Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am still in all honesty in SHOCK over everything we got on ALL accounts.

And did I even ever mention Sweets? He was so adorable, all freaking out all episode long. And then just tossing his book and crumbling in the end!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 PM
New Fan

I haven't posted here in a while, but I have to tonight because I'm so riled up that I can't even sleep and I have nobody to talk about it with. I think my mind and body are in shock.

I'll be honest. At first, I hated this episode. Just because they were throwing off everything I thought I knew and a flashback kiss doesn't really mean anything. Although that kiss in the rain was AWESOME. And hot. Anyway, then I loved the last scene... but I also hated it!! It wasn't really the "the moment you've been waiting for" that we were promised, like Fox dangled food in front of my starving face but then took it back and ate it themselves... but still it was great to see them kiss for real and they were both crying and he was pleading and then she was pleading and then I was crying and then she was all "scientist scientist blah blah blah" and her eyes were pleading that he say they can still be partners and he was wiping his tears and my heart was racing and OMG. He laid his heart out and she kicked it aside like a soccer ball and I was so mad at her that I've been shaking my fist for hours, but I know she's just scared and I feel bad for her and I feel bad for him and then I feel bad for myself for forgetting that this is just a TV show and not real people. I was so mad that it ended that way, but so happy that it happened at all, and now I just don't know what to feel. I can't sort out my emotions! That must mean it's good TV if it's keeping me up half the night.

My conflicted emotions aside, overall, I think this was one of the better ways to handle the whole "situation". Leaving out the last scene would have made the episode fairly pointless, but having them be like, "Okay, we're in a relationship now." would have been just as lame. So they really did take the best route. But it's sad because there was such a finality to it. She said no, he said he was moving on. Like that's it. Maybe things will come back around. I definitely hope at least, as someone said, that the dynamics between them changes accordingly. Especially next week. They can't go back to the same old way of interacting with each other. Not after that. It was a really intimate moment. He should at least have a hard time looking her in the eye. I would.

Okay, I'm done ranting and raving. Maybe now I can sleep.

And then when I wake up, I'm gonna download this episode and watch it a million more times.
roarimaraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:36 PM
New Fan

hey guys, i mean i am a big fan of bones, but is it just me or did the last 2 episodes just plain suck ?
I mean if you watch the very first episode of bones you know that everything in this epuisode cant have happened. They meet there for the very first time, so how can they now suddenly tell a story about a murder invetsigation that happened before that ? And dont let me get started on the other characters. This epuisode is so full of unlogicalities, do the writers take us for complete idiots with the brain of a worm ? Did they really think we are that dumb we wouldnt notice that the whole episode doesnt fit a single bit in the story line ?
feyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I really enjoyed this episode, and I enjoyed seeing the characters that we’ve all grown to love when it all started. Hodgins was a lot angrier when he started out, and I didn’t realize that Angela had been a caricature artist before she went to work at the Jeffersonian. I also liked seeing Zach in his younger and nerdier days, but most of all, I liked seeing the interplay and chemistry between Booth and Brennan as they worked their first case together. We could really see that the attraction between Booth and Brennan was always there, and I loved it when Booth admitted that he “felt it” from the moment they met, but Brennan is still just too emotionally stunted to open up her heart completely to Booth and open up her heart to love, but you just know that she loves him as much as she’s capable of loving anyone. I was disappointed that she rejected Booth, but I feel it was in character for her to do that, and we’ll have to see if anything will change now that Booth declared his feelings for her. All in all, I though that this was a great episode of a great show.
What the **** ? Did none of you watch the first season of bones ? This episode basically plays in an alternate universe, thats the only way you could explain the huge gaps in lodic an consistancy with the first season ^^ I mean do the writers of the show think "ha to hell with it, nobody remembers the first season anyway, we can just reinvent the whole beginning and no one will notice ?".
Old 04-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

great that they used sweets book as a starting point to the story ! Did i forget Cam was FBI before running Jeffersonian Institute.

THE KISS the tears from both very emotional but i ,who is normally all tissues and watery eyes I was ok.

Temperance has to let go that seems to be the theme going forward. The final shot of her leaning her head on his shoulder was nice touch .

everyone seems to feel bones wont commit due to being abandoned as a child father who was a killer and brother also criminal her name isn't her birth one Only real memories of her mother is on video .

i really want bones and booth to commit well bones to give in and finally say yes to bones .

do we need a finale sex scene to seal the deal ?

Very good episode .love it when a show goes off it's normal theme and focuses on one or two major characters and who they are and how they got there !

in the flashback when she slapped booth it surprised me ,but she had already punched a federal Judge twice .
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
great that they used sweets book as a starting point to the story ! Did i forget Cam was FBI before running Jeffersonian Institute.

THE KISS the tears from both very emotional but i ,who is normally all tissues and watery eyes I was ok.

Temperance has to let go that seems to be the theme going forward. The final shot of her leaning her head on his shoulder was nice touch .

everyone seems to feel bones wont commit due to being abandoned as a child father who was a killer and brother also criminal her name isn't her birth one Only real memories of her mother is on video .

i really want bones and booth to commit well bones to give in and finally say yes to bones .

do we need a finale sex scene to seal the deal ?

Very good episode .love it when a show goes off it's normal theme and focuses on one or two major characters and who they are and how they got there !

in the flashback when she slapped booth it surprised me ,but she had already punched a federal Judge twice .
So its ok to you, that they just reinvent their first meeting and act as if season 1 never existed ?I mean in the first episode of season 1 they clearly meet for the first time, so now we got 2 first meetings. AND THATS OK WITH YOU ??? So they can just reinvent the backround story every other season or so ??? wtf ?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyn
I mean in the first episode of season 1 they clearly meet for the first time, so now we got 2 first meetings.
Actually, if you rewatch Season 1 Episode 1 there are references to them having met before. There was contention in their relationship because of a previous, alluded to but never expanded upon, first meeting. Brennan even has a line about how she told Zach to never put Booth's calls through to her "after the last case," --

So, it's not a rewrite - the full story was just always left vague - hope that helps.

we both go together if one falls down
talk out loud like you're still around

© JESS | tm | tw | lj
falling is like this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:14 PM
New Fan

Well I am new to the forum and I love B& B but this episode makes me deathly afraid that B&B are the new Rachel & Ross...................

any thoughts?
cliffordsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyn (View Post)
What the **** ? Did none of you watch the first season of bones ? This episode basically plays in an alternate universe, thats the only way you could explain the huge gaps in lodic an consistancy with the first season ^^ I mean do the writers of the show think "ha to hell with it, nobody remembers the first season anyway, we can just reinvent the whole beginning and no one will notice ?".
You clearly need to watch the pilot and season 1 again. Don't you think the writers would have been smart enough not to do a flashback if the pilot really was BB first meeting? Even I give Hart more credit than that. Trust me, if there was some huge inconsistency in the episode everyone would have been complaining about it.

Anyways amazing episode! Loved every moment. The ending scene was absolutely heartbreaking.

Hi cliffordsimmons. I don't think BB are going to officially together until the end of the series. I wish I could reassure you but I can't.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^I can't help but wonder if they're going to get together sooner than that.

This was the best episode EVER this season thus far!!! OMG I LOVED it!! I just know Brennan is going to bring Booth's speech up once she realizes her feelings are the same for him! I JUST know it!!!
This was the part I broke though...

Gah the tears!! The tears!! It was like he was getting that slap in the face 6 years ago all over again.
All I kept thinking was "Brennan please, just do it, just kiss away those tears for him! He so deserves it! just do it!"
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
~MelBelle~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:20 PM
New Fan

What concerns me the most about the idea of them only getting together @ the end of the series is that the writers will use more ridiculous and unrealistic devices to keep them apart, and by the time they finally get together no one will care.

I love this series and don't want network stupidity to spoil it. Not having B&B take a natural progression together robs the show of what makes it great, evolution. In this show, you can see a clear evolution of all the characters personalities etc from who they were on day 1. Retarding this , to milk more out of an element of the drama you think gains ratings is the criminal level of stupidity that networks so often engage in.
cliffordsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:59 PM
New Fan

I both loved it and hated it, but I'm not sure she did totally stamp all over his revelation. Essentially, she was saying she saw it too but because of the way she is they couldn't try it because she could never change and it wouldn't last because of that and he needed protecting so she didn't break his heart. She doesn't realise she's already changed and that, essentially, they've already built a lasting relationship. So painful.
CockyBeltBuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

UNIQUE EPISODE.
I loved every bit of it. The case, the birth of the team, BB dynamic!
All! BB were all over each other from the beginning!
But the ending broke my heart
Why can't they be happy?
Old 04-09-2010, 02:15 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome episode
Gio Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:26 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordsimmons (View Post)
What concerns me the most about the idea of them only getting together @ the end of the series is that the writers will use more ridiculous and unrealistic devices to keep them apart, and by the time they finally get together no one will care.

I love this series and don't want network stupidity to spoil it. Not having B&B take a natural progression together robs the show of what makes it great, evolution. In this show, you can see a clear evolution of all the characters personalities etc from who they were on day 1. Retarding this , to milk more out of an element of the drama you think gains ratings is the criminal level of stupidity that networks so often engage in.
This has been my fear all along. I was a big Mulder/Scully shipper back in the day and by the time they finally got together, the whole thing had become anti-climactic and the whole story had line had just gotten ridiculous. I was really disappointed and at that point, I just couldn't watch the show anymore.

But I do understand the dilemma they face. Changing the relationship, changes the show, which essentially risks ruining the show. It's a fine line to walk. But I think they need to do it sooner rather than later. Especially after what happened between them this episode. There's got to be a way to inch the two of them closer together without it taking 4 for more years and without the whole show exploding around it. I wish I had more faith in the writers not to destroy a good thing.

ETA: I just remembered something. You guys probably won't remember, nobody does, but in the 90s there was this show on called Brotherly Love. Joey Lawrence's character and one of the other girls were totally in love but she wouldn't move things ahead because she knew what they started they'd have to finish and she didn't want to deal with that. They had that tension of keeping things at arms length just like B&B and I loved it but I wanted to see them together. I think they eventually would have gotten together anyway, and it would have been so awesome, but then the show was cancelled after the second season and it never got a chance to happen and I'm still sad about it. I don't know what my point was, but I hope it doesn't happen here.

Last edited by roarimaraptor; 04-09-2010 at 03:44 AM
roarimaraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top