Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

Was also surprised when I saw her wearing pink

What? You want me to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder.
I don't know what that means.
supergirlhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjudas (View Post)
Brennan and a baby, i am not taking it very serious at this moment. for me it was just a thing to reveal more about b/b feelings to eachother.
Brennan has to grow much more before having a baby, haha ill make a diverse schedule.........

Still loving the end cant wait till next week. but i am soooo afraid that %@$#$% sully is coming soon to spoil it all. Dont like him, never did.
I agree, still, was a very nice episode, with strong ending...
I don't think that Sully will come, don't worry!

Icon by: fanforum
miss-rebel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirlhero (View Post)
Was also surprised when I saw her wearing pink
me 2.

I used to think Emily looks good in red. But these days Brennan wears quite a lot purple, which looks gorgeous. And then the pink shirt. I was like "wow, not bad..."
Old 05-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-rebel86 (View Post)
I agree, still, was a very nice episode, with strong ending...
I don't think that Sully will come, don't worry!
I kinnda don't mind Sully comes back for a little while. It's gonna be soooo different right?
I mean of course Brennan won't jump at Sully or something, especially after ice-sketing, ice-cream feeding, dine-and-dashing with the only FBI agent she want to work with...
Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought that the episode was hilarious and well-put together even tough a bit concentrated.

I could have kicked myself for the fact that I did not put together all Booth's hallucinations to figure out that something is wrong with him. This is what happens when you have seen too much television One thinks it is OK to see Luc Robitaille giving you clues to a murder investigation or a dead man that walks, talks and feels completely real like Private Parker, so unless is a medical drama one does not feel compelled to think of a brain tumor

Sweets was great and his techniques too Who said psychology is not a reliable science?! Oh wait, that was Brennan Fisher and his discounted sperm were about to kill me as well as everybody's reaction to Bones' announcement that she decided to have a baby.

As far as the experiments on how to smash a melon with a bottle of cabernet I loved it!!! I could not believe that a bottle of wine would not break from such a hit, but apparently if the wine is expensive enough, the bottle is also tough enough

Hunger - Sex - Whoa - Horse [...] - Sperm - Baby they should definitely participate on the Thread "Bones Word Association" on this forum. Can anyone imagine how crazy that would be???

Going to the heavy stuff... I thought it was amazing how they all came together to support one of their own in the hospital. It was a great scene! Plus the vulnerable Booth and the teary eyed Brennan NO COMMENT.

The scenes where Cam & Angela tried to reason with Booth and Brennan because they see how things could / should be were incredible. It was clear the note of denial in both Seeley and Temperance. None wanted to deal with the deeper meaning and maybe this is how their relationship works. Some couples are not meant to have the feelings admitted in words as much as in gestures. Naming something works for some, some don't know how to say it and for others it scares the crap out of them:lol . The feeling though is just as strong in all situations. Apparently Sweets is a big believer in naming stuff but that will come (or not) in due time. I doubt anyone can rush a man like Booth or a woman like Brennan.

In the end, the intense meaningful look in Booth's eyes, Brennan holding his hand and the line "if something goes wrong, I want you to have my (clears throat) stuff" was worth just as much as those three powerful little words we all know...
_Nyx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CopperBoom* (View Post)
Exactly. I would have liked if they brought it up earlier in the season or something. I have no problem with her wanting a baby but it was very random.

Cam/Angela/Hodgins face when she announced the baby was hilarious! The ending scene was amazing. I liked everyone's reactions to a BB baby. Angela buying it a onesie... AWWW.

I hate Stewie. I hate Family Guy. He almost ruined the episode to me. Maybe if I liked the show, I would have liked his scenes a lot more. I wish Booth had a hallucination with real people. Not my favorite episode but the ending was amazing.
Agreed. Cam, Angela, and Hodgins are always awesome though.

Oh, I caught the second half again last night and I must say Sweets' reaction at the end was amazing. I loved it.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Extreme Fan

I just wanted to throw my two cents in there about something in this episode. So, here you go! Two cents:

Some have said that it seemed out of place for Brennan to suddenly announce that she wanted a baby. I agree, to a degree, that it was a little sudden, but I don’t think that she made up her mind on the spot. I think it was something she had been considering and wanted to bring up, and the word association game provided a right time/right place scenario.

Everything she said brought them back to the subject of children, almost as though it was something she wanted to discuss and she was hoping to segue into it. Just look at the words (without the side comments about it being weird):

Booth: Hunger
Brennan: SEX
Booth: Whoa
Brennan: Horse
Booth: Cowboy
Brennan: CHILD
Booth: Baby
Brennan: BOOTH
Booth: Mother
Brennan: BIRTH
Booth: Happy
Brennan: SPERM
Booth: Egg
Brennan: I want to have a baby!

Even when Booth’s words could have naturally led away from the subject, she led them right back to it, i.e. with “happy” and “sperm.”

I liked how it sort of became a choice between Booth’s baby or no baby at the end. I’m sure the topic will be revisited and that more options will be considered – or at least added into the mix – but I like it as it stands now. When Booth said he had to be involved if she was going have his baby (I’m paraphrasing here), she said, “Fine, I won’t have a baby.” Not that she wouldn’t have HIS baby, but that she wouldn’t have A baby. It’s as though any other option just became not good enough. Of course, that may just have been more to do with her concern for his health at the moment than resulting from a careful consideration of all options before her.

I don't know. That kind of made me feel better about the whole baby thing.
smurfette729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Extreme Fan

wow, that sums up that episode. first off all, whats with the whole "they are husnating thing" first grey's then house and now bones. can't the writers have an original idea, also one that fits the genera of the show!

that being said, i loved the whole, "i want to have a baby" thing. it was halarious how brandan just blets it out, and continues to throughout the episode. i loved how it showed everyone react to the idea. and how everyone came to the same conclusion (except brandon and booth), that she wanted his kid and only his kid.

i loved the scene with the watermelons, lol. i love the continueing theme that cam hates huggens experments.

as for the case itself, it kind of got ignored (in my opinion), with the main storyline really being brendan and booth. i actually didn't realize until i was writing this that they didn't find the killer yet.

overall, the end of the episode was kind of a let down. it is very unoriginal to have the holutnations turn out to be a brain tumor. but as for the rest of the episode it was a good episode. i'll give it a 8 out of 10, because of the ending.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy2345 (View Post)
I know the ending of episode sort reminded me when Booth got shot by the crazed fan and Brennan is holding onto Booth for everything. Definitely want to see how this goes.
i loved that ending, it showed how much she cared for him, without different shows.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Dancing Phalanges!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4pacey_99 (View Post)
at Fisher --- Brennan suddenly seeming more attractive now she wants to be a mama - his little flirtations were cute - harmless and cute
That was amusing.

I never thought I'd see Booth and Stewie in the same scene together hahaha

And I am SOOOO excited to see Zack next week
Sheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:24 AM
Extreme Fan

What an amazing episode & so so heartbreaking - I was in tears!!!

I must admit I'm surprised at myself for not wondering if there was something wrong with Booth 'cos of the hallucinations - I didn't even think twice about them!

I loved ALL the baby stuff - "dancing filanges".

The Cam/Ange scene about the baby & Ange buying a onesie was LOVE!

I can't wait for next week!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

the dancing phalanges but just made me cackle for ages....
she would make such a strange mother... it would almost be dysfunctional... that would be sooo funny... like what type of things would she give her kid to play with.... and Ange would be soooo cute she'd like make Brennan bring her bub to work and then she'd look after it....

Email
Icon is by beauticity
KaraTaylor87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:00 PM
New Fan

I don't get what this show is playing at. Last we knew, Bones was weird about babies. Now out of nowhere, she suddenly wants one?

I love this show and all... but I personally think it's getting weird. EVERY.SINGLE.EPISODE has some other character hinting at their love for each other but it never, ever goes anywhere... and then suddenly it's baby making time? I'm confused. Either put them together or don't, but I'm getting tired of the hint, hint, wink, wink stuff... but maybe the next episode will make it all worth it.

But dancing phalanges? HAHAHAHAHA! I love it.
roarimaraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Brennan had grown a lot in the series. She takes care for Andy, and she told Booth she wanna love and be loved she doesn´t want to be alone, she doesn´t want Booth leave her and having his baby is a way to always be with him, have some part of him, because she doesn´t want a baby, she wants Booth´s baby. But she is afraid like him to take the next step. Like angela said having his baby through a insemination is a way to have him without have him.
Srta_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll try to catch up more, but glad to see everyone so involved in this episode.