Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register
Old 05-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved what the AUSA said, about how a strong personality was able to pull a weaker personality in. I also really loved Brennan punching Booth and then walking in on him while he was in the tub.

anyone else think a bath and beer sound like a good combination?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Addicted Fan

The whole stronger personality made perfect sense to me. Zach thinks on another level then most people so as long as someone presents something logically he'll understand. The guy was a nut job, but he knew how to work Zach so that he thought what he was doing was right. I just hate that Zach is being painted as weak and that everyone's wondering what they could have done to stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Janet ~ (View Post)
If it includes David Borenaz then absoulutely

Last edited by PhillyFan24; 05-19-2008 at 08:44 PM
PhillyFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Third Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Janet ~ (View Post)
I loved what the AUSA said, about how a strong personality was able to pull a weaker personality in. I also really loved Brennan punching Booth and then walking in on him while he was in the tub.

okay ... couple of quick bath time icons and I'm off to bed ...

Old 05-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

In New Zealand we had knight on the grid only last night. I was taping something earlier and I accidently taped the epi. So I did the slow frame and thought God it's Zach, but when I looked online lots of people were saying sweets, including my hubby who is never wrong (until now). I was torn. Residual good feeling from freaks and geeks, but I love Zach. I just can't believe it was Zach.

Can't wait to see the punch scene. Only 7 weeks..... And after seeing ^^ those the bathtub scene!!
nzhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Okay, I hated the faked death bit at the beginning. It just seemed too over the top for me. And I couldn't help but think about the fact that two weeks after being shot in the chest, Booth seemed to be all the way back.

I did love Brennan's reaction to that. thought, and her interaction with Booth and Sweets was great in those scenes.

As for Zach, that was easier for me to accept, although I still wasn't happy about it. I wish they had done more on his return from Iraq, because I think it could have helped flesh this storyline out a bit.

Still, that did produce some great moments including both Brennan/Zach scenes, Hodgins taking control and forcing Zach to take the painkiller, the whole cleaning out of his box and of course the Brennan/Booth scene at the end. Then there was my favorite single moment of the episode and that Cam's reaction when she realized why Booth and Brennan were at the hospital. So much emotion (from happiness to seeing them there, to devestation to trying to do her best to clean up so to speak before she exited) was expressed in just a few seconds. Throw in her later mention of how she knew Zach would break her heart, and that whole sequence got to me as much anything in this episode.

Credit to the one and only Lady Azura for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

My god. Why is Booth wearing a "fireman hat"????

The only thing I feel is you.
Motoko Ayoama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan24 (View Post)
The whole stronger personality made perfect sense to me. Zach thinks on another level then most people so as long as someone presents something logically he'll understand. The guy was a nut job, but he knew how to work Zach so that he thought what he was doing was right. I just hate that Zach is being painted as weak and that everyone's wondering what they could have done to stop it.
Bonnie, I understand where you're coming from, but there are a couple things that just don't 'click' for me.

1) I thought both of Zack's parents were still alive, hence, is he not a widow's son?
2) remember in the episode when they were all being evaluated for national security? When the agent asked Zack if he would hand over confidential information if someone presented him with a perfectly logical argument, he said "No, not without first checking with Dr. Brennan".

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoko Ayoama (View Post)
My god. Why is Booth wearing a "fireman hat"????
no, worse! a beer-dispensing helmet.
Main haunts: Castle Bones
Nessylink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Passionate Fan

I hated it! It doesn't make sense! Zach doesn't fit the profile. Zach is not a widow's son. I don't for one minute buy that anyone could make killing and eating people seem "logical" to Zach who has an IQ in the "ionosphere" according to both Zach and Brennan. I'd have rather it been Hodgins or Sweets.
Man ... once again I feel like I've been screwed by the writers strike.
What's next? Booth is the Gravedigger? No... better yet, Hodgins buried himself alive with Brennan.

Take every bit of Gormogon stuff out, and I love the B/B stuff.
But the main storyline of this eppy left a bitter taste in my mouth for the hiatus.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessylink (View Post)
no, worse! a beer-dispensing helmet.
I just saw that. Oh my god!! he is shameless!

The only thing I feel is you.
Motoko Ayoama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

oh, and I just realized something else...

That means that is was Zach that left the backpack bomb in the road to blow up Booth & Brennan's car in "The Night on the Grid"?? Several characters in that episode stated clearly that the intent was to kill B&B, not just scare them.

Do we really believe Zach would have done that? If Gormagon only approched him 3 months prior to this week's episode?
Old 05-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Passionate Fan

No the guy on the motorcycle couldn't have been Zack b/c Zack can't drive. Not unless he learned just for that? But I doubt it.
basketmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketmaker (View Post)
No the guy on the motorcycle couldn't have been Zack b/c Zack can't drive. Not unless he learned just for that? But I doubt it.
That's an even better point! Was it Gormagon then? But I thought it was the motorcylce dude that then attacked the lobbyist...? and Zach confessed... Now I'm all confused...
Old 05-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

OK, It's 6am and i'm tired, but i thought it was a great episode that was well worth staying up for. I never would have thought that it would be zach, especially the way that hodgins was acting throught the episode (nice way to throw us off the scent). And who didn't love the punch? I also couldn't believe that Brennan thought that she had never given Zach anything I mean come on, her experience and all the stuff that she taught him meant the world to him. Why couldn't she see that herself, without Booth having to tell her?

BTW, shouldn't the thread title be 3x15? that confused me a little

Battlestar Galactica
↪ ↪ Vote & Campaign
fanart - icon - twitter - tumblr - Dave
Devil's Cry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I gotta give you credit for staying up! That's true dedication. I liked the B/B moments and I thought the actors all did a great job. I think squeezing the plot into one ep (instead of the originally intended two-parter) really hurt the episode though.

People aren't just upset about Zack, they are confused. It doesn't make sense. I wonder if HH & Co always intended Zack to be the apprentice or if it was an afterthought... because *I* for one think that a psychopathinc cannibal might have shown some outward signs to his friends that saw him all day long...?
Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessylink (View Post)
oh, and I just realized something else...

That means that is was Zach that left the backpack bomb in the road to blow up Booth & Brennan's car in "The Night on the Grid"?? Several characters in that episode stated clearly that the intent was to kill B&B, not just scare them.

Do we really believe Zach would have done that? If Gormagon only approched him 3 months prior to this week's episode?
Quote:
Excellent Points. Which would also mean that Zach hauled that kid into the pool and nearly drowned him.
Zach REALLY
Somehow 2+2 is adding up to 5 here, and it just doesn't make sense!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top