Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2018, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

It was such a turning point.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Loyal Fan

here's another one of my fav B&B kisses

LindaL100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bones

Aw I love that. What episode is that from?
New England Patriots Super Bowl LI Champions
Ms Cyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

I think it might be from that couple's retreat Roxy and Tony went to in one of the later seasons. I could be off... But I remember Booth and Brennan got romantic at the end of the episode.

I agree, there were plenty of times that Booth could have said the words. But he knew very well that you can't push Brennan. And look at what happened when he did say it in the 100th episode. He lost that chance, and if it had been done even earlier. Things might have gone even more badly than they did.

Brennan still needed time. She needed the hiatus. And then the wakeup call that Hannah provided. I loved how after that, they got closer and closer. And presto...

Makes me curious what they would have done to string it out if Emily hadn't gotten pregnant when she did. Although you could see them inching towards before, but still the pregnancy had a impact on the storyline.

And changed them forever. And the show I think became better for it, the fact they could look at Booth and Brennan from other angles.
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:22 AM
Loyal Fan

no that scene was actually from ep 10x1, it was during the time the team were investigating all the corruption in the FBI. That scene happened after Booth was cleared of murder and released from jail, on the same night he and Brennan made love and I think that was when they conceived their son Hank Jr

As for Emily's pregnancy...I remember Hart Hanson mentioned that he initially wanted to hold off hooking Booth & Brennan together for as long as possible, but Emily's pregnancy ultimately "forced" them to finally take that leap and hook them up on the show, because they really had no other choice, with Emily being pregnant, they had to write her pregnancy into the show and make Brennan pregnant with Booth's baby. But I think even if Emily wasn't pregnant in real-life at the time, B&B still would've become an official couple eventually because it was inevitable...however it probably would've taken them even longer to hook up than they actually did in the series. B&B got together at just the right time in the series, when they were both finally ready to commit to each other and take their relationship to the next step

Last edited by LindaL100; 05-29-2018 at 03:32 AM
Old 05-29-2018, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
no that scene was actually from ep 10x1, it was during the time the team were investigating all the corruption in the FBI. That scene happened after Booth was cleared of murder and released from jail, on the same night he and Brennan made love and I think that was when they conceived their son Hank Jr

As for Emily's pregnancy...I remember Hart Hanson mentioned that he initially wanted to hold off hooking Booth & Brennan together for as long as possible, but Emily's pregnancy ultimately "forced" them to finally take that leap and hook them up on the show, because they really had no other choice, with Emily being pregnant, they had to write her pregnancy into the show and make Brennan pregnant with Booth's baby. But I think even if Emily wasn't pregnant in real-life at the time, B&B still would've become an official couple eventually because it was inevitable...however it probably would've taken them even longer to hook up than they actually did in the series. B&B got together at just the right time in the series, when they were both finally ready to commit to each other and take their relationship to the next step
Hmm. I don't recall the scene. Maybe be it is one of the later scenes, so it's not on total recall yet LOL.

I think they would have gotten them together. As they gave all those hints that it would have happened eventually. Emily's pregnancy definitely pushed the trigger. They probably could have worked around it. Given she was due so early in the schedule. But it was obvious of course that Emily was pregnant, and so it would have been hard to shoot around given how intregal Brennan is to the main duo, and the show.

It's not like keeping Angela or Cam in the lab, and using the gurney's or camera angles to hide it.

I also think I read that they were going to sleep together that season. The question would be then, what did it mean. Sleeping together. Did it mean they would get together. Or would they hightale it away from each other, and try to fight it for longer...

But Emily's pregnancy made them have to write it in. And it opened up a lot of stories. You could go so long with them not getting together...

Especially with how they started writing them as far back as Doctor in the Photo when Brennan reveals her regrets. It did seem like they were finally making the decision to put them together.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

I think they still would have gotten them together in season 6/7 even if Emily wasn't pregnant, but they might have done the storyline different and maybe put it off a little bit.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Oh definitely. The baby allowed them into a situation neither was prepared for, and yet they were determined to do it together. Brennan could had her own place, and he have his place. And they co-parent. But when we saw them again, it was obvious they were together officially. Trying to figure out how to navigate their new situation. The baby allowed them a easy way to jump the final barrier to be together...

It was a interesting time to see how was going in the time before Christine's birth. I know why they had to time jump well into Brennan's pregnancy. Due to Emily's pregnancy. But I miss the fact that we didn't see the Jeffersonian's reaction. Most of all Brennan and Booth's Number#1 fans in Angela and Sweets.

So yeah, if there hadn't been a baby they might have gotten together... the question is whether it would have been just then. Or did they finally say, enough was enough. And they needed to put them together.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

I think by season 7 regardless enough was enough, they had danced around it for so long, it was obvious how they both felt. I felt it was the perfect time!
Old 05-31-2018, 12:36 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree with you both, it was just so inevitable for Booth & Brennan to hook up, we all knew it was going to happen whether Emily got pregnant or not, the real question was WHEN. I agree that even if Emily was't pregnant, they would've been together but the storyline would've been written differently, and it might have taken the couple longer to finally be together. The pregnancy probably prompted Hart Hanson and the writers to take that leap earlier than they had initially expected, but I think the couple got together at just the right time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Especially with how they started writing them as far back as Doctor in the Photo when Brennan reveals her regrets. It did seem like they were finally making the decision to put them together.
while we are on the subject of that particular episode, I actually really liked that ep even though some fans didn't like it and thought that ep was "humiliating" for Brennan, but I think that ep needed to happen. Because Brennan is such a strong and fiercely independent modern woman, before that ep Brennan was so independent and did not believe in true love, sure she had some relationships in the past but most of them were just casual sexual relationships that were meaningless to her...the only other significant boyfriend she ever had besides Booth was Sully, but even that relationship was short-lived and not even nearly as significant as her relationship with Booth is. But after that ep, while she was investigating the death of that doctor whose personality and life was so similar to Brennan's, it finally forced Brennan to really think about her choices in life. Their lives were so similar that Brennan drew parallels with her, like Brennan, the dead doctor was also very independent and career-driven that she barely had a personal life of her own, her whole life revolved around her work, and like Brennan, she also had a man in her life who loved her and wanted to be with her but she rejected him and in the end she became so lonely and miserable with her life that she tried to kill herself. Seeing the tragedy and loneliness of the victim's life finally forced Brennan to realise that she couldn't continue living her life the way that she had been living, she couldn't continue living her life with regrets, otherwise she would've ended up just like the victim, alone and suicidal. The victim's story was so confronting to Brennan that it finally made her reevaluate her own life and her outlook on love and relationships. That ep was the real wake up call, the epiphany that Brennan desperately needed and it provided some really good development for her character, that ep was the turning point in Brennan's life, and I think by helping Brennan change her choices and outlook on life, that experience in turn also helped her to change her attitude towards true love and she became more accepting of the concept of real love and having real meaningful romantic relationships. And I think that experience also contributed to Brennan's willingness to commit to a life with Booth, sure their baby played a huge role in that, but I think Brennan's change of perspective about love and relationships because of that experience played a very significant role too in preparing Brennan for the life that she was about to embark on with Booth and their baby. I think if Brennan had not had that confronting experience and epiphany, then she still would've had that stubborn and fiercely independent woman "I don't need a man in my life I am very happy alone" mentality, and she would not have been ready for a life with Booth and their baby...they probably wouldn't have become a couple and just co-parented their daughter as 2 parents living separately. Brennan finally accepted Booth's love and was ready to commit to him as a real couple and commit to a domestic life with him and their daughter as a family at that time because she had a change of heart, and it also made Brennan finally admit her love for Booth too
So I disagree with the people who think that ep was "humiliating" for Brennan, I think that ep needed to happen in order for Brennan's character to grow and evolve, like I said before, that ep was the real turning point in Brennan's life.

Last edited by LindaL100; 05-31-2018 at 12:49 AM
Old 05-31-2018, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I agree with you both, it was just so inevitable for Booth & Brennan to hook up, we all knew it was going to happen whether Emily got pregnant or not, the real question was WHEN. I agree that even if Emily was't pregnant, they would've been together but the storyline would've been written differently, and it might have taken the couple longer to finally be together. The pregnancy probably prompted Hart Hanson and the writers to take that leap earlier than they had initially expected, but I think the couple got together at just the right time
You could see the hints of tremendous progress between Booth and Brennan. Even before she would have been pregnant, and announced it to the show. So I think they would have slept together in the season finale. Hart even admitted to it. Then question whether did sex mean they were together. Or would they fight it some more. And it what did it mean for their partnership.

The pregnancy esclated the decision, and they decided to go for it. And went all the way, into the relationship with them as we saw them dealing with the arrival of the baby as it apprached, but also what it meant for them as a couple. It just all happened so quickly, and in a rush because the season was so short due to Emily's pregnancy.

Quote:
while we are on the subject of that particular episode, I actually really liked that ep even though some fans didn't like it and thought that ep was "humiliating" for Brennan, but I think that ep needed to happen. Because Brennan is such a strong and fiercely independent modern woman, before that ep Brennan was so independent and did not believe in true love, sure she had some relationships in the past but most of them were just casual sexual relationships that were meaningless to her...the only other significant boyfriend she ever had besides Booth was Sully, but even that relationship was short-lived and not even nearly as significant as her relationship with Booth is. But after that ep, while she was investigating the death of that doctor whose personality and life was so similar to Brennan's, it finally forced Brennan to really think about her choices in life. Their lives were so similar that Brennan drew parallels with her, like Brennan, the dead doctor was also very independent and career-driven that she barely had a personal life of her own, her whole life revolved around her work, and like Brennan, she also had a man in her life who loved her and wanted to be with her but she rejected him and in the end she became so lonely and miserable with her life that she tried to kill herself. Seeing the tragedy and loneliness of the victim's life finally forced Brennan to realise that she couldn't continue living her life the way that she had been living, she couldn't continue living her life with regrets, otherwise she would've ended up just like the victim, alone and suicidal. The victim's story was so confronting to Brennan that it finally made her reevaluate her own life and her outlook on love and relationships. That ep was the real wake up call, the epiphany that Brennan desperately needed and it provided some really good development for her character, that ep was the turning point in Brennan's life, and I think by helping Brennan change her choices and outlook on life, that experience in turn also helped her to change her attitude towards true love and she became more accepting of the concept of real love and having real meaningful romantic relationships. And I think that experience also contributed to Brennan's willingness to commit to a life with Booth, sure their baby played a huge role in that, but I think Brennan's change of perspective about love and relationships because of that experience played a very significant role too in preparing Brennan for the life that she was about to embark on with Booth and their baby. I think if Brennan had not had that confronting experience and epiphany, then she still would've had that stubborn and fiercely independent woman "I don't need a man in my life I am very happy alone" mentality, and she would not have been ready for a life with Booth and their baby...they probably wouldn't have become a couple and just co-parented their daughter as 2 parents living separately. Brennan finally accepted Booth's love and was ready to commit to him as a real couple and commit to a domestic life with him and their daughter as a family at that time because she had a change of heart, and it also made Brennan finally admit her love for Booth too
So I disagree with the people who think that ep was "humiliating" for Brennan, I think that ep needed to happen in order for Brennan's character to grow and evolve, like I said before, that ep was the real turning point in Brennan's life.
I love the episode. Even though it truly hurts to see Booth back away from her ephiphany. Because of Hannah. But she needed to say it. And it was actually coming since the hiatus. She came back from those eight months away with eyes opened, and unfortunately Booth had moved on and she had to watch the fact she might have given up the best thing for her...

So "Doctor in the Photo" really evaluated Brennan through the eyes of another closed off woman. Although if Brennan had disappeared. She has too many friends to think they wouldn't seek out answers immediately. They would know instantly. But still the cases's choices were eerily similar to Brennan's.

Also Brennan was facing Angela moving on with a husband and baby. Booth had Hannah. She was facing the idea what it would be like to be alone. And the case made her see it. So the end is heartbreaking, but ultimately it opened both of their eyes. She needed to experience. And voice it.

As you can see it ripped off the bandaid from Booth's carefully closed off love for Brennan, and ultimately ended him and Hannah. Because he pushed the issue when he knew she wasn't ready.

So I love that episode.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

The Doctor in the Photo is hard for me to watch, and I don't particularly enjoy re watching it, but I do agree it was an important episode. Brennan needed that epiphany about how she felt about Booth.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

It's a emotional episode. I found it interesting that Hannah was such a fan of the partnership at least between Booth and Brennan. She could see that Brennan was out of sorts. It's almost like she knew, she could read the signs between them, but chose to ignore them because it's not like she was invested in Booth for settling down.

Brennan needed the epiphany, but it was brutal to watch. I probably enjoy it despite the angst because we know how it ended for him and Hannah. And how it eventually went for him and Brennan. It's easier to watch the angst now when you know they eventually get their act together.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree that ep was quite difficult to watch and it was brutal, so I can understand why some fans wouldn't want to re-watch it again, but it needed to happen, it was a necessary ep in order for Brennan's character to evolve. And I think knowing the fate of Booth's relationship with Hannah and that Booth & Brennan will eventually be together, makes the ep slightly easier to watch when we already know the outcome.

I think Booth & Brennan fell in love with each other much earlier than some people might think, I think the seeds of their feelings for each other was planted from the very beginning and it gradually blossomed throughout the course of the first 6 seasons before they finally got together in season 7. It just took a long time for them to finally realise and acknowledge their true feelings for each other
Old 06-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bones

The Doctor in the Photo was such an emotionally draining episode. I remember when the episode first aired people were upset at Both. While I felt awful for Brennan I understood where Booth was coming from. He was heartbroken when Brennan rejected him in the 100th episode. This episode was a huge epiphany for Brennan because she finally realized that she wanted to try with Booth.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LI Champions
Ms Cyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread