Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

I want goodman back
.."Here we are, all of us, basically alone, separate creatures, just circling each other, all searching for that slightest hint of a real connection. Some look in the wrong places, some they just give up hope because in their mind they're thinking "Oh there's nobody out there for me," but all of us, we keep trying over and over again..." Seeley Booth
If there is anyone ment to be together, it is Brennan & Booth
ayera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:05 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashinglySweet (View Post)
Globe, Tempe did say something about him being on leave. However, I forget what the time frame was for his sabbatical. Additionally, I was a bit preoccupied with my anger about Goodman being written out without a true reason.
First off, call me Nad please

I have to rewatch the season 2 premiere because I don't remember the time frame Tempe was talking about Anyways, Goodman has been gone too long IMO, I think they could at least mention him again

It would have been nice to get a reason why he was gone so suddenly, something like 'he took some time off to do some archealogical stuff' would have offered at least an explanation.

Oh well, my fingers for him to show up again
Old 03-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Nad, feel free to call me Ronika!

As I said before, I don't remember the time frame for Goodman's sabbatical, but I do believe that it should be up by now. IMO, he has been gone way too long. It is time for some Goodman love from the squint squad.

Nad, an explanation would have been nice! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for his return. Hopefully he shows up sooner rather than later.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Ronika, 'Goodman love for the Squint squad'? I like the sound of that

I haven't found the time to rewatch 2x01 yet, but I think they were talking about a few months It's time for him to come back or at least being mentioned by the squints.

Oh, I rewatched the pilote the other night and I'm still cracking up when Goodman tells Zach "Go and polish some bones, Mr Addy"
Old 03-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashinglySweet (View Post)
I hope Goodman comes back! I really miss him.

Globe, Tempe did say something about him being on leave. However, I forget what the time frame was for his sabbatical. Additionally, I was a bit preoccupied with my anger about Goodman being written out without a true reason.

BuffyandSpike, I wish Cam would go away, but I don't think the writers are going that way. For some reason they believe that Cam ties better into the storylines than Goodman. Personally, I think they are crazy!
Call me Nikki.

-Yeah I think they're crazy too. I didn't like Cam the moment she came on the show. I was like...where the hell is Goodman??? I want GOODMAN!!! Then they freakin' said she was gonna stay there as a regular and not just a temporary 1 or 2 episode guest. I was pissed.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Nikki, please call me Ronika!

I pretty much detest Cam. I don't know if it's the character or the actress that I don't like. I think Cam as a character is like an unwanted appendage to the squint squad and the actress who plays her really has no chemistry with the rest of the cast. Her background, in my opinion, doesn't really add any additional depth to the show. Most of the times she just agrees or adds to what others have already said.

I miss Goodman so much! No matter what he did, he always brought a new persepctive to the situation and had amazing chemistry with the cast. TPTB are idiots...Goodman still had a lot left to offer the show and JA is such a great actor that any scene he is in is great. It doesn't hurt that I love to listen to him talk.

Nad, glad you loved the "love from the squint squad" quote. As for that scene from 2.1, I love it to. Oh, what I would give for more Goodman/Zach scenes, Goodman/Tempe, and Goodman/Booth scenes. Who I am kidding, Goodman with an inanimate object would still be appealing to me.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

Ronika...

Yeah I deffinately hate Cam but I wouldn't really be quick to judge the actress because you never really know what she's really like. But the way they wrote the character was just kinda blah!!! Here Seeley reads her book right away while Cam just blows it off just cause' she can't handle the freakin' gore. Seeley deals with it too and yet he still had time to read Bones's book!!! I bet Goodman read it.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Nikki, I bet Goodman did read the book. He probably even sent her his thoughts on the book along with a gift basket in a scene the writers felt we did not need to see.

I really don't have any problem with the actress that plays Cam. She seems like a nice, sweet person. However, she just does not have the chemistry with the cast that JA had. It also does not help that her character, as you put it, is "kinda blah". IMO, Dr. Goodman is like a princess cut diamond and Cam is like cubic zirconia.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

Am I on this list? 'Cause if not then I should be!

I think it's pretty clear I miss Goodman... and if it's not clear, just look at my Bones fics... No sabattical there *shakes head* Nope
Starfield_Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie (View Post)
Am I on this list? 'Cause if not then I should be!

I think it's pretty clear I miss Goodman... and if it's not clear, just look at my Bones fics... No sabattical there *shakes head* Nope
And that's the way it should be!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Loyal Fan

After watching this week's episode, I once again felt the gap left by the absence of Goodman. While Cam has skills that can be helpful and did provide valuable information in this episode, she just does not mesh well with the squint squad. I had hoped she would grow on me, but she is still detracting from the joy of watching Bones for me. I want Dr. Goodman back!
Old 03-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

Me too!! This eppy she completely put down Zack and Hodgins. I was like. They were just trying to help!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Loyal Fan

I think Cam, despite Booth's advice, simply does not care about the squint squad. In each episode it seems like she underestimates their ability in favor of her own, which, IMO, is sadly lacking. Dr. Goodman needs to come back and let Cam know who really is in charge.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Agreed

Luc Bourdon: Feb 16/87 - May 29/08: Forever a Canuck
jayne190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish he'd come back too I think Cam had her purpose, to be an obstacle for B/B but now it's about time we 'good old Goodman' back because the viewers miss his Afro American voice and face on the tv screens

Are there any rumors about him coming back?