Elite Fan

Just got a tweet about who's playing Booth's Grandpa.. here is the link

bones_spoilers: Bones Gets A Grandpa

I think he will be great..

JASAM
greengirlisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

This is the funniest.. an ad for bones that must have been heck to edit..

YouTube - Bones - TV Advert "Funny"

JASAM
Old 09-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengirlisgood (View Post)
This is the funniest.. an ad for bones that must have been heck to edit..

YouTube - Bones - TV Advert "Funny"
That was awesome!

Loved it
Icon: Unknown
hann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

just bumping this thread in time for next week
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Elite Fan

Bring the speculation for the rest of the episodes!!!
Srta_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

I speculate so much ..my head is spinning... the spoiler blog alternates between exciting me and terrifying me

JASAM
Old 04-18-2010, 05:28 PM
New Fan

Either Fix It/ Or Pull The Plug Fox!

This is highlighting a few things that imo and i think a lot of others are going down in the show.

1.) Booth is becoming weaker. He has lost his strength and leadership/commanding features. I.E not standing up so strait not showing off as much (and dont say he doesnt show off cuz you know he does and he told brennan to) also the whole eppisode they made him look smaller than other guys IE. the brad dude who was the prom king.

HOPEFULLY they will fix this when he gets his date and it is very possible that they are making him seem this way on purpose , but they better do a DAM good job of fixing this cuz there bringing him down pretty low.

2.) Brennan is now developing as a charicter anymore. anyone eltse see how emotional she was last eppisode and just how stupid around people she was this one? and while this is by far the biggest jump of this there have been multiple ones this season.

On to things i dont know if they can fix or if they fix theres going to be a scar.

3) The feelings are one sided booth is still not over her and shes CLEARLY over him and possible never liked him at all. when they were dancing it ment nothing to her (yes she was happy but obviously not cuz of booth and my evidence for this is because she sat down and said she should have gone with that other boy to the prob (showing how non important it was to her who she was with.) everyone who last week said she still liked him ... gf

4) a few plot holes are showing up. A the janiter has read her book and obviously kept up with her (among other people) yet no one knows when she just makes up a husband? pluss if you heard how loudly they were talking at the tables and i suppose NO ONE overheard them.

5) They spent half the eppisode beating around the bush on people who looked like they killed her but had in acuallity nothing to do with it. then in the last 5 minutes there like oh btw that chick killed him (with literally a matter of seconds between when they bring her into question and when they know its her)

i felt like i was reading a hardy boys book.

6) all the scens were they had the camera sideways and the janiter was in them .... wtf were they going for a horror movie?!? it sure as hell didnt work and made the show kind of annoying.
thegaate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I went ahead and merged the new thread you'd started with our S5 Discussion thread .... figured it fit there better.

And thank you for sharing your opinion about the state of Bones right now. I for one personally am VERY happy and satisfied with the state that the show is in. But each of us will have our own thoughts.

1) I guess I have NEVER thought of Booth as being less of a man or not showing off as much. I don't think he NEEDS to show off as much lately (to Brennan) because she KNOWS how good he can shoot, how many men he's killed, etc. He's shown off a great deal this season (his shooting in the JFK eppy, his breaking in in the JFK eppy, his drawing the gun in the bones on the blue line eppy, Brennan's reaction to it, etc)

2) I think Brennan is very much developing each episode. Not EVERY episode will we see leaps and bounds, but I see overall progression. Every season, every few eppies. To me, even in this one she was looking for Booth's approval when she tried to brag about her life, did you SEE the way she reacted to Booth in the dance? And then the toast she gave at the end ... yep, much growth to me

3) And I think you completely misunderstood Hart Hanson's intent on the prom thing ... when Brennan said she should have went to the prom, she meant she shouldn't have let the kids keep her away when she was a teenager, she should have been brave enough to go on her own, NOT that she wanted Andy over Booth. DID YOU SEE the way she looked at him when they dance, the smile in her eyes, how SHE wanted to be close to him? If she was only wanting a prom dance she wouldn't have tried twice to slow dance so close, she'd have settled for the arms length dance. To me, that DANCE showed how much she loved him. Period.

4) I don't think the fake marriage was too far a stretch. I mean, it's not perfect by any means, but many professional women have husbands (with different names to boot) and it's not advertised or known b/c they are known for their job and not their personal lives.

5) Yeah but a lot of eppies are that way ... for fun, trying to guess who did it. And I think this eppy was VERY much the point to be goofy/fun like that to make fun of the old Fredd Krueger (sp?) movies and the fear factor, etc.

6) See above .... #5
Old 04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl (View Post)
I went ahead and merged the new thread you'd started with our S5 Discussion thread .... figured it fit there better.

And thank you for sharing your opinion about the state of Bones right now. I for one personally am VERY happy and satisfied with the state that the show is in. But each of us will have our own thoughts.

1) I guess I have NEVER thought of Booth as being less of a man or not showing off as much. I don't think he NEEDS to show off as much lately (to Brennan) because she KNOWS how good he can shoot, how many men he's killed, etc. He's shown off a great deal this season (his shooting in the JFK eppy, his breaking in in the JFK eppy, his drawing the gun in the bones on the blue line eppy, Brennan's reaction to it, etc)

2) I think Brennan is very much developing each episode. Not EVERY episode will we see leaps and bounds, but I see overall progression. Every season, every few eppies. To me, even in this one she was looking for Booth's approval when she tried to brag about her life, did you SEE the way she reacted to Booth in the dance? And then the toast she gave at the end ... yep, much growth to me

3) And I think you completely misunderstood Hart Hanson's intent on the prom thing ... when Brennan said she should have went to the prom, she meant she shouldn't have let the kids keep her away when she was a teenager, she should have been brave enough to go on her own, NOT that she wanted Andy over Booth. DID YOU SEE the way she looked at him when they dance, the smile in her eyes, how SHE wanted to be close to him? If she was only wanting a prom dance she wouldn't have tried twice to slow dance so close, she'd have settled for the arms length dance. To me, that DANCE showed how much she loved him. Period.

4) I don't think the fake marriage was too far a stretch. I mean, it's not perfect by any means, but many professional women have husbands (with different names to boot) and it's not advertised or known b/c they are known for their job and not their personal lives.

5) Yeah but a lot of eppies are that way ... for fun, trying to guess who did it. And I think this eppy was VERY much the point to be goofy/fun like that to make fun of the old Fredd Krueger (sp?) movies and the fear factor, etc.

6) See above .... #5
detailed responce ...ty

1) My point wasnt that he hasnt shown off enough this season but just in this and the last eppisode they have been almost belittling him. loot at his posture and the camera angles that are almost making him look smaller.

2) but she went backwords this time . its like 2 septs forward and 2 steps backword then 2 steps forward and 3 steps backward. she obviously lost empathy from the last eppisode were she apeared to have total understanding of booths emotions. (knew he was about to ask her, Knew that her responce would hurt him, while this eppisode she seemed to have no idea how her words would effect people.

3) am i mistaken or did she say she should have said yes to dancing with the creepozoid. (seriously) and she was saying how much fun it would of been to go with him just making it IMO clear that it was the prom not the date.
thegaate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess I didn't notice the past few eppies making him smaller ... who knows?

Now as far as this episode and Brennan, it definitely wasn't as focused on her feelings as the last, but most of the eppies are NOT. And I still think the dance, personally, showed SO MUCH EMOTION on her end. But that is just my opinion I guess.

And I really did NOT think she thought should have danced with the creep specifically.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Since I've gone spoiler-free, this is the only thread where I can safely speculate on the season finale and how it leads into S6.

The latest episode seems to heavily foreshadow a separation between BB, especially given the parallel between the two cab scenes. I'm really hoping that it's just the potential of separation that's being foreshadowed, not that it's actually going to happen. 6 years ago that cab scene preceded a year-long seperation and don't don't want history repeating itself (as poetic as that symmetry appears).

Anyway, I'm hoping that these obvious parallels are a misdirection to a certain degree and that we're in for an unexpected and happy/optimistic twist.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:27 AM
Elite Fan

Thats what im hoping to .. its a misdirection

all season they have been getting closer..showing Brennan growing and opening up... now it seems its pointing to a seperation...
Im choosing to look at the whole season and think positive.. rather than lately where it seems its is going to seperate them

JASAM
Old 05-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

HH LOVES to get a reaction out of us and I think this finale will be no different but I think they'll be some hope. So my prediction is that it'll be more of a bittersweet ending. Not insanely heartbreaking but not "happy" either, somewhere in the middle this time.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

I´m so excited for the finale!!!
Srta_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I'm really hoping that we're left with some optimism. Otherwise, it's gonna be the third finale in a row that ends in a sad/depressing way. Don't get me wrong, I loved S3 finale, but the whole episode was absolutely brutal for Brennan emotionally with the whole Booth and Zack thing and S4 finale also ended that way for her.