New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I agree that ep was quite difficult to watch and it was brutal, so I can understand why some fans wouldn't want to re-watch it again, but it needed to happen, it was a necessary ep in order for Brennan's character to evolve. And I think knowing the fate of Booth's relationship with Hannah and that Booth & Brennan will eventually be together, makes the ep slightly easier to watch when we already know the outcome.

I think Booth & Brennan fell in love with each other much earlier than some people might think, I think the seeds of their feelings for each other was planted from the very beginning and it gradually blossomed throughout the course of the first 6 seasons before they finally got together in season 7. It just took a long time for them to finally realise and acknowledge their true feelings for each other
I agree with you, I think their relationship was starting to blossom right from the pilot. I think they always had feelings for each other but it was Booth that realized it first.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bones

Yes, it was sad to see Brennan so sad but that episode was the turning point in Booth and Brennan's relationship.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LI Champions
Ms Cyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

It really propelled them forward so to speak.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I agree with you, I think their relationship was starting to blossom right from the pilot. I think they always had feelings for each other but it was Booth that realized it first.

yes, from the very first moment they met each other they had that instant attraction towards each other and sexual tension and chemistry

Last edited by LindaL100; 06-06-2018 at 10:17 AM
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bones

Quote:
It really propelled them forward so to speak.
Yes it did. Booth needed to know that Brennan finally was ready. Even if he was with Brennan knowing how Brennan felt definitely meant something to him.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

Quote:
yes, from the very first moment they met each other they had that instant attraction towards each other and sexual tension and chemistry
That gun range scene comes to mind!
Old 06-08-2018, 07:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That gun range scene comes to mind!
oh they met long before that, remember the pilot episode took place about 1 year after they actually first met, they had so much sexual tension from the start and the attraction between them was instant, remember their first kiss together in the rain just shortly after they met for the first time while they were working on their first ever case together?

and while we are on the subject of B&B kisses, here's more
Old 06-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

Oh I know they met before the pilot. I meant from the first episode we actually saw them on screen they had chemistry.

Those kisses are great.

Last edited by msstock87; 06-11-2018 at 09:28 PM
Old 06-12-2018, 10:43 PM
Loyal Fan

oh yes definitely, from the first moment we saw them together on-screen the chemistry was instant!

I've been re-watching Bones lately and I'm currently on season 2, I just watched the ep when Brennan broke up with Sully and he left to sail to the Caribbean, I love the fact that Brennan stayed, even though Sully wanted her to go with him even for just a year. Even Angela was trying to urge her to go with Sully for a year, but in the end she still refused to go, she told Sully she "wanted" to go but for some reason she couldn't, or she actually did NOT want to go after all, she didn't understand why she didn't want to go. I mean, as a forensic anthropologist she's travelled the world and has done archaeological digs and humanitarian work and studying different cultures in so many different countries all around the world, and often she would stay for months or years on a mission, so why wouldn't she go to the Caribbean for a year with Sully? There were some speculations as to why she didn't go, and then at the very end of the episode when Booth & Brennan were at the Royal Diner with Gordon Gordon, and he pointed out to them that the reason Brennan chose to stay was because of Booth outwardly Brennan said she did not want to leave her work, and she thought that was the reason why she didn't want to go, but the REAL reason she didn't go was because she did not want to leave Booth And I love their reactions to Gordon's revelations, they looked confused but also surprised, and this was way back in season 2, but I think Booth & Brennan fell in love with each other way before then from the beginning Booth have always been extremely protective and supportive of Brennan, and even though on the surface it seemed like Booth was supportive of Brennan's relationship with Sully, but it was very obvious that he was jealous of their relationship. And somewhere along the way she subconsciously gradually fell in love with Booth too, and that's why she did not want to go to the Caribbean with Sully. And I think deep down Sully also saw the deep connection between Booth & Brennan and he had his suspicions, which he confirmed when he returned in S12, he said to Brennan "I knew you still wouldn't choose me", which proves that he had suspected that Brennan was in love with Booth and will always choose him, and in the end she did afterall It took so long for B&B to realise their true feelings for each other

It's without a doubt that Booth is THE great love of Brennan's life, and vise versa, none of their other relationships even came close to the love and relationship that B&B have even though they both separately have had significant relationships in the past, Booth with Rebecca and Hannah, and Brennan with Sully, but still there is no comparison, these relationships never even came close to being as powerful and significant as B&B!

Last edited by LindaL100; 06-15-2018 at 02:56 AM
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bones

A rewatch sounds like a great idea. Brennan definitely didn't leave because of Booth. She definitely cared for Sully but she always knew that Booth was the one she loved. You could always tell they were the love of each other's lives. They could never make a relationship work with anyone else even though they tried. Sweets knew that.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

They could never make another relationship work because they were in love with each other. They may have cared about Sully, Hannah, etc but they were each other's true love.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:00 AM
Loyal Fan

very true, they were each other's true loves!

even from the beginning there was so much sexual attraction and chemistry between them, they were meant to be together just watch the magic between them in this scene

Old 06-14-2018, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh yes definitely, from the first moment we saw them together on-screen the chemistry was instant!

I've been re-watching Bones lately and I'm currently on season 2, I just watched the ep when Brennan broke up with Sully and he left to sail to the Caribbean, I love the fact that Brennan stayed, even though Sully wanted her to go with him even for just a year. Even Angela was trying to urge her to go with Sully for a year, but in the end she still refused to go, she told Sully she "wanted" to go but for some reason she couldn't, or she actually did NOT want to go after all, she didn't understand why she didn't want to go. I mean, as a forensic anthropologist she's travelled the world and has done archaeological digs and humanitarian work and studying different cultures in so many different countries all around the world, and often she would stay for months or years on a mission, so why wouldn't she go to the Caribbean for a year with Sully? There were some speculations as to why she didn't go, and then at the very end of the episode when Booth & Brennan were at the Royal Diner with Stephen Fry, and Fry pointed out to them that the reason Brennan chose to stay was because of Booth outwardly Brennan said she did not want to leave her work, and she thought that was the reason why she didn't want to go, but the REAL reason she didn't go was because she did not want to leave Booth And I love their reactions to Fry's revelations, they looked confused but also surprised, and this was way back in season 2, but I think Booth & Brennan fell in love with each other way before then from the beginning Booth have always been extremely protective and supportive of Brennan, and even though on the surface it seemed like Booth was supportive of Brennan's relationship with Sully, but it was very obvious that he was jealous of their relationship. And somewhere along the way she subconsciously gradually fell in love with Booth too, and that's why she did not want to go to the Caribbean with Sully. And I think deep down Sully also saw the deep connection between Booth & Brennan and he had his suspicions, which he confirmed when he returned in S12, he said to Brennan "I knew you still wouldn't choose me", which proves that he had suspected that Brennan was in love with Booth and will always choose him, and in the end she did afterall It took so long for B&B to realise their true feelings for each other
Yeah, they definitely give the impression that it was Booth she didn't want to leave. Of course Sully came at a point where she was discovering a new seperate side part of her love of anthropology. She and Booth were newly investigating cases. She wasn't burnt yet. If he had come years later, when she went on her hiatus... she was truly burnt out then. But the Sully time. While she did connect with Sully. She was too invested in her life, and Booth to really be successful in leaving. If she had left, she would have come back pretty quickly. I think Sully knew it, and the show was blantant about it... when she says good-bye... she does the classic turn and sees Booth waiting for their, to help pick up the pieces...

And the shout out that "eventually it will happens... " The first true message to fans.

And the show addresses that question in the aftermath of Sully, and how unsettled they were together... in their partnership. Angela figured it was that Brennan didn't want to leave Booth, and had a interesting conversation with Dr. Wyatt (Gordon Gordon). But neither were ready to go there yet...

Quote:
It's without a doubt that Booth is THE great love of Brennan's life, and vise versa, none of their other relationships even came close to the love and relationship that B&B have even though they both separately have had significant relationships in the past, Booth with Rebecca and Hannah, and Brennan with Sully, but still there is no comparison, these relationships never even came close to being as powerful and significant as B&B!
It was interesting. I have been doing my rewatch... I am about to start Season 11. And seeing Booth's mother again, and her reunion with her son. It made me see his taste in woman... directly comes from his mother... While he truly wanted to settle down and have more children after Parker... And yet, he couldn't find that woman...

He seemed to go for woman who couldn't make the final committment. Rebecca was too young. It did see like she had regrets it didn't work, but knew they missed their moment. But they would always share Parker. Cam, not in the frame of mind to really want a future and she also knew Brennan was too connected to him. And he didn't look at Cam as a future...

And then Hannah. He pushed and pushed to make it work. She was upfront that she didn't see a future, but she gave mixed signals by moving in. But she was a woman still too interested in her career...

And of course Brennan, for many years she was the ultimate career woman, who wasn't willing to settle down. But their love was too much to deny, and eventually she came to a point where they managed to make it work. And yes, they were each other's greatest loves. No one could match the other for Booth and Brennan.

But his quest for woman seemed be instilled in him by his mother... And where his issues came with women, and who he was trying to find.

He luckily was able to find the woman. And fortunately he found Brennan.
Jasper1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

I think when Booth says "everything happens eventually" that was a huge hint. I loved that he was on the dock waiting for her when Sully took off. Who else would have been there for her?
Old 06-15-2018, 04:02 AM
Loyal Fan

there were definitely a lot of innuendos in the ep that implied that Brennan chose to stay because of her relationship and feelings for Booth, the signs were obvious to Angela, Sweets and Gordon Gordon and even Sully himself. That scene towards the end at the boat dock when Brennan bid goodbye to Sully as he sailed off and she turned around and saw Booth standing at the dock waiting for her, that scene was so beautiful shot, and I felt it was a very symbolic scene. Even though Booth & Brennan were not officially together as a couple at that time and both were still unsure about their true feelings for each other back then, but considering that ep was filled with so much innuendos and hints implying that Brennan did not want to go to the Caribbean because of Booth, I think the scene at the dock with both men on either side of Brennan, she broke up with Sully and said goodbye to him and then walked into the comforting arms of Booth, signified that she chose Booth and at the end of the ep Brennan's feelings and her choice was confirmed by Gordon Gordon at the Royal Diner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
It was interesting. I have been doing my rewatch... I am about to start Season 11. And seeing Booth's mother again, and her reunion with her son. It made me see his taste in woman... directly comes from his mother... While he truly wanted to settle down and have more children after Parker... And yet, he couldn't find that woman...

He seemed to go for woman who couldn't make the final committment. Rebecca was too young. It did see like she had regrets it didn't work, but knew they missed their moment. But they would always share Parker. Cam, not in the frame of mind to really want a future and she also knew Brennan was too connected to him. And he didn't look at Cam as a future...

And then Hannah. He pushed and pushed to make it work. She was upfront that she didn't see a future, but she gave mixed signals by moving in. But she was a woman still too interested in her career...

And of course Brennan, for many years she was the ultimate career woman, who wasn't willing to settle down. But their love was too much to deny, and eventually she came to a point where they managed to make it work. And yes, they were each other's greatest loves. No one could match the other for Booth and Brennan.

But his quest for woman seemed be instilled in him by his mother... And where his issues came with women, and who he was trying to find.

He luckily was able to find the woman. And fortunately he found Brennan.
That's a really interesting assessment...even though I was always aware of the pattern of the sort of women that Booth was always attracted to and picked, they were all very successful career-driven women who were not keen on marriage. But I had never made the connection to Booth's mother before until you pointed it out, and now it's starting to make some sense to me as to his choice in women.

In many ways, Brennan was very much like all the other women Booth previously dated, they were all successful, highly intelligent and independent career-driven women, and like them, Brennan did not want to get married either, at least not at first. But I agree, Brennan's love for Booth was just too strong to ignore or suppress and she eventually relented and gave in to her love for Booth and her desire to start a family with him
Reply   Post New Thread