Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Forgive me for not reading this entire thread through before posting, but I just had to come by and express my complete and utter shock! Zach!? Huh? It is very confusing... and sorta random...

I was also a little annoyed by the near death of Booth (so we thought) and then it was just dismissed like nothing... A little upsetting there also...

Off to check out tvguide.com.... I saw an article there about the fan response of this finale...
Astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

That was awesome, it was just funny that she didn't care that he was naked or not she just barged in! But I personally think that the writers did some good thing and try and do new things to built up tension.....without Zack, it will be like that and plus it was rushed yes because they would have more episodes if it wasn't for the writers strike. I think we can just go back and forth on this episode, but I have to say it wwas a great ending and it will be explained more probably next season since we won't have anything of a strike, so they'll keep in the entire season and it comes back in August! Plus what I figured out, that Hodgins knew the first time when he saw his house....So he knew before they did, but I just think that it was something that they didn't take at heart....
my lj site http://vamplover85.livejournal.com/
my art site Forever Dreaming
*BonesGirl85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Lazy Thanks for the article link... Frankly... not caring much about Hart right now! He's on my poopy list!! He can be so pompous!!

Astra I'm so glad I saw your sig. I went I voted... I Dexter!! Gonna run an avie I snagged from you a while back as soon as I get off my lazy arse and change my sig!!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Hart's definitely not on my good side either. He seemed cocky while answering the questions. I almost wish I hadn't read his thoughts on Zack.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Astra, good to see you over here!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan24 (View Post)
Hart's definitely not on my good side either. He seemed cocky while answering the questions. I almost wish I hadn't read his thoughts on Zack.
He did... didn't he!
Ok... I know they say that any publicity is good publicity, but I don't think that pissing off half your fan base can be a good thing for any show. I think he should have spent a bit more time trying to do some damage control.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Zach as the apprentice?!?!?!?! Do you think the writers had always planned this or decided last minute because it just did not seem right at all!!!

Fake funeral was stupid.....Bathtub scene was hilarious......Final scene was heartbreaking.

Overall this episode was not as good as I expected it to be
Old 05-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was planned, as far as I read and could tell.

BONES: 3x15 The Pain in the Heart

50+ icons (25+ new ones)
doormonkey's seebones pages ...

Teasers:
Old 05-22-2008, 07:05 AM
New Fan

Ok, I know it may sound crazy but I think there is something wrong with the plot of this last episode:

When they discover the all "explosion as a diversion" thing everybody realize that Gormogon (or his apprentice) is actually an inside man which totally makes sense other than the fact that it actually provides an implicit alibi for Zack himself:

After the explosion he could have never stolen the skeleton because of his medical condition (he was really injured) and because everybody was looking after him.

The only explanation to this paradox is that Gorgomon himself recovered the skeleton which I consider not possible: even with the caos due to an explosion an the vault's guards away from their duty, I don't think that a stranger could get in the building with no pass/ID, going aroung with shark like smile UNOTICED (consider that next to realizing that the skeleton was missing there is no way the FBI or whoever was doing the investigation wouldn't interrogate the people in the build asking about noticing anything weird) and get out with a bag big enough to carry around a skeleton (not to mention considerably a considerably heavy bag).
It may be plausible that after the explosion people would go out from the Jeffersonian without being checked but this would work only for someone already inside the building. In fact, when there is an incident (i.e. fire or explosion) the first thing security does (the standard procedure, if you like) is to make sure that the building is emptied out, they would help evaquate the building not letting anyone in, probably not even personel having the proper ID/pass. This is also supported by what Cam says after watching the tapes: after the explosion the guards left the vault to go and secure the building. Further more Booth clearly states, after knowing the skeleton was stolen, that Gorgomon (or whoever did it) has to work at the Jeffersonian in order to stole the skeleton. The idea that to take the silver guy you had to be IN the building is reinforced during the all episode for example when B&B interrogate Sweets. In Booth's hipotesis the shrink would have taken the skeleton and part of the accusation were based on the fact that Sweet din't had an alibi for the minutes just following the explosion (if the idea of a external intrusion from Gorgomon were realistic this fact would have been totally irrelevant). Finnally this inconsinstency, as someone already noticed, sum with the fact Zack is not Widow's son which itself contradicts the previous episodes.

Onestly I think that this is either a strong flaw in the plot or it leaves some kind of opening for further developements. In the first case, considering the usal standards of this series, I would blame the strike. But considering the second hipotesis is far more interesting: if Gorgomon couldn't take the skeleton (notice that our silver friend wasn't displayed at Gorg hideout, which could be just a coincidence, though) and neither Zack could that implies a third party working at the Jeffersonian and helping Gorgomon, an apprentice, maybe the real one (consider that Zack is not a Widow's son and he do not practice cannibalism, as opposite to the old apprentice from episode 3x01, which would prevent him from becoming the future Master in the long run).
So let me know what you think.

ps: this is my first time posting so hi everybody

pps: sorry for writing so mutch
evin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I did figure Gorgomon was able to steal the skeleton ... it would have been very easy for Zach to give him the correct info to get inside. With a diversion, security all pulled ... for sure

something new I just made ....

Old 05-22-2008, 07:11 AM
New Fan

Sorry: I double posted
evin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:18 AM
New Fan

Wow....just saw the last 4 episodes of season 3 last night.

Whether or not the finale episode plot was pausible/good etc. I thought that Bones had evolved with this season.

Evolved as in it became full of raw reality and emotion. It was shocking and heartbreaking

I'm talking about scenes like when Booth was shot and Brennan shot the crazy woman without a second thought. It shocked me. It was raw and grim. It was an action induced by passion of the highest degree.

Zak and Brennan foreheads touching towards the end of the finale, the last look of Zak in the hospital bed. For me an amazing paradox- Zach had been revealed as the murderer an apprentice yet he had never looked so vulnerable. I think the plot simply worked.

Even the bath tub scene.....Booth naked, both of them loving and hating each other at the same time....it was crazy but intense.

So yeah.....at times I thought it was flawed but Bones reached new levels with Season 3 whether it be in love, death or humour- I loved it.
Ambee McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

So well said Ambee ... and yes, love/hate/intensity was the best way to describe that bathtub scene ...
Old 05-22-2008, 08:26 AM
New Fan

Personally I found the bathtub scene very random. I am a shipper too but I like stuff to make a little sense and not be gratuitous. I mean, I really don't see Brennan breaking into Booth while he is in the bathroom. Come on, he could easily been taking care of other business than sitting in the bath. It is just absurd (if not surrealist) her doing it.

And secondly it is always creepy that someone breaks into the bathroom. Usually movie tradition reserves that for the psycho killers, as bathrooms are the most personal space you can have.

I think the thing would have worked if she had knocked the door and a shirtless Booth opened it. That would have been sexy enough, IMHO.
Darynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Loyal Fan

He he, great art, Wildfire Girl .
♥ Alias ♥ Buffy ♥ Gilmore Girls ♥ House of Anubis ♥ New Girl ♥ The Newsroom ♥ The Office ♥ Parks & Rec ♥ Pretty Little Liars ♥ Psych ♥ Pushing Daisies ♥ Smallville ♥ Stargate Universe ♥ Vampire Diaries ♥ Veronica Mars ♥ West Wing ♥
carleymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top