Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008, 06:31 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

David/Emily Friendship Appreciation #20: Because they're always joking around

<<< Not every day comes along two co-stars who not only sparkle together on the screen, but also off. Welcome to the thread dedicated to probably the cutest friendship in the world between David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel. Let us tell you: You can't fake chemistry this good! >>>

1. kiara99 (Es)
  2. globe2912 (Nad)
  3. -Andie-
  4. ~lipstick
  5. Angel2005 (Francie)
  6. Summy
  7. Shauna
  8. hockeymom19
  9. Wildfire Girl (Karen)
  10. bones_em_temp (Sara)
  11. _virgo_ (Aroa)
  12. ***Liz***
  13. AmericanDirrty
  14. DavidDominic4Ever
  15. TheMovieGrrl
  16. KerBear
  17. blessingcurse_calling
  18. Labyrith
  19. hailey SHAKE IT.
  20. readingissexy
  21. Playing The Angel (Sam)
  22. fan110680 (Court)
  23. SleepDeprived
  24. chittychitty
  25. tjgraham91
  26. Playskate (Kate)
  27. courtneymudie7
  28. bones_gal_92
  29. rach_luvs_bones
  30. silver reflection (Chloe)
  31. Michelle Dessler (Ju)
  32. LittleWillow
  33. Heidielle
  34. jayne190
  35. FishNGirl (Manu)
  36. Vote_SWC (Jess)
  37. LoVefan00125
  38. GracieLou
  39. Ninfa_LostMD (Ninfa)
  40. *_RuBy_*
  41. K.Corinne (Kristen)
  42. cwerner
  43. LUBY GIRL
  44. Dreamer~Candy4eva (Emma)
  45. SaRaBonesPortugal (Sara)
  46. BoneLady (Claudia)
  47. PamBeesly
  48. hohes_C (Anja)
  49. MarstersAngel
  50. LonelyHeartsClubMember (Meredith)
  51. foreverwood42 (Katie)
  52. rach3
  53. *Miranda*
  54. *CountessCourts* (Courtney)
  55. Ssamaltha
  56. LostForJate
  57. vannya
  58. flanmaja (Veronika)
  59. Semperance (Jessy)
  60. ::mavie::
  61. Motoko Ayoama (Lisa)
  62. courtney921 (Courtney)
  63. fabulous (Lola)
  64. SilviahPaulian
  65. Anny86 (Anna)
  66. *Mrs.Dusick*
  67. Blue_Nintsu
  68. halo112436
  69. hungry4chocolate
  70. MelBelle2
  71. carolilly
  72. Shadow12
  73. Shannon
  74. sethamgal@hotmail.com
  75. likeiluvJ/D
  76. Gemma24 (Steffi)
  77. swadde
  78. JLarah (Joana)
  79. Lisa07
  80. Latiatia2a
  81. xBeccax
  82. ayebaybay
  83. Dansk
  84. haykris
  85. innocent_chick
  86. newbie_Luby
  87. Moth.Flame
If you would like to be added just ask

• Because their chemistry is UNDENIABLE.
  • Because they sparkle together on the screen and off the screen.
  • Because they are a twosome of utter cuteness!
  • Because they are BB shippers!!
  • Because they meet on the weekends to work on their scenes.
  • Because he’s a wonderful friend.
  • Because they interact like they’ve been working together forever.
  • Because they challenge each other as characters and actors everyday.
  • Because when she first met him it just “felt right”.
  • Because his hand is always around her waist.
  • Because when he looks into her eyes he observes many, many moons.
  • Because David kisses her all the time.
  • Because she says he's like a little child.
  • Because he makes fun of her constantly.
  • Because he loves being around Emily.
  • Because he missed her during the season 1 hiatus.
  • Because she always blushes when he tries to kiss her.
  • Because David likes Emily when she wears her hair down
  • Because there’s this sexual chemistry, it’s like Barry White
  • Because David stares at Emily's eyes and it's like the galaxy
  • Because Emily kissed David once, on the cheek
  • Because David looks into Emily's eyes and sees nothing but deep blue seas .... and cashmere sweaters
  • Because David just loves looking at her
  • Because she’s a little bit country, and David is a little bit rock and roll
  • Because she believes their characters are meant to be it with each other
  • Because she can feel it right now, with David, electrifying …
  • Because she influences David
  • Because David’s son says she’s his girlfriend
  • Because her mouth was really dry, and David got that cleared up for her
  • Because David and Emily fist bump
  • Because David has that effect on her, and she's so cute
  • Because they kissed and it was HOT!
  • Because thanks to them, bumping fists became the cutest thing in the world!
  • TMM

Emily on David - "One time I burst into tears, David took me outside and asked, "What's going on with you?" and then really listened to my answer. He's a wonderful friend."

David on Emily - "I like when Emily has her hair down cause she's so pretty."

Emily: “David jokes around so much and plays jokes on us. You can't believe anything that comes out of his mouth, I have realized!”

David: “I love being around Emily. I miss her. I miss-“
Emily: “You can’t help yourself.”
David: “I can’t. When we left the first season I was -”
Emily: “He was-“
David: “Departed”
Emily: “He spiraled into a depression”
David: “Bad. And now I feel myself back in it with her. And I love doing scenes with her.”

David:
“You’ll see the two of us just get closer and closer, and it’s exciting to see that.”

Emily: “I think that when somebody, when people really have a connection with each other, they change each other. You become a different person, hopefully a better person, because of it.”

Emily: “I think it’s just another confirmation that Booth and Brennan you know are kinda meant to be together.
David: “Love. Lots of love.”

Emily:
"You’re a ‘guy’s guy’."

David:
"I mean this sexual chemistry - it’s like Barry White [laughter from both]. You know what I’m saying? This is like Marvin Gaye, ‘Let’s Get It On,’ but I’m trying to blow up those string balloons and you just can’t get it."

David on Emily: “I stare at Emily's eyes and it's like the galaxy. I just watch and observe many, many moons.”

Emily on David:
"David is the first to protect everybody."

Emily on Booth & Brennan: "I think that they belong with each other, but it's more interesting to watch us dance around our attractions. They have to figure out some things before they are really meant to be with each other."

Emily:
“David kisses me all the time.”
David: “We were doing a scene and I kissed her at the end, and she turned bright red.”
Emily: “He tries to kiss me all the time as a joke, because he knows it makes me very uncomfortable. He kissed me now like twice at the end of a scene.”
David: “And she kissed me once!”
Emily: “On the cheek.”
David: “It was pretty agressive. You should see when she makes out with her other boyfriends.”
Emily: “He gets jealous when I have love interests. I'm turning bright red now.”

Emily: "He told her (Cam) that he couldn't date people he works with, so what else am I supposed to do but ... go to someone else? I can't date you!"
David: "Well I didn't really say that you date me but we could possibly you know go out for like maybe dinner" (talking over her)
Emily: "You did say that. You said you weren't going to date someone you work with" (over him)
David: "I never said that!" (talking over each other)
Emily: "Yes you did. Like two episodes ago!"
David: "That's so wrong."

David: "You know, she's changing the sheets and I'm not. I'm in therapy. Big difference. Okay? That's the big difference."
Emily: "I don't even know what that means."

David on Emily: "It's a fantasic journey. I look into Emily's eyes and I see nothing but deep blue seas .... and cashmere sweaters ..."

Emily: "Neverending love ..."
David: "Neverending love"

David: <after interviewer wants to talk about Bones instead of the bantering> But this is our relationship, which is great. Because umour relationship on the show is -it coexists with conflict, as you can see, and we like to bring that to the table.

Emily: I think we were left at the altar and I said 'what do we do now' and I looked at him -
David: <over Emily> See, see look at her, I just love looking at her
Emily <over David> and I asked him that question.
David: It's dangerous. It's exciting. It's like - it's like being on a rollercoaster the first time
Emily: But -
David: Dangerous. And you - you can feel it going up do do do do and then this amazing
Emily: And you know it's going to drop
David: You know it's going to drop
Emily: But you don't know when
David <over Emily>: But you don't know where the thrills and turns are - that's the love of the female!

David on Booth and Brennan She's a little bit country. I'm a little bit rock-and-roll. You flirt with that and maintain that as much as you can.

Emily: (about David on Bones) “He is so much fun. He really keeps the set light and fun. I think the crew is happy to be there because of him.”

David on Bones and Booth - "Yeah, of course I am...you know kinda messing with my girl back there...you know *my* Bones....movin' in on *my* Bones..."

David on Booth and Bones - "God, we love each other...we could just take our clothes off right there and do it against the wall...but that would stop the show..."

Emily on David: "He tries to kiss me every day. See, he’s going to try …"

David on Emily: "You know our lips are connecting in every scene, subconsciously."

David: "It’s fun to watch these two characters develop into that flirting and the struggles and the conflicts and the having fun with each other and the poking. I mean, I think that’s better than the actual deed. To be honest with you, I think -"
Emily: "What do you mean by the actual deed?"
David: "When we lay down and I got, when I - when Booth has got Bones!"

Emily: "These are two characters, I’m going to take the high road. That I believe are meant to … beat it with each other."
David: "Beat it? Oh my!"

Announcer: "There was an attempt at a hookup?"
David and Emily: (over each other) "Well, no, never no!"
Emily: "Never outwardly."
David: "Now it’s all inward, isn’t it?"

Emily: "Chemistry?"
David: "You think we have some?"
Emily: "I don’t know. I can feel it right now."
David: "Electrifying."

David on Brennan: "Well, uh, the way you build, you just go babe! You just GO!"

David: Oh, it's aaalways about our relationship. I really think I should be interviewing her. Emily, I've got a question for you.
Emily: What's it like to work with sizzlin' hot David Boreanaz?
David: Yeah, what happens when you come into the presence of Booth?
Emily: I'm amazed that I can remain conscious. It's amazing I don't faint.

Emily: It does! I think I've been influenced by you.
David: She influences me.

David: There's no books, no romance, no tension, no conflict! There's only just the two of us -- and we start from there, really, and then all of the sudden it evolves.'

David on first meeting Emily: This chick's got moxie!

David: ... putting these two characters in situations where they feel uncomfortable—they think they know what they're doing, but they really don't—and then they pick each other up when they really do know what they're doing.
Emily: Pick you up, like, at a bar? Pick me up, carry me around?
David: Over the moon!
Emily: What? Okay, I'm going to learn from you, I'm going to speak in metaphor.
David: See, that's good, she picks up on the stuff that I say.
Emily: So, in metaphor, season two was the trampoline, and season three is going to be us flying through the air.

David on Emily: Emily and I have a great working relationship. You know, we don’t stop it on the weekends. We take time out of our lives in order to keep that chemistry alive and different and challenging for us to go after. We’re in constant contact and we talk to each other. You know, it, when you have somebody who is that other kind of half for you in a show like this, it makes it easier when the two of you are in sync with you know the work and you have the same kind of outlook on it.

David on Emily: And uh, you know, she uh, my son Jaden who’s five, says Emily’s <his> girlfriend, so Emily’s very proud of that.

David: But underneath of this nerd costume could be something but you’ll have to wait for the episode to see what that is ha ha
Emily: I love nerds. He’s never been more attractive to me.
David: It’s the glasses
Emily: I’m serious. I love the glasses – that – he has never been more attractive to me.
David: See <takes glasses off>
Emily: No big deal
David: <puts glasses back on> But now watch …
<Share a sexy smile>

Interviewer: Ask David which co-star was fun to work with and who's hotter Buffy or the bird from Bones <David laughs> Because he means Brennan.
David: Hey!
Interviewer: That's a popular phrase we use, like 'chap'
David: The bird. I think both of the birds were actually fantastic to work with, you know. I mean, each had their own special qualities, and each had their... both trance in their eyes. And pull me in, you know. Right now, I mean, Emily is just a fantastic woman, so I'd have to go with Emily.
Interviewer: Right, but if it was a kind of blind date night, and you'd walk in and you've never seen them before –
David <without letting him finish>: Emily!

Interviewer: Can you ask David if it was hard working with Brennan dressed up as Wonder Woman?
David: Oh!
Interviewer: I’ll rephrase that. Can you ask David if it was difficult working with Brennan -
<David starts laughing>
Interviewer: - dressed up as Wonder Woman
David: Oh it was both, baby. Let me tell you something.
<Interviewer laughs>
David: It was incredibly outstanding to uh be to partake in the wonder woman outfit. Uh, it was, uh, you know, the shields were up, those bracelets were stopping those magical bullets all over the place.

David: I jumped on my costar Emily and I jumped on the crew...in a different way...

David <on Emily> : Emily has a great sense of humour. She’s extremely dedicated to the character and her work is great. She’s very humble and she keeps me humble. She’s a joy and she doesn’t take things personally. We fought twice on the set and then we made up. We don’t hold grudges and when you work so close and for such long hours on a drama, you become a family.

David <on Emily> : There’s definitely a connection between the two of us, which helps the chemistry on the show.

David: We had our first kiss. It was in the Christmas episode under the mistletoe, which was great. <crowd laughs> I – it was tough being at work that day. I enjoyed it.

David: It was great. She did a fantastic job. You know, we worked on it beforehand and it’s tough to – when you –
Emily: He gave me notes.
David: I gave her notes.
Emily <singing notes, low to high> Me me me me me
David laughs, tries talking: We worked -
Emily: me me me me …. Give me notes now.
David: No, I’m not giving you notes right now! Later. See, we – we had this uh – we worked before we actually shot this episode. And we come to find out people’s insecurities through living life richer fuller –
Emily: Are you trying to say that I have insecurities about singing in public?
David: I know I do. I tried singing – I
Emily: I – he tried to make me feel better. He sang before hand.
David: I belted it out.

Emily: I like working at FOX ... uh I don't know what I like - I guess 'cuz I get to work with bones and dead bodies all day and that's -
David <interupting, mumbling "wait a minute, or what about or something" : Don't you like working at FOX 'cuz you get to kiss David Boreanaz?
Emily: Not - not really.

David on Booth and Brennan: Because their love story grows with each moment

Interviewer: How do you get chemistry?
David: You know, it's just... It's ingrained. You're just lucky with it. You know, you're fortunate to have a co-star like Emily. The two of us just kind of bonded and it just started like that. I mean, there's not really a formula for it, it's just consistent...
Interviewer: Is there an attraction?
David: There's is an attraction that happens with it. But there's also a respect and a responsibility as a leading man in order to take care of your co-star.
Interviewer: Oh, that's so cool isn't it?
David: You know, you have to take care of her and you have to give her whatever she needs. Or wants!

About David & Emily:
"There's so much sexual tension between David and Emily that you don't have to write it into the script." ~ Creator Hart Hanson

“The show is full of surprises, and the biggest surprise is the chemistry between Boreanez and Deschanel—they're Tracy and Hepburn as modern crime fighters and the subtleties, the layers—they slay me every time." ~ DVDVerdict.com

"Yeah, it’s [The series lives and dies by the two main characters that are weekly at odds with one another while always maintaining a level of sexual tension] been done before but Deschanel and Boreanaz do it better than most." - IFMagazine Reviewer Peter Brown

Ann Craig (FOX announcer) on David and Emily: If sexual tension was illegal, these two would be locked up.

Kristen on David and Emily: I'm telling you, these two are lightning in a bottle!

Kristen: ".... when David Boreanaz walks into the room, lights up like a lamp at the sight of his costar [Emily] and does my job for me, all while I sit back, relax and take in the sizzlin', swoon-worthy hotness."

And off they go, two crazy corpsekickers -- a she-geek and a culture freak -- pushing each other's boundaries just enough to see what makes each other tick.

Hart Hanson:
"David had another actress he liked, that he thought should be the lead. David's a very strong-willed man. So he... I wouldn't say sabotage... he challenged Emily to rise to the occasion by advancing on her.
David's about 6'1", and about 200 lbs of shoulders with pecs attached, and the package and knees very, very... he's a guy... And he advanced on her in the network test. And Emily stepped into it. She stepped right toward him. And then they had one of the exchanges that we used in the pilot. And it was when even a thick-head like me went "whoa."

YouTube - David Boreanaz on Fox and Friends 05.16.07
YouTube - DB and ED on ET Canada | sendspace link
YouTube - Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Interview from OS
YouTube - Emily & David Interview on FOX NY | sendspace link
YouTube - David Borenaz and Emily Deschanel at E! about Bones season 2
YouTube - MyFox Atlanta interview w/ Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz | MyFox Atlanta Link
MyFox Boston | Behind the Scenes With 'Bones' Stars
MyFox Twin Cities | The Stars of 'Bones'
MyFox Tampa Bay | Chemistry down to the 'Bones'!
MyFox Austin | 'Bones' Stars Talk About Hit Series
Watch with Kristin / David and Emily on Season 3 Predictions
David Emily Introduce Kelly Clarkson at TCA 2007
MyFox Los Angeles | Visiting "Bones" With David & Emily
Boreanaz Deschanel S3 Interview | MEGAVIDEO DE Interview (Fake Kiss)
DB Radio Interview S3
S3 David Emily FOX Interview
MEGAVIDEO - Behind the Scenes of 3x05 or download here
David Emily Kiss Interview
FOX Website: Deleted Behind the Scenes of Kiss - YouTube - Prelude to the Kiss - Extended Scene
David Radio Interview

YouTube – Paley Discussion: Making Babies
YouTube – Paley Discussion: David tries to kiss Emily
YouTube – Paley Discussion: David embraces all females
Paley Panel - "Hot Steamy Kiss" talk

-------------------------------------------

Icons

by Andie, Karen, Vroni

Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Absolute Fan

thanks for the new thread

BB / Demily
Samcedes / Rileystreet
Spoby / Troian&Keegan
Old 09-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread

I can't think of any good title ideas atm lol
Old 09-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Are the images not showing for anyone else? Or is it just my computer being difficult?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not your computer. Or it's mine to.

Strange.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

... should be working now
Old 09-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess it does.

What about a title for the thread?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Extreme Fan

...because they gotta do what they gotta do

It's just from what David said "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" because that made me laugh
Old 09-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's funny Kim.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyBaby (View Post)
...because they gotta do what they gotta do

It's just from what David said "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" because that made me laugh
yeah that's a good title.

David was so funny when he said that
Old 09-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!!

Yay for 20 threads!
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 09-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the new thread.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Nad
Old 09-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

love the title ... and it is SO TRUE!
Old 09-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great title.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top