Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Bones 4x06 - "The Crank in the Shaft" Episode Discussion (10/01/2008)

Episode description:
Quote:
When the remains of a much-disliked company office manager are found in a building elevator shaft, Booth and Brennan must find out which one of the employees had reason to murder the victim. From a recently-fired employee to the victim's own boss, the team realizes this office manager had more than their share of complaints to file. Meanwhile, Brennan's bleak and morbidly realistic grad student lends his insight to the case, and Hodgins and Angela try to navigate their post break-up relationship in "The Crank in the Shaft" episode of BONES airing Wednesday, Oct. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX
Cast:
Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan; David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth; TJ Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins; Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro; Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille "Cam" Saroyan; John Francis Daly as Dr. Lance Sweets
Guest Cast:
Katharine Leonard as Christine Gertin; Ewan Chung as Chip Yap; Devin McGinn as Ted Russo; Pete Gardner as Gary Flannery; Omi Vaidya as Hamid Hirani; Edward James Gage as Stan Nokes; Joel David Moore as Colin Fisher; David Greenman as FBI Forensic Tech Marcus Geier; Kim Robillard as Dave Farfield
Episode Stills:
Old 09-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

"Hodgins and Angela try to navigate their post break-up relationship"

I hope they navigate it right back to each other!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Elite Fan

well said even if I dont think so.

The only thing I feel is you.
Motoko Ayoama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

So cute.. well said though

Can't wait to see! With all the good scenes we've been getting lately, I can't think of what's coming next! Just want the episode
Old 09-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds like an interesting episode. Brennan search for a grad student to take over Zach's job is going to be like Murphy Brown and her quest for a secretary isn't it?

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz (View Post)
Sounds like an interesting episode. Brennan search for a grad student to take over Zach's job is going to be like Murphy Brown and her quest for a secretary isn't it?
Sounds like it. But so far, I've enjoyed the grad student interns a lot more than I ever imagined I would. So, so long as they are done RIGHT, I can handle it.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sounds good. Can't wait to see Bones with more of the assistant search!! I still can't get over Wendall thinking Bones hit on him haha... and thinking she had a thing going on with the "fbi guy" Booth
Old 09-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like an interesting episode - looking forward to what is in store for Jack/Angela as well.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:04 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread

HAPPY BONESDAY
Old 10-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl (View Post)
Sounds like it. But so far, I've enjoyed the grad student interns a lot more than I ever imagined I would. So, so long as they are done RIGHT, I can handle it.
They are keeping them fresh at least...and different in personality. So I'm intrigued by them. Plus, it's funny to watch the reactions of everyone else towards them.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

4x06 The Crank in the Shaft

The opening promo before the show highlighting the night had a longer BB flirting than I usually see. It had her pushing on his face. Cute. I love these pre-show promos for the evening.

Booth and Brennan in therapy and bored. And she’s focused on his leg bouncing and not Sweets.
Brennan stopping Booth’s leg twitching. Touching both his LEGS!
And he’s upset because he wants the chair! He wants Brennan to give him a note to get the chair!
Brennan: You want a throne
Booth: Back support, okay. I just want a little back support.
Sweets: Perhaps you’ve been feeling inadequate at work lately.

Booth: If I could help you get a better chair, I would.
Brennan: Thank you, but if I wanted a better office chair, I’d just buy one myself.
Booth: Oh no, that’s not how it works, Bones. When you work for “the man” he buys all the office furniture.
Brennan: Which man?
Booth: You’re kidding me right? There’s no actual man.
Brennan: Then who buys the office furniture?
Booth: Never mind, Bones.

The new grad guy Fisher is … depressing. Love this rotation of grad students.
The hot chic – sorry, the other hot chic!

And the first scene where Booth and Brennan showed up at the office! LMAO at Brennan and Booth discussing Booth’s attempts to get the chair, and how the office spread the news of Patty being the body in the elevator. Freaking hilarious!

Brennan: Some people accept their position as a drone
Booth: Are you calling me a drone?

Ah, and Angela went to Brennan for help with Hodgins. Asked her to say something to make her feel better, and she offered to fire Hodgins! Such classic Brennan. And how happy she was thinking she seriously helped!

And the letter Cam sent in to the FBI to “help” Booth get his chair and he thinks he’s the only one taking his wanting the chair serious.

Brennan: This is a very efficient work space, don’t you think? It affords the minimum amount of human interaction so the workers can concentrate solely on productivity.
Booth: It’s demoralizing.
Brennan gives him a look.
Booth: Don’t look at me like that. I’m not some kind of drone!
Brennan: You have superiors to whom you must report, protocols you must follow, all of your actions are documented and reviewed.
Booth: Look, I do not work for some faceless bureaucracy, okay? I work for the United States government, and so do you. Which makes you a drone too.
Brennan: No! No, I’m a completely independent contractor operating out of the Jeffersonian. In the hive, I would be the queen bee.
Booth: Still in the hive!
Brennan: In which I am the queen.
SO HILARIOUS!
Brennan tells the FBI tech to send the evidence to the Jeffersonian.
Booth: Says the queen bee!
Brennan: What?
Booth: Nothing
Booth: Tell you what, I am going to be the King Bee in my department.
Brennan: There is no such thing.
Booth says something like sure there is and the king bee will have the best chair.

Cam: Come on Mr Fisher. Let me see a little smile.
He just looks at her.
Cam: That’s the ticket.

Angela found Sweets at lunch to get help with Jack! Such a hilarious scene.
He wanted to schedule her for sessions and she refused. She was okay after just that short visit. “This has been helpful. You’re good” Ha ha!

Jack: Every time I look at her I think of –
Cam: Semen
Jack: What? No. I was going to say something much more romantic.
Ha ha!

Booth and Brennan to the office manager guy.
Booth: It happens. Late night meetings. A little cleavage.
Ha ha.

Ah cute scene when Angela approached Jack about not pretending this whole mess didn’t happen.

Brennan <points to pink box by Booth>: What’s that?
Booth: What?
Brennan: That.
Booth: Oh, those are my cupcakes. I got them for the HR officer at work, I heard she loves them.
Brennan: So fraud and bribery.
Booth: No. Twelve years of service and lumbar support, okay. It’s all a matter of perception.
Brennan half laughs: Okay.
Booth: Don’t say it like that. Okay. Like I’m some kind of a kid.
Brennan <in the same tone>: Okay.
Booth: It’s looking pretty good, too, Bones. I mean Willie Ackerman, he got cut off the list ‘cuz he got his note from an acupuncturist and that doesn’t even count. Ha. Boob. Watch out, let me try this again.
Booth goes to try to pry the elevator doors open. He’s unsuccessful.
Booth: Arrrgh. Forget it. There’s no way that I can keep that open long enough to dump a body and I’m in shape.
Brennan: Must’ve been someone that was stronger than you.
Booth: You’re kidding me right? Have you seen the people in these offices. Compared to them, I am Hercules!
Brennan: Apparently not! <she eyes him up and down> Maybe you do need that chair.
Booth: Or maybe it was two people.

Booth and Brennan having lunch at the diner, discussing the staple killing Patty.
Awwww
Booth: Two of those and you’re asking why am I naked and who are all these people?
Brennan’s look and Booth looked half embarrassed about knowing that much detail, and then later the bit about it being served in a monkey glass.

Cam to Booth and Brennan: The ejaculates were from Friday night.
Booth elbows Brennan: That must have been some happy hour.

And Booth and his “is this enough adrenaline for you” to prove it had to be two people and not just Chip alone who killed Patty.

Ah Brennan was impressed by her look that she gave Booth when he comforted the killer.

Brennan: I see you got your throne.
Booth: That’s right. The chair.
Brennan: Looks nice. Another victory for the hive.
Booth: <pause> HR said you called.
Brennan: Yes. But I didn’t lie to them. I wouldn’t do that.
Booth: Well you must’ve done something. Because she hadn’t even eaten the cupcakes and the chair was here.
Brennan: I just told them why I felt it was important for you to have it, that’s all.
Booth: And why is that? Because even a mindless drone <sits in chair and goes awww> deserves some perks?
Brennan: No because of how important you are to them. I mentioned (talks about courage and other traits and sensitivity.
Booth: Sensitivity?
Brennan: <something about dealing with that women and then> It was very impressive
Aww they blushed!
Brennan: Anyway I said a chair is a good way to show the other employees in the office how much those qualities are appreciated.
Booth: Hmm it worked
More talking, she asks why he couldn’t have just said so himself.
Booth: Because that would have been bragging even if that was true
He goes to lean back in the chair and it doesn’t give much. Booth: Oh ow.
Brennan: So you like it?
Booth: Are you kidding me love it? Not giving this baby up for anything okay
The chair slides to the ground behind his desk.
Booth: The up and down thingy is a little touchy.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Extreme Fan

wow good episode. i loved how it wasn't a murder, which it usually is.

brandon and booth as usual rocked this episode. I love how at the end she calments him, and got him the chair.

angela and huggins still have to get back together, but at least in this episode they had scenes together. i loved how angela is like this messed thing we had i don't want to forget it happened.

lol, next episode looks funny and good.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Agreed. Loved how Brennan was blushing over telling Booth "it was impressive" and LOVED the Queen/King Bee bit ...

And yes - Jack and Angela. Such a step in the right direction if you ask me.

LOVED how Sweets was trying to get Angela to come to his office to deal with the issue with Jack and she was typical Angela and had it solved.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved the Angela/Brennan interaction about Hodgins! Sooo perfect

And Angela's reaction... it was all a step in the right direction definitely.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top