Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

Time for the show!
Old 09-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

DAMN IT!!! They're doing it again! They switched us to House instead of leaving us on Bones!!! Is it gonna play again on Friday this time? You guys are gonna have to tell me the beginning... I hope they switch us back!

ETA: They switched us back four minutes in this time instead of ten... still annoying though
Starfield_Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

You can always obtain the full episode "by other means" and I will leave it at that.

SIDE NOTE: In fact, I recommend obtaining episodes of TV shows that you really like, or think you will like NOW because A) They may get canceled after November Sweeps, or B) You don't have to go out and by the series on DVD because you already have it WITH the original music when it aired as TV shows on DVD often change music due to copyrights.

Now, as for tonight's episode...

Pretty good plot. A bit confusing because of the fast back-and-forth banter between Bones and Booth, but it was very topical as it centered on Terrorism and how we treat Arab Americans... But then, of course, they went and made one of the Arab Americans an actual terrorist in the end because they needed a bad guy -- But I think the whole purpose was to show that it isn't a whole group of people, but individuals and that, regardless of race or religion, that is what a terrorist is when it comes down to it.

The episode also delved into Booth's personal life as well as Bone's reaction to it which provied a little comic relief (for those who haven't seen the episode as of this posting, trust me, you should get a kick out of it).

This is a good show, imo, and one that I am faithfully watching because it has so many good elements in it (writing, directing, acting) that it still is a rare treat to see it all working together on-screen at once as it does each week.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Personally i loved the banter between booth and brennan and i agree it was a bit confusing but it was also hilarious u could tell how much they wanted each other. Oh and remember the party when jack was talking about booth to zach and brennan and booth was walking up behind jack that reminded me of a scene on buffy when xander was like why does every conversation have to do with angel? and angel was right behind him and he went oh hey man that reminded me of that.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I liked this episode. Didn't love it. I think last week's episode was better, and I don't know I get the feeling they are jumping into trying to hook these up too soon. It is only Episode 2, and we have them being pushed together. What's wrong with letting things happen naturally on their own? They were fun to watch, and Angela is fun! I have a full review on tonight's episode up on my review site.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

I thought this episode was pretty good... The pacing seemed a little off to me, but still I though it was ok..

Angela is hilarious.... and such a real character! I think she's great...

And, oooh, Bones is jealous, me thinks... Seeley's and Temp's banter always has such sexual tension... Rowr... I'm a little surprised the writers are highlighting that so early... but they're probably just teasing viewers...

Was Seeley's girlfriend one of those girls from "White Chicks"? She totally reminded me of one of them...
Astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:08 AM
Loyal Fan

AHHHH!! Did you see him shirtless??? WOOOO!!! He lost weight over summer! He looks how he looked 4 years ago. SEEXXXYYYY!! But I'm mad at that skank girlfriend coming out of the back room. She wouldn't have done that if a man was at the door, you know?

But yeah, their fighting is really cute, and like Bones, I just figured he was alone. Great epi!
Old 09-21-2005, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

I liked the episode. The other scientists are becoming quite interesting with their quirkiness, especially Angela. Not only that she went to spy on the girlfriend, but how well she did it... she may be in the wrong line of work!

I love Bones/Booth too. She's definitely jealous, and he wasn't in too much of a hurry to get home.

AlexEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Didn't watch yesterday cuz I was online talking to someone. But will watch the tape tonight.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Absolute Fan

I didn't get to see all of the pilot, so for me, this ep WAS the pilot, and I have to say that I'm definitely on board with the series. I love the chemistry between Booth and Brennan, as well as the way Brennan and her crew of 'squints' interact. I also love that Brennan isn't afraid to admit that she's a bit clueless when it comes to social situations and the broader world outside of her work for the Jeffersonian; it sets her apart from characters in similar roles on Law and Order and CSI, and is endearing at the same time.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

what song played when angela spied on sexy the lawyer?
Old 09-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderscoobie
what song played when angela spied on sexy the lawyer?
Spoon - I Turn My Camera On

I really liked this episode but I hope they will not do the Bones/Booth thing to soon. I kinda like how they are now.. with the bantering and all.. I love that about them

I'll definitely be watching episode 3!
Old 09-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow. Just watched this episode (I was busy last night, had to tape it). It was awsome, soooo friken funny. I'm soo in love with Bones/Boone, they SOOO have to get together (I have a feeling they are going to be the couple where the writers have all this tension, and than, when it starts to get boring, right around season two, they shove the two characters into a relationship, even though I'm bored with them now, some ex. of this, Loreali/Luke from Gilmore Girls, Ephram/Amy from Everwood).

And I really love Angela, and Zach is just so cute. LoL. *hee* I love this show!
Old 09-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

I liked the ep, and I agree, Angela rocks!!

I just hope that it isn't going to become the "formula" for Bones and Booth to break into someone's home, and then shoot them at the end of the ep.

Claudia
Old 09-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

I forgot about the show! I was so sure it was on Wednesday!!