Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Really good ep. I love Cam! She was so cut!
The ending - adorable, Bones laughing like a little girl! Awww, Booth is so amazing! I love the ending
Old 05-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm really starting to like Cam.

Her humor and faces rock!
icon by desired_designs/LJ
Alauda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Another great episode - they are all top notch this season

I loved the Jared/Booth storyline - Booth is such a great big brother Brendan Fehr is sucha hottie - I hope they bring him back somewhere down the track

I am loving the girls'wardrobe this season especially - all three Cam/Angie/Bones are all wearing some really great outfits - loved Brennan's skirt and the other two are wearing some really vibrant colours and outfits that make their characters stand out as individuals which is great

I loved Booth saying he had to do something personal and Bones wanting in on it - lol "i'm not the public" It's so cute she wants to be a part of every facet of his life

I felt sorry for Sweets ---but enjoyed him getting back a bit at Bones --- I don't understand - if they (B/B) don't believe him and mock him to a degree then why ask for his help?! it gets annoying a little bit coz I love Sweets and (I love Psychology) nearly as much as I love B/B

I loved the ending - Booth is such a sweetie and Brennan giggling - so cute!

I'm the one thing meant for you and you for me
crazy4pacey_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the ep too.

all the stuff with Booth/Jared was really good and poor Booth worrying about it.

loved the montage of Brennan examining the Bones with the song playing.

and when Cam and Angela were trying to decide who would "babysit" Brennan
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 PM
New Fan

Overall, I liked it ok, but I have to say that the jokes when they first brought the body back to the lab were in really bad taste. Even though this show has had elements of comedy in it from the beginning, they at least used to be more respectful about the person who died and always seemed to have a lot of empathy for the victims. But it seems more and more ( not all the time, but often) that they are using these victims of horrible deaths as a source of comedic relief.

There is a depth of great characters in this show that they can use for their humor. I thought it made Hodgins, Cam, Angela and Muslim Intern seem incredibly insensitive as they were joking over the charred body of a young college student.
qrmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

FINALLY got to watch!

Here were my thoughts ...

Ha ha, loved Booth talking about his college fraternity or whatever prank where they stole cadaver and put it atop a horse and Brennan joked it was a fraternity of psychopaths!

The intern’s guess … a nuclear explosion as the victim entered a 99 cent store! Ha ha

No Booth has ever gotten a dishonorable discharge. Poor Booth and Jared.

And Brennan on the phone with Booth while Booth was with Jared was cute. She was trying to figure out of he was talking to her when he told Jared he’d find him a job! Brennan is GREAT when she’s clueless sometimes.

And Brennan was so proud of herself when talking to the college students with Booth, when she made the comment that the kid was also known as Beaver. It’s like she was proud to have discovered his nickname, proud to be ‘normal’.

LMAO at Sweets and the fraternity and the sex board, and complimenting Abbott on being so successful and Booth redirecting Sweets.

Brennan: Booth, he is not a radio!

Sweets: Okay, I’m a magic 8 ball.
Booth: I believe you just hurt his feelings.
Brennan: What did you believe him?

Brennan: Excuse me. Did one of you take the sheets from Beaver’s room? Cuz that room is sealed for evidence and you will prosecuted.
Booth: That’s a good one Bones. Now no one’s going to admit to having Beaver’s sheets.
Brennan: Well then we’ll have to take them all.
Frat Guy: You can take mine pretty lady.
Other frat guy: Hey, yeah yeah, you heard her boys. Give her your sheets.
Booth: I’ll meet you back at the lab.
Other frat guy: Can I offer you anything mam?
Brennan: No

And Booth got Jared and interview in less than 24 hours, and Jared didn’t want to, wanted to go riding in India instead. Poor Booth.

Brennan: What are we looking for this time?
Booth: I don’t know. Fur. Grey hair. Anything that’s going to help us identify Beaver’s cougar.
Brennan: Beaver, otter, cougar. This case is like a day at the zoo.
Booth: Cougar is an older woman that prefers younger men.
Brennan: Wouldn’t that indicate that every woman is a cougar?
Booth: Thanks for the insight there Bones.

LMAO at the was the victim some kind of spy. Worse, some kind of bookie! So funny.

Brennan and the lady professor and her blunt nature and Booth’s faces. So freaking great!

And Sweet’s advice to Booth to get a motorcycle was hilarious!

AND LOVED Angela and Cam rock paper scissoring to see who stayed with Brennan. So adorable, and such clear friendship. And of course I loved the scene of Brennan examining the bones, very old school.

Brennan: Booth believed that the cringe factor was too high, even though cringe factor is not a valid mathematical function.
Booth: Believe me, it is. Okay.

Brennan: What are you going to do?
Booth: Something personal.
Brennan: What?
Booth: Personal. Personal means personal. You know, not for the public.
Brennan: Well I’m – I’m not the public!
She looked genuinely hurt!

And Jared seriously invited Booth to India with him. Awww

Brennan: Is he being tortured?
Cam: Not exactly.
Booth: Yeah, that’s his sex face, Bones.
Then Brennan, “is that a cougar?”
Ha!

Booth: Jared wants me to go to India with him.
Brennan: Indiana
Booth: India, okay. Taj ma hal. Cows. Tigers. Cobras. Slum dog millionaire.
Brennan: I know … are you going?
Booth: We don’t like each other.
Brennan: So .. not going.
Booth: Well, He’s my brother. So I love him.
Brennan: I’m confused. You are going?
Booth: I mean Jared should not go to India alone. He’ll get into all kinds of trouble.
Brennan: You said that he’s never been alone.
Booth: Exactly! He’ll be eaten alive.
Brennan: But if you go with him he won’t be alone. You won’t let him be bad and his frontal lobe will always be the size of raison. That’s what you said. Makes no scientific sense.
Booth: Yeah, you said. Got it.

And the scene where Booth and Brennan and Sweets showed up at the college, and used the nail gun on the float … it was awesome.

And the Jared and Booth scene at the end was nice. And he realizes that Jared needs to stand alone. Very nice. And Booth gave Jared the St Christopher necklace.

End scene, Brennan was apparently waiting in the bar for Booth after Jared.
Brennan: So uh, do you really think you have to be bad to be good?
Booth: Yeah, I do.
Brennan: I’ve never done anything bad.
Booth: I believe you.
Brennan: I’ve made mistakes of course, but I’ve never purposely done anything bad.
Booth: And I believe you!
Brennan: I don’t want my frontal lobe to be a dried up raisen!
Booth <his smile> You know what? We’re going to do something bad now.
Brennan: What?
Booth: Have you ever dined and dashed? You know the concept right? We’re going to run out of here without paying the bill.
Brennan: No, that – that’s stealing.
Booth: That’s why they call it bad. We’re doing something bad.
Brennan <over Booth> no no no
Booth: Ready?
Brennan: No, I can’t. Really?
Booth: One, two
Brennan: No, are you serious. Oh my god.
Booth: go go go go
Brennan: No, oh god, we’re bad. We’re bad!
Booth left money on the counter and they went running!
She’s screaming and running!
Booth: easy easy easy, get in my car.
He’s holding her arm!
Brennan: I did that! Woooo hoo.
Booth: You rock!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Booth: Personal. Personal means personal. You know, not for the public.
Brennan: Well I’m – I’m not the public!
Cannot believe how hurt I was... forget about how Brennan felt

But it was truly something he needed to handle himself in that particular moment. Besides something like this, issues with his brother... he was bound to consult or confess to Bones eventually. Too major not to, considering how she is his sounding board for all the major decisions he's making.

The frat students and Sweets that was hilarious. And then Brennan's evaluation of that fraternity house and life, which in this case was similar with Sweets' opinion, made me laugh my head off. Not that they were not right ...

The "dine and dash", that was so sweet and tender
Giving her the opportunity to be bad... and paying for the beers anyway because he's a responsible, sensible grown up man besides representing the law as an FBI agent
_Nyx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Lovely episode.

So many great scenes:
- the Booth brothers talking
- Brennan "not being the public"
- BB "dine and dash" (great music!)
- Cam and Angela "paper-rock-scissors"
- Brennan examining the bones and Cam babysitting (great music!)

There were lots of other moments, too.

I have no idea why but the end scene with Booth and Brennan running out of the Founding Fathers bar(?) reminded me of S2 finale and Angela-Hodgins running out of the church. Probably because they knew why they were running, but everyone else was confused, kind of. I know I see the strangest things in some scenes

as always, thank you for the transcribing it, Karen.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still loved Cam's jokes.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:25 AM
New Fan

@ Wildfire girl

great job with a recap of the highlights. Some of the parts you quoted I had already forgotten about and it was fun to look over them again.

I also loved that they had Bones alone with the bones again. They used to to that a lot in previous seasons and they always had such great music playing. It was nice to see them go back to that and it was Very cool to see Cam sticking around in silent support of Brennan's process.

Over all I like Cam, but like I said, the initial jokes over the dead body of this boy just hit me as very insensitive, which I don't typically feel from these characters. Even though they see evidence of extreme cruelty, and lots of twisted pathology, they are almost always pretty empathic with the victim, even in cases where the victim may have played a role in their own demise.

I work in health care and I understand that Humor is a huge pressure release valve in the face of tragedy, etc and I guess I wouldn't have been quite so bothered by it, if it had come a little bit later, which is typically how it seems they usually do it.

Outside of that one complaint, I liked the episode and like it more as I reflect back on it.

The previews for the next one have me a bit worried though. I think there is a lot of risk in introducing the "baby daddy" story line. Those of you who are old enough to remember Cheers will remember just how unfunny it was when they had that storyline on there with Sam and Rebecca. I also thought it was lame on Will and Grace.

I am not saying that it is a bad idea, I am just saying it worries me. I guess as a bit of a romantic, I was hoping if they hooked up, it would be out of love/passion. The idea of their DNA mingling in a lab is not very romantic to me. So I am interested in just seeing how they play this out. My one idea is that he agrees, they have an appointment set up, but a night or two before, after solving a tense case, they share one of their famous "moments' together. Booth kind of half jokes that "Why go to the doctor when we could probably manage this on our own" or something. And in a rare moment of impulsiveness, they give in.
qrmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

I really liked this episode.
unfloopy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:29 AM
Elite Fan

Loved the Booth brothers' dynamic, and of course, the ending That was just too adorable, especially Brennan's face when she was saying "ohmygod" and "nooo"

The look on Brennan's face when she said "I'm not the public" and when Booth said Jared asked him to go to India, she looks so vulnerable. Especially when Booth was telling him about the India plan, it reminded me so much of how Booth looked when Brennan told him that Sully asked her to go with him.

And re Beaver's face in the photo and Brennan asked if he's being tortured, and Booth said it was a sex face

What? You want me to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder.
I don't know what that means.
supergirlhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Those frat boys are nasty!

It’s weird cause Sweets is basically the same age but way more mature even he acts like a kid sometimes.

Poor Booth, trying to do right by Jared.

I felt bad for Bren when Booth wouldn’t tell her what he was doing when he went to meet Jared.

I’m not sure why that woman slept with Beaver.

I was really surprised they made Hodgins anti Muslim. I didn’t like that at all.

I wish Cam had let them do the experiment, though!

It was like season 1 again with Bren looking at the Bones. It was so sweet when Cam left the coffee for her.

Did they have to say dine and dash cause it’s TV? Or is chew and screw a local saying?

I’m glad Booth paid even if Bren didn’t know.

Mare

Angel: I loved Fred.

Angel loved Fred and in an eon of eons he would never harm her in any way.
marewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation (View Post)
I still loved Cam's jokes.
Me too She´s a great boss with great humor
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love how they kept so many episodes from Season 3, and made Season 3 longer as they put the episodes.

Cam has a quirky humor. It took a little getting used to it.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top