Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Administrator

All these years later, Bones is still a top notch television show with heart, humor, integrity, and excellent storytelling. It's so refreshing to see a show that stays at the top of its game many seasons into the show.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It is, I think last night's episode was a wonderful example of just why Bones is still doing well 8 years later. They can deliver any type of episode or storyline and bring it with everything an audience wants to say and keep that audience with them throughout the years.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

"Some crazy ass white thing" - still cracks me up after watching it again.

Love, love the fact that Arastoo brought up the conspiracy thing. It got Hodgins excited. Loved it! The faces of the other interns just made the scene even better.

Booth = Superman!

I'm very glad that Arastoo didn't give up on identifying the set of remains before him. If he would've moved on to another set, we never would have gotten such a wonderful episode.

Let me give Booth an "attaboy"! (As well as Wendell and Fisher).

When the interns realized that the injury to the rib occurred on September 11th, I got chills down my spine.

Hodgins little speech about looking into conspiracies about September 11th, I felt was touching. I agree with what he said. No one deserved to die that day.

Cam made me want to cry. I know she deals with dead bodies all the time but to have to sign 900 death certificates because of the acts that occurred had to have some effect on her. Yes, she is still here and I'm glad that she is still strong because that had to be a horrible thing to work through.

Arastoo's speech to Finn gets a round of applause. His speech gives us a point of view that we don't really get to see. Not every Muslim person agrees with what was done that day and yet we never get to hear what they have to say. I'm glad that Finn was able to accept the criticism given to him. That scene deserves an A+.

Is it me or did it sound like Booth may have been crying when he was telling Bones the identity of the victim?

Even though they were making fun of him, Fisher started the touching conversation that we got from our favorite interns. Once they all started recalling what they were doing that day, I can say I started crying. It reminded me of what I was doing that day and going home and watching the images of the plane hitting the tower and the towers collapsing. Wendell's story just broke my heart. I may have been crying during that scene but bawling once Wendell told his part.

The "Mate" part didn't really do anything for me. I think if it was another episode then maybe it would have. The storyline just took precedence for me.

It such a wonderful thing to know that the victim was trying to get a silver star for his friends. He kept trying and trying without giving up.

Loved that all the interns were able to work together to figure out what happened. Loved them tagging each other when describing what happened to him. They went from competing against each other, to figuring it all out together.

Hodgins: "I can't believe he died with no one knowing what he did."
I'm with you on that one Hodgins. This guy is a true hero and everyone needs to know what he did.

Booth's speech is another one that deserves an A+.

I'm glad that Booth is going to try to get them all the silver stars that they deserve.

Brennan's speech had me in tears also.

Overall this episode get a 10/10. I don't see how it could have been any better. I really don't.
SachaS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, I really don't have a single thing I would change out of this episode. It isn't what I expected to watch but my gosh it was 100% better than I even thought it would be. From each of their personal stories and perspectives on it all, to the courage of the victim not only to uphold the name of his friends but to save people who had been working where he had been ignored was very noble of him. I am very glad he wasn't murdered, that the only "bad guy" in this tale was those who committed the terror attacks that day, there was nothing to pull our focus from what they did.

I really like that the episode has a sort of "light" beginning, BB talking basketball, Brennan kind of trying an experiment with the Squinterns and them battling with each other but when it came to it they worked hard, each using their skills to the best of their abilities to begin to find an identity for this "homeless" guy. The moment, as you say, when they realised the man was injured on/in 9/11 was goosebump inducing, they knew they had to help him.

It was definitely a superbly written episode, it could've taken many different routes, it could've been a lot less personal but the writers/crew/actors stuck with that emotion and made it work for the story of each of them and the victim. Truly a beautiful episode.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie (View Post)
I agree, I really don't have a single thing I would change out of this episode. It isn't what I expected to watch but my gosh it was 100% better than I even thought it would be. From each of their personal stories and perspectives on it all, to the courage of the victim not only to uphold the name of his friends but to save people who had been working where he had been ignored was very noble of him. I am very glad he wasn't murdered, that the only "bad guy" in this tale was those who committed the terror attacks that day, there was nothing to pull our focus from what they did.

I really like that the episode has a sort of "light" beginning, BB talking basketball, Brennan kind of trying an experiment with the Squinterns and them battling with each other but when it came to it they worked hard, each using their skills to the best of their abilities to begin to find an identity for this "homeless" guy. The moment, as you say, when they realised the man was injured on/in 9/11 was goosebump inducing, they knew they had to help him.

It was definitely a superbly written episode, it could've taken many different routes, it could've been a lot less personal but the writers/crew/actors stuck with that emotion and made it work for the story of each of them and the victim. Truly a beautiful episode.
they definitley had a really good balance between the light hearted and the dark stuff
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie (View Post)
Yes. There is no denying that the was a superbly written episode. I think even those who are not fans of the show would appreciate how great the episode was. I believe this because even if you were not personally affected by the events that occurred that day, I'm sure most still remember what they were doing when they heard about what happened.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It just came down to an excellently done episode, and yeah, it doesn't matter if you follow the show religiously like us, dip in and out or have never seen an episode, everyone can look at that one and say "well done". Anyone who doesn't just can't see a well written show imo.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Excellent episode. Stephen Nathan deserves kudos for the wonderful writing on a very sensitive subject. I agree it was a bit preachy, especially the part where Aristoo is telling off Finn, but I know that speech was more for the benefit of the audience---that we shouldn't judge people by their religion, so it was worthwhile to hear. I loved the chemistry among the squinterns---the way they started off not wanting to work as a team, especially Fisher, and then how it ended up being Fisher who brought them all together. They are all excellent actors, and it was great to see them together for a change. I also loved hearing how 9/11 had affected each of them---Cam's story was especially moving. My husband made an interesting comment; we got to know everyone's story on 9/11, except for Booth's. Or did I miss that? And yes, I agree, this episode also made me think back to where I was when I heard the terrible news.

Overall brilliant episode---the ending especially caught me by surprise--Brennan's emotional reaction, how she had kept those feelings inside all those years because she felt she had nobody to share them with. She has grown so much as a character. Seeing how much she loves Booth really made me tear up. There were several points in the episode where I teared up in fact. As long as this show can still make me get that emotional, it has plenty of life left in it. As for the ratings, yeah it was disappointing that they went down a bit, this episode really deserved better. Maybe they'll go up in the final numbers, and hopefully, they'll really jump in the DVR results.
spunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nope, we didn't hear where Booth/Hodgins/Angela/Sweets were. Or Brennan technically, we know she went there, but they never said where she was when she heard the news. So really we only heard about the Squinterns, and then Cam as she was there in NY.

I am hoping the numbers rise, hence why I haven't posted them yet, so fingers crossed for that. Not that I think we're in trouble, but such a good episode should have rating to reflect that.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunks (View Post)
Excellent episode. Stephen Nathan deserves kudos for the wonderful writing on a very sensitive subject. I agree it was a bit preachy, especially the part where Aristoo is telling off Finn, but I know that speech was more for the benefit of the audience---that we shouldn't judge people by their religion, so it was worthwhile to hear. I loved the chemistry among the squinterns---the way they started off not wanting to work as a team, especially Fisher, and then how it ended up being Fisher who brought them all together. They are all excellent actors, and it was great to see them together for a change. I also loved hearing how 9/11 had affected each of them---Cam's story was especially moving. My husband made an interesting comment; we got to know everyone's story on 9/11, except for Booth's. Or did I miss that? And yes, I agree, this episode also made me think back to where I was when I heard the terrible news.

Overall brilliant episode---the ending especially caught me by surprise--Brennan's emotional reaction, how she had kept those feelings inside all those years because she felt she had nobody to share them with. She has grown so much as a character. Seeing how much she loves Booth really made me tear up. There were several points in the episode where I teared up in fact. As long as this show can still make me get that emotional, it has plenty of life left in it. As for the ratings, yeah it was disappointing that they went down a bit, this episode really deserved better. Maybe they'll go up in the final numbers, and hopefully, they'll really jump in the DVR results.
I hope so . they deserved great ratings for this
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Unfortunately the bad news is, the ratings didn't go up. The good news is, they didn't go down either, LOL. Too bad cause this episode really deserved more eyeballs. But basically the viewers stayed steady at 7 million, and it was just one tenth of a point down from last week in the 18 to 49 demo, so it wasn't too bad.

On to next week's episode, which also looks good, and hopefully will do better in the ratings.
spunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That was one of the best episodes of this incredible show that I've ever seen. It was so emotionally powerful and moving. I cried at several points during the episode, especially when all the interns talked about what they were doing on 9/11. This show is really one of the best shows on television.
My feelings exactly Jerry!
Olderroswellfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I felt the exact same way too! Had tears in my eyes at several points. Beautiful episode!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

If you didn't cry during this episode, then you must not be human. Too bad about the ratings. Wish it would've done better. Episode definitely deserved it.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Reason I liked the episode

1. Brennan's reading a book on baseball hmmm interesting.
2. No bickering guys LOL
3. Uh oh Brennan's reading too much on Baseball LOL
4. WOW! I don't think the guys were excepting the tap on the butt thing. Neither did they
5. Tapping your man's butt is the way to go Brennan
6. Booth was like WTF Bones! Out in public LOL that's for the bedroom .
7. The interns are determined to figure out who was this guy nice going guys
8. Booth IS superman to Brennan and to us, right girls .
9. The gang remembers 9/11 terrible
10. The interns are bickering again, awe come on guys can we ALL get along . Nice speech Arastoo.
11. The homeless guy was a vet, poor guy
12. Booth making sure this guy isn't forgotten That's out Booth
13. Brennan's Booth's mate OMG she didn't just tell the Lt. that.
14. Once you're hero , you're always a hero IMO saving them people at the Pentagon during 9-11 and died doing it.
15. Nice memorial service for the guy
17. Awe Brennan don't cry
18. Booth hugs her for reassurance touching scene.

Love the fact all the teams on both ends came together to see that this vet wasn't forgotten.
Brennan: [smiles] And neither do I. As long as you're there. We've waited long enough.
tab62374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top