Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 03:18 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for bringing that over, I don't think I read the article before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
or that he was approached by the Gormogon, rebuffed the offer, and then was killed.
All things considered and as hard as it might have been, it would have been easier for me to accept Zack being killed by Gormagon because he rebuffed the offer than making him the apprentice.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

I’m sorry to have stolen your thunder, Jen!

As you know KotG was on last night and I paid special attention to it. Most of what I’d said from that ep was from memory but you got the part about the teeth bomb exactly right. There’s no way Zack would follow Gormogon after that. I kept trying to figure out when Zack was supposedly recruited. It would’ve had to have happened during this ep but I don’t see when. As I’ve tried to show, Zack has no problem speaking up when he thinks others are mistaken and he can’t keep a secret. There’s no way he would’ve kept quiet during this ep and no way he would’ve joined Gormogon after the events of this ep. Plus, we never hear of this conference that Zack went to. How did Gormogon get in? When has Zack ever gone to a conference?

Here are a few more examples from other eps. I’m sure I’ll have more from KotG once I’ve watched my tape and taken notes.

Zack stands up to Booth about his experiment. He fist bumps with Hodgins. Zack had no problem calling the serial killer Gormogon and was not enamored of him. Zack asks Angela about her being married yet sleeping with Hodgins. Angela points out how Hodgins is a perfect candidate for Gormogon. Zack corrected Brennan & tells her she used to appreciate his being precise. (The Intern in the Incinerator)

Zack stands up to Cam about needing access to the bones. He stands up to Booth and Brennan about the “broadsword”. He tells Booth that you can’t see smell. (The Spaceman in the Crater)

Zack used to have a Michael Jackson glove. He looked sad that the victim could have been abused. (The Boy in the Time Capsule)

Zack uses “slug” that Cam taught him. He disagrees with Angela about her facial reconstruction. He will only recheck when presented with a scientific rational. He later stands up to both Brennan and Angela. Hodgins asks Zack to be his best man showing that Zack has friends who care about him and accept him. He didn’t think about the ageing disease and tells Hodgins that he will think about being his best man. He asks Booth about Iraq and being shot despite Booth’s antagonistic attitude. The camera focuses on Zack when the minister says family. (The Stargazer in the Puddle)

I agree, Nad, I’d rather Zack die a hero by rebuffing Gormogon rather than joining him.

I wonder if that’s what they really wanted to do and changed it because of the writer’s strike.

Zack’s death would’ve been shocking and had people talking all summer just as well.

I finally got a chance to take notes on this ep and here's what I came up with:

Zack says king of the lab and he knows exactly what it means. He works this whole case and sees it from Brennan’s pov. As he has shown in the past, if he agreed with Gormogon he would speak up. Zack finds out that there’s more than one Gormogon. Sweets talks about at risk kids. Hodgins points out that Gormogon is nuts. Sweets says we’re looking for a kid in his teens. Zack works on the complete skeleton that they found in the mausoleum, cataloguing the various victims. He stands up to Angela about the number/letter combo on the bone. Zack finds a way for them to get into the safe deposit drawer. Gormogon recruits disturbed boys. Zack is not disturbed and is no longer a boy. He is working on the skeleton with Cam during the montage. (The Knight on the Grid)

Zack went to open mic night with the gang, showing that even post Iraq, he was part of the gang. (The Wannabe in the Weeds)

Zack can't keep a secret. It would be hard enough for a regular person to have a double life as Gormogon's apprentice, never mind Zack. I don't think he could pull it off.

Rewatching the eps. I've noticed that Zack stands up to someone in the lab at least once an ep. These are people he respects, and he still speaks up when he thinks he's right. That's hardly a weak personality.

That's where HH made his mistake; Zack doesn't have a weak personality and there's nothing logical about killing people, eating them, and putting their bones on a silver skeleton.

How is it that they never found Gormogon? They had the nursing home staked out and were checking into all the kids that Gormogramps had “helped”. How did they never find this “nobody”?

It’s too much of a coincidence that so many of the guys on the trip to Turkey were widow’s sons and fit the Gormogon tarot cards i.e. musician, bishop, corruptor etc. I also find it hard to believe that someone as young as Gavin Nichols was in the Knights of Columbus. Young people don’t really join groups like that anymore. I’d say the lobbyist would be the youngest member of the group. Plus, what about people in secret societies that don’t fir the criteria? Aren’t they a threat too?

Since Gormogon removed his teeth for the bomb and needed Zack to make him new ones, how could some toothless guy convince Zack of any kind of logic? Not to mention, if Zack was already working for him he would either have defended him before or turned him in after the attempt on Booth and Brennan’s life.

Zack wouldn't take an intuitive leap in Mummy in the Maze even for Brennan till she invoked Einstein. I really don't see him listening to some "nobody".

It’s too bad cause I really enjoyed this ep and was excited about the arc but this retcon spoils it all.

Mare

Angel: I loved Fred.

Angel loved Fred and in an eon of eons he would never harm her in any way.

Last edited by marewillow; 07-30-2008 at 09:57 AM
marewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:03 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marewillow (View Post)
Zack’s death would’ve been shocking and had people talking all summer just as well.
Absolutely He's such an important part of the Squint Squad, I don't see how it wouldn't have us talking all summer long if the had killed him either
Old 12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
New Fan

Gormogon

I know that in the season three finale Zac was revealed as the Master's apprentice and gave Booth the location of the Master's den, and Booth then shot him. However, would it be an interesting twist if Gormogon returned and it turned out that the guy who Booth killed was really the apprentice and took on Zac in order to hide the real Master's true identity. It would allow further episodes to return to this plot arc.
mrandrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome to the board and !

It would definitely be an interesting story if they brought that back.

I am going to merge this with the ep discussion thread.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Season 3 has to be my all time fave season of Bones & I am not ashamed to admit that I miss Zackaroni.
CumberCookieCrumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumberCookieCrumble (View Post)
Season 3 has to be my all time fave season of Bones & I am not ashamed to admit that I miss Zackaroni.
Same here.
I really really miss him
Old 08-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

I miss Zack so much!

That was one of the best season finales ever, of any show.
Bec =) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, especially because you saw just how much Brennan cared for Zack.
It sucks cause I don't think she's ever cared for an intern as much as she did him.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

The only intern that ever came close to being as good as Zack and one that Brennan truly cared about was Vincent Nigel Murray.

She definitely showed her emotions and soft side with Zack in this episode.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bec =) (View Post)
The only intern that ever came close to being as good as Zack and one that Brennan truly cared about was Vincent Nigel Murray.

She definitely showed her emotions and soft side with Zack in this episode.
I know and then he gets killed off
Hart knows how to make an audience fall on the floor in tears
Old 08-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Definitely!

None of the other interns have lived up to Zack's excellence, other than VNM.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

I still can't get over his death
Old 09-26-2019, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Rewachted it again last night. Tough episode. The end was so sad Oh Zach
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingphalange (View Post)
I still can't get over his death
I can't either.

Yeah I watched that episode two weeks ago, always tough to see what happened with Zach.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Ms Cyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top