Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darynthe (View Post)
I am afraid I am with those who think the episode wasn't well written. First that fake funeral. Come on people? It really really looks as if Sweets had planned it all as part of the experiment indeed. Even the shooting. I mean, the writers are really trying to suck dry the BB anguish without giving us anything. Given this, I have to say that Sweets, as lovable as he is, is a Mary Sue of the writers.

Secondly, the Zack thing, totally out of the blue. Not in character at all or whasoever. The guy is transparent, I don't see by what turn of any sort of logic he could be turned into a apprentice of a cannibal. Yes, the guy is sociopath, as in he truly doesn't understand emotions. But he has always been a white hat and since I am watching the first episodes for the first time these days, I saw him with his family in Christmas, he has a big loving family.

Yes, no foreshadowing, not a single clue. And that mistake of lying about the teeth is somehting really stupid. He would know that Brennan would realize. If he said the truth nobody could have caught him.
Darynthe I left you a little message on Seebones! Don't let the fangirl squee keep you from speaking your opinion!

I agree with this! Say what you want about Zach being "OFF" since Iraq (and I don't disagree with that!) This is still just not a realistic/ in character story line. Hodgins actually would have made the more lilely, believable patsy!
And to make matters worse, it appears that Eric did not leave of his own volition. So he was totally used as a fall guy to wrap things up in a nice neat little bow.

It saddens me, it angers me, I EXPECT more from THIS show!!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesOCD (View Post)
Darynthe I left you a little message on Seebones! Don't let the fangirl squee keep you from speaking your opinion!
Oh thanks. No worries, I love to debate and shake things a little. In fact I was planning on opening a thread for mistakes and criticizing the series. Not sure if it would have good acceptance though.

What you say about Zack is so true, I am very sad for the actor. You saw how badly he did last night, you saw him suffering through every line he uttered cause it didn't make sense.

He coudln't pull off that twist cause it was built on straws. It is not his fault at all, but yet, as an actor he will have his career sabotaged, maybe permanently by this. He will be seen as someone whose characterization of a serial killer was very badly pulled off and was axed afterwards.

This makes me sad as he seems to be a very sweet person.
Darynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Absolute Fan

After having a night to process everything I have to say that while I'm upset Zack is the killer, I think I'm more upset the way it was handled. If it was written better I think I would be able to handle it more. The writer's tried to pack too much into this episode. And since they've known Zack was going to be the apprentice for awhile I definitely think they should have done more to flesh out is character a little more.
I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it

LJ
janeway1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesOCD (View Post)
I agree with this! Say what you want about Zach being "OFF" since Iraq (and I don't disagree with that!)
Well, I agree with Zack being different after his tour in Iraq, but I thought he was more back to normal lately. Of course the experience changed him and he never was the Zack we knew from S1 and 2, but I never ever thought he'd be the apprentice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway1390
And since they've known Zack was going to be the apprentice for awhile I definitely think they should have done more to flesh out is character a little more.
Agreed, the whole development felt rushed. I mean, we didn't even get any foreshadowing. I don't know if the writers strike is partly to blame, but the whole storyline could have been build better in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovieGrrlI
would not be surprised if Zach did the same thing. Unfortunately, he didn't have the available support as Brennan has now. Plus, didn't Booth repeat the whole theme of heart and head? Rational logical thinking vs emoting in general?
I can see where you're coming from, but wouldn't have Zack been offered psychological help after he got back from Iraq?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

It was a great episode but I'm still having a hard time with Zach being that kind of person

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912 (View Post)
Well, I agree with Zack being different after his tour in Iraq, but I thought he was more back to normal lately. Of course the experience changed him and he never was the Zack we knew from S1 and 2, but I never ever thought he'd be the apprentice.
The only time I thought they would make it Zack was when Hodgins provided the location to Cam but I still rationalized that it couldn't be him. I thought that he was getting back to his old self too.

I think that the writer's strike is a huge reason why things felt rushed, but I still don't think they would have used foreshadowing because they wanted to go for the shock.

Even though I hate it and am having a hard time accepting Zack as the killer, I still thought the episode was amazing. The whole scene where they question Zack and Brennan uses the assumptions broke my heart.

Last edited by PhillyFan24; 05-20-2008 at 03:18 PM Reason: Way too many grammar problems :)
PhillyFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan24 (View Post)
Even though I hate and am having a hard time accepting Zack as the killer, I still thought the episode was amazing. The whole scene where they questions Zack and Brennan's uses assumptions broke my heart.
I agree. That scene was really amazing. I think it could have been a lot worse, but the cast was exceptional in this episode and made it better.

I just hope Zack isn't gone for good. I hope they visit him and stuff. If the writer's can redeem a serial killer like Max, I'm sure they can redeem Zack.

One question though. How bad was Zack hurt? Did he lose all function of his hands? I think I heard him talk to Brennan about prosthesis, but I'm not sure.
I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it

LJ
janeway1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Nad I just meant to say that I wouldn't disagree with the point that Iraq had changed Zach. I agree with you that I thought he was more like his old self lately. He certainly never showed any signs of serious psychosis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway1390 (View Post)
After having a night to process everything I have to say that while I'm upset Zack is the killer, I think I'm more upset the way it was handled. If it was written better I think I would be able to handle it more. The writer's tried to pack too much into this episode. And since they've known Zack was going to be the apprentice for awhile I definitely think they should have done more to flesh out is character a little more.
I completely agree with this! I just think that Hart should have stopped and taken the time to do this right.
Why the rush to resolve Gormogon? We still don't know who the Grave Digger is. Why not resolve that in one eppie and hold the Gormogon storyline till next year?
Old 05-20-2008, 03:12 PM
New Fan

ok so I don't know if someone has already said this but I have a theory. Could Zack have falsely confessed? He was clearly on alot of meds and he was just in an explosion that could have given him head trauma. What if because he saw the looks on B/B's faces he took that and the influence of the meds lead him to think he did it? And maybe he knew where the house was because the apprentice is really Sweets and Zack has been investigating him independently?

ok this sounded way more plausible in my head. could be a good fanfic though
lostinthelightslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Addicted Fan

I would love it if Zack confessed because of the drugs or because it's part of the brainwashing, but I don't think it's the case

It was rushed, but I think I would have had a problem with Zack being the apprentice either way. I fell like we barely got to see any of the squints since the show came back from hiatus though. It would have been nice to see a little more of the gang before they dropped this bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway1390 (View Post)
One question though. How bad was Zack hurt? Did he lose all function of his hands? I think I heard him talk to Brennan about prosthesis, but I'm not sure.
I'm not even close to being a doctor, but it sounded like he lost all function in his hands. He mentioned getting prosthetics so that he could go back to the lab, but I don't know how feasible that would have been.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan24 (View Post)
I would love it if Zack confessed because of the drugs or because it's part of the brainwashing, but I don't think it's the case

It was rushed, but I think I would have had a problem with Zack being the apprentice either way. I fell like we barely got to see any of the squints since the show came back from hiatus though. It would have been nice to see a little more of the gang before they dropped this bomb.

I'm not even close to being a doctor, but it sounded like he lost all function in his hands. He mentioned getting prosthetics so that he could go back to the lab, but I don't know how feasible that would have been.
Basically, what I got from it was that the third degree burns to his hands completely destroyed them. There was a mention of cartilidge, and maybe ligaments?
Zack's hands would have been completely useless after that type of injury. It's unlikely that he'd have enough feeling in them to function.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh boy... I just saw the epi.... And now I wish I hadn't read any spoilers, cause I wasn't as surprised as I could be. For me, that promo picture for this epi said it all, actually... that look on Zach's face... =|

Also, something no on mentioned before, I think Hodgins realized it was Zach when he found out about the water and the area of his house. And I think he also realizes that Zach tried to protect him. And that was why he gave him the painkillers, to protect him back, before he said too much.

Ok, so that funeral scene was kinda stupid. I like what it lead to, but... I don't know.... Why has it been 2 weeks since this and the last epi? Not that it's important, but it feels weird. And had Booth been "dead" for 2 weeks? Cause Angela said she'd been crying for the past 2 weeks. Nobody saw Booth for all that time? So, was he supposed to be dead for all that time? I suppose so, cause Caroline said he dyed taking a bullet for his partner. But then why was the funeral just 2 weeks later?! That's a long time!
Oh! And why put a dummy in the coffin? Nobody was going to check, so why bother? And if someone did check, what was worse? To find an empty coffin of a dummy inside? I guess it was just there so that Brennan could use the arm. But then again, she could have use something else. Like a shovel. That would have made more sense!

As for Zach... for what Caroline said, I think it makes sense to be him. I still think they could have done better. I mean, come on, I could have perfectly lived without last weeks episode, if that meant a better two-part storyline for the finale! They could have still shot Booth, that not a hard plot line to make... they didn't have to get a crazy stalker with a useless and weak storyline. A common criminal in a common situation would do.

Oh, and that "Zach wasn't a widow's son, how could he be the apprentice?" thing... weren't the victims the widow's sons?

I'm not happy, but I'm not too mad either. I still love Bones. And I can't wait till August!

Lazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat (View Post)
Oh, and that "Zach wasn't a widow's son, how could he be the apprentice?" thing... weren't the victims the widow's sons?
Lazy that one apprentice with the diamond in his tooth who sacrificed himself was also a widows son. So the premise was established at that point that they all would be. That was one of the things that Sweets used to profile Gormogon and where he might possibly find his recruits, like the foster care system... etc. "high risk" kids.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh... =| Well, wasn't that an assumption? They could be wrong. =P
And just because Zach has a big family that doesn't mean he has a dad (alive). =P
I don't know, I just want this to make sense so I won't be sad with my favorite tv show.

Lazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

When sweets said it was Hodgins i was laughing yeah he is all about conspiracy so am i on some level so is everyone not as deep as him though lol. (or is one of us like him on that hmmm fess up!! lol).

But all you could here in my house which made me husband come running in from worry was Holy Bleep bleep bleep !!!!!! i said to him (he has no idea who they are mind lol) that it was zak are little lab rat and he was the last one i thought he would be maybe that is why the writers did it he is so easy to love and 180 shows do we ever really no a person has hodgins has said in season one.

But it looks like are Zack will no longer by trying to be king of the lab or sprouting off stuff like he has had 10 cups of coffee 4 cans of soda a bag of M&M's and stuck a fork in the plug socket over giving facts on evidence (think i am gonna cry now).

its probably because Eric has been signed to another contract somewhere else.
I am gonna miss him.

Bath seen hot !!
poor Booth standing listening to Bones and she would have taken the bullet
felt like crying with the Angela/bones convo about the funeral
booth getting popped by bones ouch landing on his ass at his own funeral (cam it was a really lovely service Booth lol)
Sweets got to love him with the pie and seduction thing lol
And booth repeating passion when sweets said it to bones lol and getting her to slug him one lol.
And lets get on are knees and thank whatever go or thing you believe that bones walked in on him in the bath and he stood up FREAKING HOT!!

and i am done goes back into lurking

"You will never find a human man you can be yourself with" "Sookie is MINE!!" ""You think as much as you want to, Your safe with me"
sicilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top