Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bones 2x03 - “The Boy in the Shroud” Episode Discussion (airing 09/13/2006)

Bones 2x03: “The Boy in the Shroud”
Quote:
Brennan and Hodgins join Booth and Cam at a crime scene beside an overturned garbage truck. Among the trash in the truck is the body of a young man wrapped in a shroud. Brennan finds that his skull is cracked and his leg is broken, and Hodgins determines the victim has been in the trash heap for at least three weeks. At the lab, Angela is able to identify the body from a facial imprint created by the shroud. As Booth and Brennan try to unravel the limited clues of the case, the parents of the deceased boy point a suspicious finger at their son’s young girlfriend, Kelly, a product of the foster system. Brennan takes her team members’ rush to judgment and criticism of Kelly to heart since she’s a product of the foster system as well. When Kelly confesses to the murder of her boyfriend, Brennan and Booth don’t buy it, but are shocked and disheartened to discover who the real murderer is. Meanwhile, things get tense when Brennan and Cam butt heads over their different work styles and Brennan recoils at Cam’s power plays. When a disagreement comes to a head, Cam threatens to start looking for Brennan’s replacement, even if it means losing the whole Jeffersonian team if they’re forced to take sides in “The Boy in the Shroud” episode of BONES airing Wednesday, Sept. 13 8/7c only on FOX!
Source: FOX
Old 09-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ooooooooo sounds like lots of conflict, but it also sounds like Booth is on Bones' side.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait to see this episode! Should be very interesting how the whole disagreement b/w Cam&Brennan will go down...
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There's a preview clip up on Fox from Wed's eppie. Hehee.. it's funny. Brennan's SOO naive about things, it's soo cute. And Booth finds it just as cute.

ETA:

There's actually two preview clips from Wed's eppie. The other is is great too.
I know better
Old 09-12-2006, 02:38 AM
New Fan

I can't help but read your episode discussions... even though we are only going on episode 12 season 1 in SA

I wish my life away to get to thursdays to watch Bones!!
It's a sad and viscious circle! LOL!
Crazy Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh I finally get to watch Bones on tv with cable! Finally, as I tried watching bones up north (not fun with nothing more than a piece of wire acting as an antenna) and I *cough*downloaded*cough* the second episode this week as neither global or fox were coming in at all

Back to the episode at hand, it sounds like a good one and I cannot wait to see it.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTUgal21 (View Post)
There's a preview clip up on Fox from Wed's eppie. Hehee.. it's funny. Brennan's SOO naive about things, it's soo cute. And Booth finds it just as cute.

ETA:

There's actually two preview clips from Wed's eppie. The other is is great too.
hehe, I saw them this morn! it *is* SOOOO cute! David's face is pricessless as he's watching her!

yea, but she's *our* Brennan! don't think we'd change her for anything!
Angel2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I only saw one. And Frnacis hells no, we wouldn't change our Brennnan for anything.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Janet ~ (View Post)
I only saw one. And Frnacis hells no, we wouldn't change our Brennnan for anything.
hmm, strange. they had 2 up yesterday too. one had a small continuaiton of the scene where they tought they were busting some1 for drugs maybe it'll be there today...?

hehe, nope, that's for sure! it took a while for her to grow on me but once she did...? can't picture any1 else in the part, actually. she's a perfect contrast to David, IMO. let's hope we get to know her for more yrs yet!
Angel2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel2005 (View Post)
hmm, strange. they had 2 up yesterday too. one had a small continuaiton of the scene where they tought they were busting some1 for drugs maybe it'll be there today...?
Okay.. I looked just right now and I see both of the clips. Ones right at the beginning and to see the other one you have to scroll all the way at the end of the little you use to scroll through the clips.

Quote:
hehe, nope, that's for sure! it took a while for her to grow on me but once she did...? can't picture any1 else in the part, actually. she's a perfect contrast to David, IMO. let's hope we get to know her for more yrs yet!
Now that you mention it.. I wasn't sure too about her either. In fact... I didn't think she was right for the part at all when I first watched the pilot.. I have to admit....she was a big reason why I didn't tune in after the pilot.. I'm not quite sure what it was..but I just wasn't feeling it. But....my god am I glad I gave her and the show another chance or I wouldn't be here now. Emily has come to be one of my very favorite actresses and Tempe one of my all time favorite characters on TV. All I know is ..David and Emily have such a natural and sparkling chemistry now.. it's unbelievable to me. I couldn't picture anyone else playing Brennan..and nor would I ever dream of it. Emily makes the role of Brennan come alive.... Same for David as Booth. Basically.... David and Emily are Booth&Brennan.
I know better
Old 09-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always felt she was great as this Temperence ('m not sure if she could pull of the Temoeance of the books)

It just occured to me Bones is on at different times in the US and Canada (or at least here in Quebec)
Old 09-13-2006, 06:42 PM
MsJ
Part-Time Fan

Great episode. I'll have to watch again to discuss more thoroughly, but for now this is my favorite quote:
Quote:
"I'm with Bones all the way. Don't doubt it for a second."
Don't you just love Booth (who has carried more than a little of his teenage "savior of the damsel in distress" into his adult life). He's such a good friend to Bones, UST aside.
MsJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

My fave moment by far too.

Booth: "I'm with Bones. All the way. Don't doubt it for a second." The power when he said it. It was teasing one moment, then in a second he was beyond serious and making sure Cam knew without a doubt that he stood with Bones.

Other great moments ....

the way Booth and Bones keep sharing looks. I mean, they understand each other and it's so cool. I love this direction they are taking.

Hodgins and Angela and "tension, party of 2"

Hodgins giving Angela the rose!

Bones bonding with Cam. Not sure why I liked it, but I did. And I think it might have to do with the fact that Booth influenced her to do that. He did it FOR HER. And she bonded for him. Or so I thought!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Karen with everything you've said. I admit I'm too tired to repeat most of my thoughts.. but you said it perfectly hun. Booth loves his Brennan....and they are such love. And Angela/Hodgins.. so very adorable and funny..

All though I will add....

~I highly enjoyed when the gang decided to reinact the crime. Wow.. it was so funny it nearly took the breath out of me. With how Booth was getting manhandled and how he fell on to the floor! That was priceless!

~Another Booth/Hodgins scene tonight! I love it when these two share a scene. They are so funny together!

~Brennan is so clueless but cute! It's adorable. How she gave that kid her money..hehehehehe! And then how she ran after that kid and he spit on her? LOL..only Brennan would find herself in these amusing situations.

~Hodgins with the garbage! How can you not like that man? He's so loveable.

~I love how Booth in his own "Booth way"..... .. gave Brennan advice when they were in his office talking about being in foster care.....about how he knows he she has the weight of the world on her shoulders... *awwwww* *soo cute*
I know better
Old 09-14-2006, 04:47 AM
New Fan

I think this was my favourite episode of the new season.

* The interaction between Bones and Booth is always good but tonight it felt different somehow, like they are closer than before. I mean she finally took some advice from him!

* I actually liked Cam a little at the end of the episode and I thought that the scene with Cam and Bones was excellent.

* And, of course, Hodgins and Angela! They are my favourite so I was so happy about all the cute stuff. Especially the looks they gave Zach after he asked if they were having a moment. Zach cracks me up. He's almost as naive as Bones.
trishyjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top