Joined: Jun 2009
I finished watching Bones and for me this was by far the best season.
Since I think this is the the 1st time that I´m going to talk about Bones here I´ll just say what I think of the show in general. I´m not much of a fan of this murder solving series, I think they tend to be repetitive after the 2nd season and honestly, speaking about Bones particularly, I don´t find the anthropology, ancient history, bones solving stuff quite amusing but even though that´s pretty much everything the show is all about that´s now what makes me watch it. For me what captivates me to watch this show after 4 season is the characters dynamic, Bones has a pretty good cast and the show not only focus on the murder solving cases but also, and for me most important part, in the human relationships between characters, thta´s what makes me watch the show and that´s what for me is so great about it because almost every character is really likable in his own personal way. Obviously Emily and David´s chemistry is a must.
Now, speaking about this season
I´ll start on the aspects that I dind´t like
- I think the season was too long. 26 episodes is too much for pretty much any serie so there were about 4 to 6 episodes that didn´t add anything to the general story and were just random murder solving episodes and those were the one´s that I didn´t like the most.
- Some characters that were invited to prove their value to replace Zach were a bit annoying like the iranian guy, and that old guy who sold the car to Hodgins
- I think they could have explored better the Sweets-Daisy relationship that was a little bit left aside after she was fired and talking about Daisy seeing her here as Daily and playing Californication´s Daisy too was quite funny because even though the characters shared the same name they are as oposite as they can be.
- The hole Angela/Roxy/Hodgins thing started very well but then after Roxy was gone I think they could have tried to connect more Angela and Hodgins, it was like they were just working on the same place and ocasionally have sex together and not the passionated lovers we saw before.
The good parts
- Obviously the B&B parts are always a must every season but this one they took it to the next level, for me it was pretty much everything well done and that last scene on the season finale was perfect!
- It was really good to see the drastic change in Bones during this season, it´s almost hard to think about her about her in the 1st season and compare her to what she has become now, they handeled it quite well.
- I said before that some characters who came to replace Zach were bad ( at least for me) but the other one´s like Fisher and Nigel-Murray were superb, I really like this 2 guys and the way they interect specially with Hodgins.
- Cam has also improved this season, she´s been more active, taking the lead when she needed to and with great comedy moments as well.
And I think this is it, it was a really good season and after this season finale I´m really looking forward for the 5th season.
Last edited by SerieKiller; 09-05-2009 at 03:46 PM
|Reply With Quote|
Joined: Sep 2005
I'm getting caught up on Bones at the moment and I just watched the episode "The Hero in the Hold". Is that really the last episode we see of the Gravedigger? Because it felt really weird to me, to be honest.
Other than that, so far the season is very good. I love Zach, so the new interns have a hard time getting my love. But I adore the trivia guy and the professional guy, because they serve for great comedic moments. I found Daisy incredibly annoying, so I was glad that she was fired, but on the other hand, I find her relationship with Sweets intriguing, so I hope we'll see more of that.
|Reply With Quote|
Joined: Mar 2008
As for the question, nope, hero is not the end of the Gravedigger storyline. The second to last episode of season 5 visits that storyline again. Hero left the episode pretty up in the air with everything, I agree.
Waiting here with you and now, forever, I knowAll that I wanted to hold you so close
|Reply With Quote|
|angela montenegro, arastoo vaziri, bones, brendan fehr, camille saroyan, carla gallo, caroline julian, clark edison, colin fisher, daisy wick, david boreanaz, emily deschanel, eric millegan, eugene byrd, jack hodgins, joel david moore, john francis daley, lance sweets, max keenan, michael grant terry, michaela conlin, parker booth, patricia belcher, pej vahdat, ryan cartwright, ryan o'neal, season 4, season discussion, seeley booth, tamara taylor, temperance brennan, tj thyne, vincent nigel-murray, wendell bray|