Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bones 2x05 - “The Truth in the Lye” Episode Discussion (airing 09/27/2006, 8/7c)

Quote:
ON THE NEXT BONES After Booth has a bedroom romp with his ex-girlfriend Rebecca, he gets a call from Brennan about their latest case and agrees to meet her at a condominium construction site. They’re led into a partially built unit where they find the gruesome remains of a man dissolving in a bathtub of household cleaning products. After determining the victim had Brittle Bone Disease, they search a database of area BBD victims, all of whom are children, and split up to visit them in hopes of finding a connection to the dead man. When both Brennan and Booth come back with confirmation of the man’s identity, they realize he was living a double life with two different families. In what first appears to be a straightforward case of jealousy and insurance money, new clues send Brennan and Booth in a completely different direction and a third suspect is brought to light in “The Truth in the Lye” episode of BONES airing Wednesday, Sept. 27 8/7c only on FOX!
Source
Old 09-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh god.. I'm really nervous about this episode. From the looks of it.........It's going to be ...well.....very interesting... I really don't know what to say about it right now..... Just have to wait until I see it.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTUgal21 (View Post)
Oh god.. I'm really nervous about this episode. From the looks of it.........It's going to be ...well.....very interesting... I really don't know what to say about it right now..... Just have to wait until I see it.
I feel the same way Shauna

In a way I am glad he was sleeping with Rebecca instead of Cam...
Old 09-24-2006, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah ..even though I don't like Booth/Rebecca.. that's way better than Booth/Cam... anything is better than Booth/Cam. Although, honestly, I wouldn't put that out of my mind either. Unfortunately and this is pure speculation by the way........ I still think that something could happen b/w them again. Even so.... in the end.. I can't let it bother me too much b/c I know where Booth's heart lies.
I know better
Old 09-24-2006, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree: Everthing is better than Booth/Cam! I think those two are still connected in a way; just remember the scene in the last episode where they were more or less just talking to each other... but Brennan was there as well Maybe it's just the thing that they know each other well

Once again I have to agree with you Booth made it clear where his heart is... with Bones all the way! We shall not doubt that for a split second
But it is stil bothers me a little because it is so clear where his heart his...
Old 09-24-2006, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I agree: Everthing is better than Booth/Cam!
Glad you agree, hehehe! The thought of them makes me shudder. They are just so ..wrong. It's not natural. Now are the times I wish we had a Anti-Cam/Booth thread. I would be at home there,
Quote:
just remember the scene in the last episode where they were more or less just talking to each other... but Brennan was there as well
That really made me sad.

Quote:
But it is stil bothers me a little because it is so clear where his heart his...
Oh yes.. me too. I can tell myself that it won't bother me. but in the end I know it will. I know Booth&Brennan aren't together....but it's exaclty that fact that makes me sad.. why would he chose to be with Cam.. when he has Brennan who he cares about so much? But I think that Booth dosen't want to mess that up.. his relationship with Temperance.. it's so pure and the one thing he can count on in his life.. and he's too afraid to go there now.... so I guess.. he'll go for the safe, uncomplicated route..for the time being. That's what I think anyway.
I know better
Old 09-24-2006, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Glad you agree, hehehe! The thought of them makes me shudder. They are just so ..wrong.
Def wrong At least in my eyes

Quote:
That really made me sad.
Me too I was... hello... brennan is in there with you guys! You all are having a convo, not just the two of you!

Quote:
Oh yes.. me too. I can tell myself that it won't bother me. but in the end I know it will. I know Booth&Brennan aren't together....but it's exaclty that fact that makes me sad.. why would he chose to be with Cam.. when he has Brennan who he cares about so much? But I think that Booth dosen't want to mess that up.. his relationship with Temperance.. it's so pure and the one thing he can count on in his life.. and he's too afraid to go there now.... so I guess.. he'll go for the safe, uncomplicated route..for the time being. That's what I think anyway.
I agree, he probably doesn't wanna mess it up. But considering he knows Tempe so well... he should think about the consequences, the way it would affect her if he is sleeping with her boss. They (Cam/Tempe) aren't best of friends... she might get the feeling that he is betraying (because she might consider Cam still her enemy on a professional level)

He def will mess around with her feelings if he sleeps with Cam. When it comes to feelings Tempe is insecure and this will hurt her badly.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes.. definitley.. Brenann will feel very hurt and betrayed if Booth&Cam sleep together.. Booth is the one person she let her was able to let herself trust ..and really open herself up to like that... for the first time in well ever.. ....... So yes.. she would be very, very hurt. But personally....I've always thought/speculated that is where the season was heading.....some mega angst for Booth&Brennan.. and I say bring on the angst..(if done carefully that is) b/c only when you get to the angst.. ... you realize how much you really care about that person. Things just get so much more intense. Plus angst can lead to some very good things in the end. I do trust the writers though. They've done an excellent job so far.. I just have to believe that if Booth/Cam were going to get together....there would be a purpose to it..and maybe something really good could come out of it for BB.
I know better
Old 09-24-2006, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd say she never trusted someone , besides Angela to a certain point, like she trusts Booth now since her parents dissapeared and she was in foster care A Cam/Booth relastionship would hurt her deeply. She would be seeking distance to Booth... I dunno

But kuddos to the writers: So far they have done a very impressive job with the storylines espcially with the character development!

Angst to a certain degree is necessary cause like you said it makes a person realise certain things like the deepness of a feeling and such. On the other hand I would prefer a 'Booth in danger' scenario a lot more than a Cam/Booth relationship story arch. In my opinnion Brennan couldn't live with the fact that Booth died without telling him how much he meant to her... she might not have realised that she is in love with him until that point, but she will realise it in this moment. The angst would still hurt her alot, the not knowing if Booth will survive, if she ever will be able to say those magic three words...
Old 09-24-2006, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes.. I really do agree about preferring a 'Booth in danger' scenario".. that would be way better than Booth/Cam scenerio.. I'm acutally reading a very good fanfiction at the moment called "Servare Vitas"..in which it has kinda how I always envisioned BB to realize their feelings for each other. The way it's playing out is just amazing. That being said. even if Booth/Cam are the cause of the angst at first.. I really think that there would be more to it than that.. I mean.. based on how last season ended with the cliffhanger and then the premiere.....we know that there is still the mystery surrounding her parents hanging in the air. Something is bound to happen with that sooner or later..... and that could lead to Booth or Brennan getting themselves into danger somehow....... thus leading to some realizations of feelings, etc.

Either way.. like I said.. I do trust the writers.. I'm always paranoid about shows usually ..b/c I've always gotten burned in the end..but for some reason I trust Bones.. and I think we could get some amazing stuff this season..we'll just have to live though the angst to get to it, lol.

Quote:
In my opinnion Brennan couldn't live with the fact that Booth died without telling him how much he meant to her... she might not have realised that she is in love with him until that point, but she will realise it in this moment.
Omg.. don't put that in my mind, Andie, hehe. You know how good that sounds to me? Oh man.. If something like that happend on the show eventually..... I would be beside myself with happiness. I think I need to go read some fic now.
I know better
Old 09-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe I am just looking for other ways to get B/B angst because I just don't want Booth/Cam to happen at all... again I should have faith... those writers haven't let us down.

I agree about her parents. I am sure we'll get some tidbits/background info in the upcoming episodes, maybe the in same way they did it in Veronica Mars S1

Omg.. don't put that in my mind, Andie, hehe. You know how good that sounds to me? Oh man.. If something like that happend on the show eventually..... I would be beside myself with happiness. I think I need to go read some fic now.
Glad you like it Maybe you could write a fic...
Old 09-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I feel the same way. So Andie, as you came up with this:

Quote:
In my opinnion Brennan couldn't live with the fact that Booth died without telling him how much he meant to her... she might not have realised that she is in love with him until that point, but she will realise it in this moment.
perhaps you can write a fic Or if not you, someone... please? I'd do it, but I don't trust myt ability to capture voices.

The case itself looks to be interesting though
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Hm... the preview looks really intriguing and the case sounds good as well . I've to agree with you guys that Booth/Rebecca is way better than Booth/Cam.

Looking forward to this weeks epi, I hope 'Jasper' makes another appearance
Old 09-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

New thread and new eppy. And according to the description, it's Rebecca he sleeps with, which is better than Cam, as has been discussed above.

ETA: a few images from this eppy courtesy of beyond bickering ...

Old 09-25-2006, 04:45 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the caps Karen

I'm wondering what kind of shirt Booth is wearing in the first one