Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Bones 3x09 – “The Baby in the Bough” Episode Discussion (04/28/2008)

Episode description:
Quote:
Booth and Brennan investigate the scene where a car was run off the road and the victim's body deliberately burned beyond recognition. When the team hears muffled whimpering during the site investigation, they find the victim's baby miraculously perched in a tree above the scene of the crash. The team designates Brennan as the infant's caretaker, but when the baby swallows a key piece of evidence, they question her nurturing skills. The team soon identifies the victim as a laborer who worked in a tire-recycling factory in a small, impoverished town in Virginia, and Brennan and Booth venture out to investigate who might have wanted her dead. Their suspicions range from her deadbeat husband to the impecunious habitants of her town. Meanwhile, the team is fascinated by the presence of a baby in the lab and its affinity for Brennan in "The Baby in the Bough" episode of BONES airing Monday, April 28 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Cast:
Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan; David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth; TJ Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins; Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro; Eric Millegan as Zack Addy; Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille "Cam" Saroyan.
Guest Cast:
Nathan Dean as Agent Charlie Burns; Cameron Dye as Lou Taylor; Austin O'Brien as Jimmy Grant; Becky Wahlstrom as Carol Grant; Tom Wilson as Chip Barnett; Ronald William Lawrence as Terry; James C. Victor as Rich; Frank Clem as Earl Delancy; Steve Seagren as Sheriff Delpy; James Lashly as Paul; Sheila Shaw as Dorothy; Clement E. Blake as Homeless Man
Episode Stills:
Promo:
Bones 3x09
Nad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread Nad

The episode sounds very interesting. Brennan as a caretaker... Hopefully Booth will be around to see her with the kid
Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Edit: If you read my message earlier... i found the scene. It was in Glowing Bones.

Can't wait for BitB!! Although, this one was filmed before SitS I think, so it will be interesting to see the dynamic b/w B/B. Either way... I can't wait to see Brennan with a baby that is going to be totally awesome!!

Last edited by BonesOCD; 04-25-2008 at 07:33 PM
BonesOCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait to see this one!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread

New epi, new epi !

The only thing I feel is you.
Motoko Ayoama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:34 AM
Elite Fan

I've been waiting for this one ..
Can't wait!!
Old 04-26-2008, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you all seen the sneak peeks for ep. 3.09 or can't i post that here?

anyway: SPOILER: Spoiler TV: Bones - Episode 3.12 - The Baby in the Bough - 4 Sneak Peeks
Old 04-28-2008, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the sneak peeks. If they were originally released by FOX then they technically aren't spoilers. But I think a lot of folks don't want to discuss them until they air. But I've watched them. Too cute.

can't wait for tonight.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Yay Bones is on tonight! I've been waiting so long for this ep!
basketmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

2 1/2 hours from now!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm super excited for this episode, I've heard great things about it!

and in my dreams you're alive and you're crying,

and your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet.
beautifullybroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just watched it!

Seriously the most adorable thing ever!

3x09 – Baby in the Bough

Brennan: What do you know about the Cayman Islands?
Booth: Great diving. You know, lots of sea turtles. Why? Are you going?
Brennan: No, my accountant wants me to set up a tax shelter there.
Booth: Tax shelter?
Brennan: Yeah.
Booth: Exactly how loaded are you?
Brennan: That is an offensive way to phrase the question! But I’m quite loaded. I’m bidding a 7 figure agreement for my next book.
Booth: 7 figures. Wow. Without the decimal point?
Brennan: The publishers make considerably more.
Booth: What’s the first of those seven figures?
Brennan: It’s a prime number … what do you do with your money?
Booth: I use it. For food and rent.

Booth: Here’s my partner –
Brennan: I can introduce myself – Dr. Temperance Brennan

Booth: Shhh … You hear that?
Booth: Everybody keep quite. Stop working.
Brennan: Sounds like a cat.
Booth: Baby.

Booth: Oh, look at him, Bones. He looks a little fussy there. Why don’t you pick him up and give him a cuddle?
Brennan: Just because I have breasts doesn’t mean I have magical powers over infants. You’re the one with a son-
Booth: Alright, fine. I’ll take him. Here you go, you have fun with the diaper bag. You look good. Come on little man. Woo ho, Hi. Why don’t you say hi to your grumpy old Auntie Bones.
Brennan: I’m not grumpy!
<baby reached out and grabbed Brennan as she was talking to the sheriff about the scene>

at the cute little diaper changing moment.
Booth: Here we go. We’ll work together. Changing diapers, 101 Bones. Here we go little big man. Okay watch your head, we’ll put you down right here, look at that, all right. Give me a diaper there, Bones.
Brennan: Alright, here you go.
Booth: Thanks. Baby powder.
Brennan: You know, Booth, I have better things to do with my time … there’s no powder.
Booth: No powder?
Brennan: Yeah. Hey … wait a minute. <pulls out key>
Booth: Where’d that come from?
Brennan: There’s a rip in the lining of the bag. Seems like someone was trying to hide it.
Booth: Okay, I’ll get an evidence bag, and I’ll ask EMT if they have any baby powder, just watch him.
Brennan: Wait wait – Booth! There’s a baby. I don’t feel – comfortable -
<Plays with baby – tries to say coochy coo>
<Baby fusses and cries and pushes her away>
that she’s telling him elephant’s aren’t purple, then Booth walks up and the baby’s rolled over! And they key is gone! And obviously Brennan is clueless with babies … And the baby peed on them!

And back at the lab … Brennan was all business with the team wanting them to treat the kid as evidence and get work done. I see FORESHADOWING and her probably by the end being all lovey to the kid.

The FBI guy Charlie to Booth: Is it true that Dr Brennan is taking care of the baby? Because that’s something I’d pay to see!

And awwwww when the baby peed pink, and Brennan realized, she made it her job to get the baby.

Booth: You look very mom like with that monitor.
at Brennan’s long explanation about her responsibilities and the intern buying the clothes and bears eating a child in real life.

Booth: That is right people, I am a constant surprise.

Booth: Are you going to get him?
Brennan: I thought you’d get him.
Then the bickering about who should be looking after him.
Then when Brennan realized the baby was sad missing his mother, she was teary eyed, and held the baby. The look she gave Booth.

In the car, Booth’s suggestions on what Brennan should do with her money. A big house, a media room, he can come over!

Brennan: He looks so peaceful. He has no idea that he’s alone.
Booth: Maybe that wasn’t his mom. Maybe there’s a dad-
Brennan: No one has filed a report, Booth. No one is worried about him.
Booth: You are.

at the family thinking Booth, from the government, took the baby away from the mother.

<Brennan is all ready to jump out, at the mom’s house … but Booth tells her to stay in the car. She protests.>
Booth: Bones, there is a baby involved. You hear gunfire, anything like that, drive away.
Brennan says she won't leave him I’m not laving
Booth: Yes you will. Because this is about the baby. Not me. Promise me.
Brennan: I promise.

<Brennan taking care of fussy Baby Andy>
Brennan: We’ll find out what happened to your mother, I promise. Booth is an excellent investigator, and I don’t like to boost, but I am the best in my field. … What do you want? How about some visual and auditory stimulation.

<dances her fingers in front of him>
Brennan: Phalanges! Phalanges phalanges phalanges! Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
<Baby Andy laughs>
Brennan: Yes! Booth thinks bones are dry and boring. But … show me your phalanges.
<Baby Andy holds his hands up>
And the look Brennan gave the deadbeat dad when Booth drug him out! She hated him, hated how he didn’t care about the kid.

at Zach’s call and the “no no no”. Brennan talking to the baby, but Zach thought she thought he was talking to him!

Booth to Brennan: First the key, now jewelry. What’s next? Going to let him play with a bowling ball?

Booth: probably didn’t want it affecting her, you know … her supply.
Brennan: You mean her breast milk? You can say the word breast Booth.
Booth: I know. Bones.
Brennan: Didn’t Rebecca breast feed Parker?
Booth: You know - I’m not discussing this with you.
Brennan: Would “teat” make you feel more comfortable?
Booth: I’m not talking teats with you.
Brennan: Why not?
<Booth ignores her>
Moments later …
Brennan: Weren’t you breast fed? I was.

Brennan: Booth. Booth. Andy’s making that face again.

Brennan: I got the bank’s address. It’s in Petersburg, one town from Huntsville.
Booth: Great, I’ll request a warrant. That’ll give us time to go to family services in Parsons to get you -
Brennan: What? No. Not yet.
Booth: Alright, Bones, I know this is difficult, but we both agreed that we keep Andy to get the key. Now that we have the key …
Brennan: You can’t leave him with family services in the middle of nowhere. Cam still needs to review his medical records.
Booth: Well, I mean. Bones, there are doctors there.
Brennan: You have no idea what that place will be like, Booth. ? Med students, under funded, understaffed-
Booth: Bones -
Brennan: His mother is dead and his father is a felon. I have been in this situation Booth. I am not turning him over until I am satisfied that he’s somewhere safe, where he’ll get the care he deserves.
Booth: Fine. He can stay with us. For now.
Brennan: Thank you.
<Booth went to lock the back up and Brennan blew raspberries on the baby! Too cute!>

Great bickering in Bones’ office where she’s trying to get the politicians to build the bridge to Huntsville.
Brennan: Do you need to burp?
Booth: No.
Brennan: I was talking to Andy.
Booth: I know you were talking about Andy! My man, Andy. So what’s up with the little guy here, huh? How’s his condition? Any news?
Brennan: Cam’s still looking at his records. Consulting with some pediatricians.
<Booth and Brennan play with baby Andy>
Booth: Yeah, he’s going to be just fine. Isn’t he? He’s a tiger. Tiger tiger tiger tiger. Tiger tiger tiger tiger. Tiger tiger tiger tiger.
Brennan: You know, verbal development would be heightened if you didn’t talk to him like a fool.
Booth: And what were you doing just then?
Brennan: What? I wasn’t doing anything
Booth <over her> You were so, you were going -
Brennan <over him> What are you talking about?
Booth <over her, baby sounds>
Brennan <over him> I never did that
Booth: Hello baby …. That’s what you sounded like
Cam walks in and interrupts with info on he gun.

Loved how Brennan was so concerned about the pediatrician!

At the tire recycling plant, loved how Brennan wandered off and Booth just kept calling after her and she just kept investigating. Love how he is so protective always.

And I loved how when Booth and Brennan found the bone in the tire mulch, Booth kept looking at his hand that he’d used to grab the mulch/bone!

And I loved how when Angela called, Brennan automatically assumed there was a problem with Andy.

And what a GREAT scene Booth chasing the plant manager/owner. Loved how sexy he looked. And how upset Brennan was about him killing Meg. And Brennan grabbing him.
Brennan: There was a baby in the car, you son of a bitch.

Booth: Hi
Brennan: Hey
Booth: One of the tech’s found this in Meg’s trailor
Brennan: What is it?
Booth: <something about a letter>

Cam: Andy’s going to be fine.
Brennan: Thanks Cam. Really. <how happy Brennan was>
Cam: Don’t mention it. <walks out>
Booth <to baby Andy> Yeah
Brennan: Looks like you’re going to be fine.
Booth: Looks like our little guy’s going to be just fine.
<Booth and Brennan share a HOT look over the baby>
Booth: The little guy.
Brennan: Andy.
Booth: Andy’s going to be just fine. He should beat this.

And turns out the letter was for the local family who wanted to watch the baby. The end scene when Booth and Brennan give Baby Andy to his new adopted parents … so poignant. Brennan had tears in her eyes when she handed the baby over. I felt SO BAD for her. Brennan so is ready to be a mom, whether she admits it or not.

END SCENE: Sexy in the back of the SUV … his socks!

Booth: I’m going to miss that little guy. And so are you, so don’t deny it!
Brennan: I’m not ashamed to say I’ve developed a certain affection for Andy. It’s a natural by-product of care-giving.
Booth: Yeah. So … What do you think? Huh? Change your mind about having kids?
Brennan: Booth …
Booth: Okay. Alright. You’ve got some time. Not that much time.
< She smacks him and spills his coffee on some papers>
Brennan: Now look what you did!
Booth: What I did?
Brennan: Yeah!
Booth: You’re the one who hit me!
<She tries to clean up the mess off her papers>
Booth: What is all this stuff?
Brennan: It’s information Carol gave me, from the -
Booth: Ah, I see you took my financial advice. Didn’t you? Hmm? You’re going to build that home.
Brennan: No. The Congressman couldn’t help. So I’m rebuilding the bridge in Tunsville. I hired Carol Grant as the project manager.
Booth: Wow, that is going to cost a fortune.
Brennan: Well, to you it’s a fortune. But with my advance, and selling the movie rights –
Booth: I get it. I thought you said that the towns lived and died like organisms. That sometimes we should just let them go.
Brennan: And sometimes all it takes is one thing, like a bridge, for a town to start recovering. Back on the scenic route, the gas stations could reopen. Restaurants, maybe a bed and breakfast if people wanted to stay in the area. <she touches Booth there>
Booth: Wow. Listen to you. Good for you. <the looks>
Booth: You know, it’s a shame.
Brennan: What?
Booth: No kids. Who’s going to be proud of you?
Brennan: I don’t do it for that. <her smile>
Booth: Yeah, okay, I know.
Booth: You know, with next year’s book, you should, uh. You should get that second home in that town you saved. I mean, it only makes sense, right? Because every year, plasmas, they go down. They get cheaper and cheaper. It happens all the time –
Brennan: I get it.
Booth: What? I’m just saying that Andy’s gonna miss Auntie Bones and he’ll want to see you. We’ll all go fishing. Come back home. Plop ourselves in front of that big 103 inch plasma screen of heaven and football. And you can make a 5 layer dip!
Brennan: 7 layer dip.
Booth: Even better! 7 layers. Perfect. You can talk to Andy ….. Hello Andy, little baby Andy <baby sounds>
<Brennan puts a pacifier in his mouth>
Old 04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
New Fan

This was my favorite episode of the season so far! The talk at the end was easily my favorite scene of the episode! I'm going to totally go to sleep happy and have dreams filled with B/B goodness!
ZandersGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

You and me both. We always get great BB ending scenes ... but this one topped the cake.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Pacifier!!!!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top