icon
Old 05-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaRaBonesPortugal (View Post)
^It's from Hot in Hollywood
Thanks

I voted too.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

this is my all time favorite picture of her at upfront

"ring ring hookah ring ring"
icon:lonely sidewalk
Old 05-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

i voted for emily and milo too : )

when did emily and eric singg??
i so want to see that videoooo

"ring ring hookah ring ring"
icon:lonely sidewalk
Old 05-26-2008, 02:03 AM
Elite Fan

God I voted for Em & Milo too!

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

ayebaybay Em and Eric sang 2 years ago on some charity event and I think they're going to sing again on August for the AIDS charity event
Old 05-26-2008, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

WOW, thanx for that, wywy Can't wait!

icon
Old 05-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Just bringing this over

Emily interview at Farm Sanctuary

Like an Everlasting Gobstopper’s infinite flavor or the Energizer Bunny’s will to keep going, Ecorazzi is unstoppable in our delivery of exclusive celebrity interviews from the 2008 Farm Sanctuary Gala. From Melissa and Swoosie to Rory, Russell and even Dennis, we’ve got the inside scoop on all things animal.

As the night continued I found my way over to the very stunning Emily Deschanel. I saw Emily two years ago at the Gala, but this was my first time saying hello. Truthfully, I have a wicked crush on her sister, Zooey, and I wanted my opening question to be: is your sister single? But I thought maybe that wouldn’t be the BEST way to start an interview with someone I’d never met. So I stayed professional and here’s what she had to say:

Parrish: Hey Emily! Well first off, I was so impressed when I found out you’ve been vegan for 16 years. Is that right?

Emily Deschanel: 15 or 16 years now. I’d have to count back. I’ll think about it and get back to you.

P: And I also learned that it was John Robbins’ Diet for a New America that did it for you?

ED: Yes! I went to a high school called Crossroads in Santa Monica and you know it was a very kinda socially conscious school to go to. And we had a day — I think they call it Forum Day — where they present different issues and we watched the documentary of Diet for a New America and then I read the book and immediately became vegetarian. And then two years later, or maybe a year and half, I became completely vegan.

P: And why are you here tonight celebrating Farm Sanctuary?

ED: It’s just such an amazing organization. I’ve really been involved with them for a few years now. I don’t know how long exactly. But I’ve been to the sanctuary. It’s just such an extraordinary organization because they work from so many different angles. I mean they have two sanctuaries – one on each coast. They also do so much for passing legislation for farm animals and education and advocacy. And I just think it’s such an important issue. You know there are 10 billion animals killed every year for food in inhumane ways. The number is so huge to me and we’d all be so much better off if we didn’t eat that and didn’t treat animals in that way. I think people just need to know more about it. It’s amazing to me how many people who’ve become aware of the situation start to eat less meat, less dairy and are starting to become vegan or vegetarian.

P: Exactly! It’s all about small steps. You don’t have to become a vegetarian tomorrow, but if everyone just took as many steps forward as they could the world would be such a better place.

ED: Right. It would make a huge difference! To have people give up one day a week of meat or if they could give up one meal of meat and dairy that would really change things. So I think just educating and advocating is the key here. Even if you believe that animals are there for us to eat, no one can agree with the way animals are treated before they’re killed. And the way they are treated is just not sustainable. People are just eating way too much meat and dairy!

P: You’re preaching to the choir! Well thanks for being here tonight and I look forward to talking to you again soon.

ED: Of course! Thank YOU!

Farm Sanctuary Gala Exclusive: Emily Deschanel Celebrates 16 Years Of Veganism // Archives // ecorazzi.com :: the latest in green gossip
Old 05-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks wywy