Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Steffi! The German Thread used to be so active, what happened? Nobody around?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's fairly active. I know the one on the Emily Deschanel board is.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just found this thread, and I'll try to answer some questions asked (as best as I can)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfield_Scribe (View Post)
Hey all, I have a question that's sort of fic related. I'm working on mine, and I'm looking for something... The thing that Angela works with, that makes up the floaty images? What's it actually called? I really appreciate any help you guys may be able to provide
The name of the holographic projector invented by Angela really is "The Angelator" (the one they use to create the 3-D images). You can learn more about it from Season 3 DVD, they have extras also about the angelator. I think a machine like that does not exist in the real world (something similar probably does). In the show the Angelator-scenes are computer generated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Bumping this up because I'm curious about something.. Several times someone will say something is ** kilograms, or ** metres, and then someone else (like Booth) will ask "What's that in American?"
I know America doesn't use the metric system, so why does the squint squad?
As far as I know, it is because the metric-system is more universal and scientists and researchers prefer to use it to communicate with eachother. (It would be all chaos if everyone used their/local measurements, so everyon uses the same system) According to some internet resources: Scientists use Celsius scales because ... 1) ... it was developed specifically for scientific use, and 2) ... the metric system is used in measurements by the power of 10, making calculations much more simplistic than the american system of inches, feet, lbs, gallons, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pey_23 (View Post)
I didn't know where to ask this question but why was the thread for the finale episode closed?
Which season finale thread are you talking about? The S4 finale 4x26 I assume.
I have no idea. I just thought that the therad was not on page 1 and no one was posting there anymore, but I just checked, and you're correct. the thread seems to be closed, after just 10 pages. That is interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Liz*** (View Post)
Uuuuh i have a question too.
the chain, that david is wearing, you can see it e.g. in 1x02 when hes goin to put on his shirt...does anyone know what kinda chain it is, and maybe have a closer view of it?
I can't see it very clearly in that scene, but I assume it's the St.Christopher medallion Booth is supposed to own. (he gives one to his brother in a S4 episode, either he buys a new one or gives his own chain/medallion to him)
Here are the best pictures (from screencaps) I have of the chain/medallion. First two are from 1x15, last two from 2x08. To see what the medallion looks like you can google "St. Christopher medallion" (in pictures) for example.

Booth sometimes wears a simple chain, too (like in 1x09 or 4x12). Some pics fro m 4x12 (but I still think the one he wears in 1x02 is the St.Christopher)
Old 05-31-2009, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hera, thanks for answering the old questions.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

You're welcome. I hope it's okay I did that. But somehow this seems to be one of the therads I've missed somehow. Otehrwise I'd done it before.

Since your post is the last on the 4x26 episode discussion thread, and mine the one before that, and I don't know the reason why the therad was closed, maybe you do, Karen?!
I haven't checked the other ep therads, but do they get closed some time after the ep has aired, and the discussion should "move" to other therads (like the character threads and so on)?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh it's certainly okay. I appreciate it a LOT.

No the eppy threads don't typically get closed. It was probably closed by accident. I'll fix it.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just bumping this up in case anyone has some questions.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Im thinking Brennan has written two books.. Bred in the Bone being one of them ...There is the one she dedcated to Booth was the second..What was the name of the second.. In 5-1 she said she deleted the third...so it would have to be the second that was on best sellers list... I found it..Red Tape White Bones.. was second book in season 2.. is that the one she dedicated to Booth..i watch eps out of order..

JASAM

Last edited by greengirlisgood; 09-24-2009 at 07:42 AM
greengirlisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry I don't know which it was but I think it was her second. Originally titled "Bone Free" to which Booth said "Yuk on the title"

It was in season 1 so I assume it's her 2nd, but maybe someone can help you more.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by effielive (View Post)
Sorry I don't know which it was but I think it was her second. Originally titled "Bone Free" to which Booth said "Yuk on the title"

It was in season 1 so I assume it's her 2nd, but maybe someone can help you more.
OOh you are write so that means she has written 3...aaah i was just trying to figure out whick one she got he rolex for must be red tape..

JASAM
Old 09-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Extreme Fan

There are a few different books we know about.

-The first one, I don't know what it's called, but they show it in the Pilot.

-The next one is dedicated to Booth.

-The next time they mention a book, it's the one with the red tape. I don't know if it's the same one the one that's dedicated to Booth, though.

-Then they mention an advance for a book that she gets in The Baby in the Bough (when she also mentions movie rights for a different book).

-There's also the book she was writing in The Science in the Physicist, which Booth convinces her not to throw away. This is the one I think the Rolex is for.

So she has 4 or 5 books, depending on whether the one with the red tape is the same as the one dedicated to Booth, not counting the one she deleted.
smurfette729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If you mean the book in the finale of season 4. I think I agree.

The first was called Bred in the Bone.
I think the Red Tape, White Bones one is the one she dedicated to Booth but not 100%.

The Rolex I think is for the one that Booth got her to keep as well. But I don't think there is any definitives for this as I don't think it is ever truly said. I would love to be corrected though
Old 09-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Im still thinking there is 3 books
1. Bred in the Bone
2. Bone Free
3. Red Tape, White Tape

and the one she deleted..as to the movie rights it was Bred in the Bone.in the episode Woman at the Airport she does interview with Penny Marshall..

Im not sure which one she dedicated to Booth...cannot remember which ep he peeks at it

JASAM
Old 09-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He peaks at what was originally "Bone Free" but the title is crossed out. Woman in Limbo I think.

DAVID: Her second novel. Bone Free. It’s kinda like “Born Free” except no lions.

BOOTH: Yuck on the title. Am I in it?

(later)

BOOTH: Ah, I gotta go. You know, I’m Picking up Parker for the weekend. (Booth spots Brennan’s manuscript sitting on the table. The original title “Bone Free”, crosses out) Yeah, I’ll take one.

RUSS: You have boy?

BOOTH: Yeah. (He lifts up the front page and sees the dedication “This book is to my partner and friend, Special Agent Seeley Booth.)

That is as much as I "know"
Old 09-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by effielive (View Post)
He peaks at what was originally "Bone Free" but the title is crossed out. Woman in Limbo I think.

DAVID: Her second novel. Bone Free. It’s kinda like “Born Free” except no lions.

BOOTH: Yuck on the title. Am I in it?

(later)

BOOTH: Ah, I gotta go. You know, I’m Picking up Parker for the weekend. (Booth spots Brennan’s manuscript sitting on the table. The original title “Bone Free”, crosses out) Yeah, I’ll take one.

RUSS: You have boy?

BOOTH: Yeah. (He lifts up the front page and sees the dedication “This book is to my partner and friend, Special Agent Seeley Booth.)

That is as much as I "know"

I remember now.. after booth asks if he was in it..Brennan says no and David says Yes......thanx effielive for the mental nudge

JASAM
Reply   Post New Thread