Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Man...that episode sounds even more interesting with the new summary... Can't wait till tomorrow to see it...
Old 05-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Well, thnx to my satellite dish, I just saw tonite's eppy on Global Saint John. Don't want to give it away, peeps, but be prepared to be blown awy by DB. I knew it b4, but seeing tonite, he's *definately* not the same man we met 10 yrs ago. When you see the last of it, let me know what you think. I want everyone's reaction. That man definately has my heart now. And if he doesn't get an Emmy soon, there's no justice in the world.

Oks, enuf for now.
Angel2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow ... great eppy thus far ... and loving the Seebones stuff! Be back later.

John Wayne and "l'il partner" ....
Old 05-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Angel - You were right............David was INCREDIBLE in this eppy. I was blown away.

And the ending was definitely one of my fave all time scenes ever.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

It was a good episode. It gave us insight into Booth AND Bones as well as the other characters as usual.

A couple of things:

-When Booth said the rounds came from an M14... The M14 isn't even in service anymore; It is a semi-automatic, bolt-action, gas-fed rifle not unlike a hunting rifle. What the writers should have said was the rounds came from either an M4, or an M16 which is standard issue for all American troops (Guard, Army, USMC) in Iraq. The reason I am bringing this up is because I assume it was a mistake the writers made, but thought it may have been an actual clue as only SF (Special Forces) use the M14 because it is so old, yet still a very accurate weapon in well-trained hands.

-The entire FF (Friendly Fire) incident would have NEVER happpened in the first place.

It woud not have happened because A) National Guard are not trained for CQB (Close Quaters Battle) and room clearing; this would have been an Army, or USMC operation and B) They train soldiers to go through what is called target discrimination. That is, quickly descerning who is really a threat and who is not. In other words, just seeing a falsh of metal doesn't mean someone is going to bust down a door and open fire -- Even if it is a real weapon. And finally, once the young soldier had stopped firing and killed the family, he would have yelled, "Clear!" and kept his weapon trained on any of the bodies to make sure they were really down and never would have just spun around which caused the older guy to shoot him (Calling Clear would have let the older guy know it was safe to come in).

I'm sorry to go into details, but I thought that while it was a good episode, the entire premise was not realistic in how they portrayed it and again, would have never happened in the first place.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker
Angel - You were right............David was INCREDIBLE in this eppy. I was blown away.
And the ending was definitely one of my fave all time scenes ever.
Thnx. Yup, he blew me away, too. That last scene; it just sticks in my head. I've seen him show emotion b4, but tonite...I can't explain it. All I could do was stare at the man. I can't say enuf how he keeps surprising me. He's good at what he does, that's for sure.

And then ED. She showed Tempe's growing affection for him, too. It's amazing how one little gesture can convey so much. And to me, she was saying "You mean a lot to me, Booth. I'm here for you." The writers shows it perfectly. Just hate having to wait the summer for more...grr!
Angel2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

My thoughts ... then I will respond to everyone else ....

General Comments
I wasn't sure what to expect coming in, but I'd read the eppy description and knew that we'd get a powerful episode, with Booth's history. And it honestly did not fail. I loved the whole friendly fire cover-up, the whole real life intensity it brought the show, and the whole was David played it. We could just feel the intensity and the fear he felt throughout the show.

Loved the Angela/Hodgins interaction. I'm actually starting to really like Hodgins all of a sudden, and I am not sure why.

Fave Bones/Booth Moments:
I loved the way Bones and Booth were talking at the grave, and Bones didn't really respect or understand the whole war issue, but she said basically that if Booth believed in it or thought it was right, whatever, it’s good enough for her. *squeeeeeeeeee* now that was a testiment of faith!
Oh and the way that she wanted to keep him company and be sociable with Booth, and the joshing about which one was the better liar over it! It was all just so cute.
And how about the moment/line when Bones basically told him she was his partner and she wanted him to let her be his partner. Again, what a perfect moment. I just wanted to squeeee in total happiness right then. It was an awesome moment.
And the whole hilarious John Wayne bit? He called her “'lil partner”, and then she did that horrible John Wayne impression. Such a great moment!
And of course I had to squeeee again over when Bones said that she was kind of hoping for his support on the body exhumation. It showed that even though she knew it went against everything he believed in, she still hoped/wanted/needed his support. And what made that even better for me in the end was that he was there with her and he supported her during the body exhumation. Never once in the whole family being mad at him stage did he hint it was Bones's idea. He took the responsibility, so in the end he did support her!
But the whole ending stuff was the best EVER in SeeBones stuff. It started with Booth’s military buddy making that statement to Booth about him needing to confide in someone what Booth had done in the military, and in that statement making the assumption that Bones was his girlfriend. I knew in my heart in that second that Booth would eventually confide in Bones in some way or shape or form. I could never have hoped it would have been what we actually got, but wow! Anyhow, on top of that, when Angela was talking to Bones about what she needed to do to support Booth, I was really then hoping for a scene like we had, but still didn't dream of it.
But the true kicker was that he confided in Bones and told her his military secret of shooting the boy's father, and how that affected him. He confided in her. He trusted HER as the only one in his life he ever told. *squeeeeeeeee* I was ready to die in that moment. And then she touched his arm, her perfect moment of support. We knew that Bones cared and we knew that she would show it, but she endede up doing exactly what Booth needed by instinct at that moment, and it made it perfect. And of course how he rubbed her hand back. He didn't just touch it. He stroked and rubbed her hand in support. I honest to goodness don't think I could have been happier with a kiss!
Old 05-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Angel, you certainly weren't joking about being blown away by David's performance. Wow!

DreamWalker, yeah, I think it has to be my new fave scene too. I honestly think it stood above the whole rescue even, honestly. But I might be influenced by the emotion of having just watched the eppy too.

UnsilentMajorty, interesting comments. I guess I usually don't catch those kind of details unless it's in my field of study, science. And I cannot say that it botherse me to have any slightly off info, such as the weapons. And the whole "clear" issue. I think they wrote it this was, as creative truth or whatever, because the over-reaching point was how things change in combat, how nothing is what you feel you are trained for, and how scary it can be. I think the way they portrayed the situation carried that feeling much better.

ETA: Oh, and I want CAPS NOW! I want to make some icons!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For the most part .. I enjoyed the episode as a whole. I loved all the flashbacks..and how they told the story.

But the ending.. OMG.. that MADE the episode. It was amazing. Really I can't get over it. To see Booth so vulernable and be able to confide in Brennan is so touching so many levels. The way they hold hands......wow....it just makes me all misty eyed the thought of it. The way they are there for each other..it just is amazing to think of it in terms of how far they've come thoughout the season.

And I must mention David's performance there at the end. Wow.. No wonder why he's my favorite actor.

And next week? OMG.. I can hardly contain my excitment. It could be the best episode yet all season. But one week is too long to find out. I need to see it now., hehe.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Someone help a poor Canadian girl out? What did they show/say in the preview for next week?

Too tired for any coherent expression on tonight's ep except Will try to come in for something clearer tomorrow
Starfield_Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

I'm in total agreement with all of you on tonight's episode. Think this has been the best acting I've seen by DB most of this season... Really shows the emotional range he's capable of as an actor, and aided in the whole progression of the Booth/Bones relationship...

Not much more I can really add since everyone's covered most everything else already...so for the moment, I'll just stick with the fact that I can't wait for the finale. It promises to be rather interesting...
Old 05-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Last night's episode was amazing.

Wildfire Girl: That John Wayne part was so funny... They're so funny together.

I loved that Brennan was able to give her support to Booth. I was afraid the way she was talking about how he would talk about it eventually that he wasn't going to talk to her about it. I'm so glad he opened up to her. What a great moment for them.

I enjoyed the Angela/Hodgins scenes too. they seemed to reach an understanding, eventhough they obviously have differing opinions.
candygurl1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie
Someone help a poor Canadian girl out? What did they show/say in the preview for next week?

Too tired for any coherent expression on tonight's ep except Will try to come in for something clearer tomorrow
Well, I only have a short description. We basically got the impression that next week we see Bones' past. Something about her Mom (was that who it was, at least one parent) is dead and she investigates it. Finds a brother. Something about her parents not being who she tought, fake identities, and she asks her brother if she is really who she is, and she's slapping him. And at one point Booth is holding/hugging her.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Oooh interesting Can't wait! Thanks Now if fox would only put their promos on their site like smart people *shakes head*
Starfield_Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So yay for time-shifting abilities I got to watch it from the Vancouver global (as to avoid the noise here) and holy crap. I loved the seebones stuff, actually I loved how we got to see more of everyone's opinions.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread